4.8.5 Game Crashes when starting

Mac Technical Support
Hey guys, after the new patch hit today I can no longer open my game. I've tried restarting my computer, or opening through a replay and every time I do it tells me that "SC2 quit unexpectedly".

I am on a MacBook Pro 2017 on Sierra 10.12.6.

Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks!
I'm having the same problem on iMac, Mojave 10.14.4. Tried restarting as well with no luck
I also just uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results. :(
I guess it's good that I'm not alone here. Hope they fix it soon.
Dang :( Yeah, hope it gets fixed soon!
Same story - won't launch after the patch. Tried scan and repair as well with no luck. Currently redownloading the whole program ...
04/23/2019 07:06 PMPosted by Nitis
Same story - won't launch after the patch. Tried scan and repair as well with no luck. Currently redownloading the whole program ...

Didn't work for me, but good luck!
^THIS! Having the exact same problem since today's patch. Tried re-installing with no results. I also checked permissions.
04/23/2019 07:06 PMPosted by Nitis
I wouldn't waste your time, I don't think that's where the problem lies
Same here. Crash on start. SC2 4.8.5.73559. Mac OX 10.14.4.
Same problem on Mac OX 10.13.6 High Sierra, MacBook Pro 2013.

Update:
This has been a problem previously, and by looking around the Forums I found the solution to be:
- On Mac Apple menu, go to System Preferences/Sharing
- Change Computer Name to something different.
- Click on Edit and then Okay.
- Close Preferences window.
- Game should now work
You can change Computer Name back to what it was originally and it should still work. In fact, you may not even have to change the Computer Name, just going through the steps might be sufficient.
04/23/2019 08:04 PMPosted by Tyravangelon

Update:
This has been a problem previously, and by looking around the Forums I found the solution to be:
- Game should now work
You can change Computer Name back to what it was originally and it should still work. In fact, you may not even have to change the Computer Name, just going through the steps might be sufficient.

Just tried it, did not fix my issue. Lets see if it works for others. Thanks!
04/23/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Gyalgatine

Update:
- Game should now work

This worked for me! Thank you!
04/23/2019 09:25 PMPosted by Crapper

This worked for me! Thank you!

Thank you this also worked for me :)

Update:
- Game should now work

So weird that worked for me just added a 2 to the name Macbook Pro lol

Im on a
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB

Update:
- Game should now work

This worked for me!
This worked thanks!
I have an iMac (21.5", Late 2013) running macOS Mojave 10.14.4 w/ 16 GB RAM and Fusion Drive. The recent 4.8.5 update crashes on startup for me also. I deleted /Applications/StarCraft2 and removed all prefs and other Library files (from Terminal). Totally clean download and re-install. Didn't help. Hopefully Blizzard is working this one.
04/24/2019 01:59 PMPosted by Kijug
I have an iMac (21.5", Late 2013) running macOS Mojave 10.14.4 w/ 16 GB RAM and Fusion Drive. The recent 4.8.5 update crashes on startup for me also. I deleted /Applications/StarCraft2 and removed all prefs and other Library files (from Terminal). Totally clean download and re-install. Didn't help. Hopefully Blizzard is working this one.

I wrote this before I read the above...the "Sharing Preferences" solution above worked for me. Yea!

Update:
- Game should now work

Nvm it worked, first time I counted down, but this time I counted up. :)
Changing computer name worked for me. Jeesh...