Slight tank morphing reduction suggestion

General Discussion

MyOh has changed tactics: he is afraid and ashamed to post his wonderful sugesstions so we can't counter in detail his harebrained mech-buffs.
If you ask MYOh what's his plan he will BS you but never disclose his changes.......

The Mod is pretty much done, I've just been working on the DT change now to wrap it up.

The TvP Mech buffs in it have been "balance patch ready" for a long while now. They don't break TvZ and TvT Mech, in TvP you would be shocked at how these small handful of changes work together to make TvP Mech much more viable regardless if you go standard mech or battle mech.
Terran player suggesting absolutely game breaking buffs to a Terran unit that is already a staple unit in all matchups.

Yeah, just another day on the B.net forums.
05/24/2019 07:38 AMPosted by MyOhMind

MyOh has changed tactics: he is afraid and ashamed to post his wonderful sugesstions so we can't counter in detail his harebrained mech-buffs.
If you ask MYOh what's his plan he will BS you but never disclose his changes.......

The Mod is pretty much done, I've just been working on the DT change now to wrap it up.

The TvP Mech buffs in it have been "balance patch ready" for a long while now. They don't break TvZ and TvT Mech, in TvP you would be shocked at how these small handful of changes work together to make TvP Mech much more viable regardless if you go standard mech or battle mech.

LOL, i don't doubt that i will be shocked.
On top of the crazy MMM the protoss race will be hammered by crazy-Mech too.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

LOL, i don't doubt that i will be shocked.
On top of the crazy MMM the protoss race will be hammered by crazy-Mech too.

The changes are the opposite of crazy or random, they are actually very very refined. So are the Zerg and Protoss changes. More importantly is that the changes are all designed to work together.

I updated the mod recently with a change to the Colossus that makes it really fun to micro.
05/24/2019 01:10 AMPosted by RoachRider
05/23/2019 09:52 PMPosted by WireBender
For some reason though, the no fast sieging argument didn’t apply to lurkers. Because Zerg units I guess.

the fact that lurkers have to be burrowed to attack, can't move while burrowed and have no attack in unburrowed state has prolly nothing to do with that i'd imagine /s

Why lurkers get insta siege and not siege tanks though? Are you paying any attention at all? The fact that lurkers are perma-cloaked while siéger should be more reason NOT to let the siege instantly.
05/23/2019 09:32 PMPosted by William
05/23/2019 09:21 PMPosted by AdMech
They decided to remove it because it was too overpowered.

Just to give tanks a slight flexibility. If it is overpowered, maybe we can talk about stats reduction I guess?

No, if your Tanks get caught unsieged at a bad time that is your fault for messing up.

We shouldn't nerf the Siege Tank into uselessness just because you suck as a player.

05/24/2019 08:29 AMPosted by WireBender
05/24/2019 01:10 AMPosted by RoachRider

the fact that lurkers have to be burrowed to attack, can't move while burrowed and have no attack in unburrowed state has prolly nothing to do with that i'd imagine /s

Why lurkers get insta siege and not siege tanks though? Are you paying any attention at all? The fact that lurkers are perma-cloaked while siéger should be more reason NOT to let the siege instantly.

Lurkers take 3 seconds to burrow (divide by 1.4x for faster); compared to the Siege Tank's 4 second siege. They don't have an "instant siege" or anything of the sort. The unburrow takes about 1 second or maybe less; but that is fine because Lurkers don't have an attack while they are unborrowed and they are designed in such a way that they sometimes need to move in combat.

Lurkers also have to burrow in combat a lot more often than Tanks. Both because they have no attack while unborrowed and because they have shorter range such that they occasionally have to burrow forward in combat to be effective--this was very common in Brood War, Lurkers aren't used as much in SC2 though for various reasons; so you don't see it as often.
05/25/2019 06:32 PMPosted by TerranicII
They don't have an "instant siege" or anything of the sort.

Actually, Lurkers have Adaptive Talons upgrade, which reduces their time to burrow from ~2 seconds to ~0.7 seconds, both Faster time, making burrow virtually instant.
05/26/2019 01:24 AMPosted by Aurioch
05/25/2019 06:32 PMPosted by TerranicII
They don't have an "instant siege" or anything of the sort.

Actually, Lurkers have Adaptive Talons upgrade, which reduces their time to burrow from ~2 seconds to ~0.7 seconds, both Faster time, making burrow virtually instant.

I wasn't aware of that, so it basically cuts the burrow time by 1/3.

My other point still stands though. Lurkers actually need to burrow forward in combat in many situations--since they are outranged by a few threats, can be countered more easily by micro, etc. Siege Tanks can reliably siege outside of the enemy's range and rarely need to move in combat. Tanks are also able to leap-frog much more easily because of their range; which makes their siege time less important except for the "caught off-guard" case.
That is more of a map design problem than a balance problem. Tanks see plenty use on maps with good siege positions. Maps with bad positions usually make tanks into liabilities.
05/26/2019 12:45 PMPosted by ZXOmegaXZ
That is more of a map design problem than a balance problem. Tanks see plenty use on maps with good siege positions. Maps with bad positions usually make tanks into liabilities.

That's why it is advisable for Protoss/Zerg to clear whenever possible destructible structures around their bases.
Disruptors like open spaces to shine. Why we are to allow this terrain to be used against us?
A lot of games were lost because Ling/Banes had to travel around those destructible structures, the same for those poor Ruptors that can't fire like Tanks.....