Stukov mech?

Co-op Missions Discussion
Did anyone test it after the patch?
05/22/2019 02:00 AMPosted by Alex

Not yet, I'm still lvl 13 with Stetman, but once I'm done with him I'll fully test him. I had a Stukov ally who made all his mechs on OE and it seemed to work really nice. The inf dbs seemed legit doing their job, didn't pay attention to what he did with the rest of his mech.
05/22/2019 02:28 AMPosted by Daegoth

Not yet, I'm still lvl 13 with Stetman, but once I'm done with him I'll fully test him. I had a Stukov ally who made all his mechs on OE and it seemed to work really nice. The inf dbs seemed legit doing their job, didn't pay attention to what he did with the rest of his mech.
On a related note, I'm guessing EVERYONE is getting in on Stetman? Reports are saying it's so bad that pre-mastery Stetman players are joining Brutal games b/c it'll take 5 to 10 minutes to get into a lower difficulty games otherwise?

If this is the case, I think I'll wait until at least the weekend after next to try him out :\
On a related note, I'm guessing EVERYONE is getting in on Stetman? Reports are saying it's so bad that pre-mastery Stetman players are joining Brutal games b/c it'll take 5 to 10 minutes to get into a lower difficulty games otherwise?

If this is the case, I think I'll wait until at least the weekend after next to try him out :\

Definitely everyone is playing Stetman but as hard as it was I finally got to mastery and made 3/4 of his achievements, I played only brutal since lvl 1 btw. If you are planning to play Stetman it will take u some time, plus some noobs who were afk, or I had to carry them made things a bit worse.

It will take ppl the whole month playing Stetman :p same happens everytime a new comm is out.
I played mass Queens several times, if you count that as mech. Felt ok, you have a bunch of fast glass cannons that can deal with everything (Leviathan on Void Launch dies in a second to Spawn Broodling barrage) if you micro or can die en masse to a lot of things (like Suppression Tower blast) if you make a mistake (lots of Viper/Scourge enemies didn't help too). They can't kill buildings, but infestation and infantry can do that just fine. Duration on Ocular Symbiont is nice, as I watched replay I noticed that several times there was DTs killed because my Queen with symbiote passed by, long after I forgot I even cast that. Regen is good too. Of course, a lot of minerals was piled up, sunk some in bunkers, but they eat supply way too fast now, maybe will try using barracks instead (hello lags, here we go again).
05/22/2019 08:37 AMPosted by Alex
I played mass Queens several times, if you count that as mech. Felt ok, you have a bunch of fast glass cannons that can deal with everything (Leviathan on Void Launch dies in a second to Spawn Broodling barrage) if you micro or can die en masse to a lot of things (like Suppression Tower blast) if you make a mistake (lots of Viper/Scourge enemies didn't help too). They can't kill buildings, but infestation and infantry can do that just fine. Duration on Ocular Symbiont is nice, as I watched replay I noticed that several times there was DTs killed because my Queen with symbiote passed by, long after I forgot I even cast that. Regen is good too. Of course, a lot of minerals was piled up, sunk some in bunkers, but they eat supply way too fast now, maybe will try using barracks instead (hello lags, here we go again).

Have just tried and agreed. Bquees are now indeed the air queens owning everything lol. Neither Leviathans, nor Lokis or Motherships suppose a challenge if u take care of them. On VL with full air, inf banshees, inf libs + bqueens vs Protoss it felt easy. I did it b4 revamp, but bqueens are now really good. They also take a good chunk of hp from ships, flybrids and whatever that isn't a structure.
Queen is very fast and nimble. It feels like AA Wraith or something with a snipe. You can run away from scourge and lead ensnare them almost as if it was an aerial Cyclone casting a green thing backwards. You can ninja the 2nd Pirate ship faster than Tempests on Rifts to Korhal. Though it would be prudent to Infest something to keep the ground guys busy or something.

Ocular Symbiote makes a big difference now, whereas before all you needed was a Overlord. And casting it on Allied units allows you to see a lot of opportunistic targets (Carriers, BC's, Science Vessels, etc.). If you use this unit, you will learn to "assess the battlefield" quickly and make decisions on who to kill first and who to stop in their tracts. It's like a squishy Nuker/Crowd-Control unit. Except now it has more targets.
I played mass Queens several times

I feel that Stetman could be the best friend for mass queens, because he can set his Stetzone to recharge energy. 5 energy/sec is huge for mass queens.
05/22/2019 10:02 AMPosted by jedi
I played mass Queens several times

I feel that Stetman could be the best friend for mass queens, because he can set his Stetzone to recharge energy. 5 energy/sec is huge for mass queens.

Yeah, at this point it seems I only rolled Stemans so I got heal/regen doing Mass Queens. Maybe a few Bunkers for mineral dump defense. We'll see how this works out with non supportive partners. But as for now, I was able to carry a bunch of Stemans with just calldowns to help them push while playing around with the Queens. I upgraded the spells only since it seemed the Armory upgrades don't make that much of a difference compared to more Queens.
Banshees out range Static Defense. It seems you can sort of A-move them into a base and let them do their thing and use like Queens to pop AA and detectors to support them. They can endure some hits so you can also move back some of the wounded ones to do "burrow micro" or whatever. When you add calldowns, it's a pretty reasonable way to clear. Otherwise with some attention and micro, I think you can take your time clearing out a base with Banshees only supported by some form of AA. So far Liberators seem more suicidal than before, but maybe it's a factor of getting used to the control. The updated increase in offense vs. self-preservation is noticable. So if you send them into a base, it might just stay deep inside taking all those hits from being surrounded.

Yes.

His tanks are insane as ever, apearantly they never needed the bunkers anyways.

His diamondbacks AND banshees now have 8 range that’s more than static defence. And honestly, just having 8 range on the already high dps and tanky banshees means they rip through everything.

His libs are less derpy and have better dps overall, and are cheaper. They basically just shred air units with impunity, even when in small numbers. However, if you fly over a group of ground units without any enemy air units nearby to go cloud mode on, your libs will vanish in the blink of an eye. So be careful.

Haven’t remembered to make queens yet, but I think with banshees they should be a bit busted if you use them right. Think about it, banshees have 8 range, outranging literally every ground to air unit except thors. Fungal immobilizes the units.

Conclusion is, his ground mech is situational, mostly really amazing on infested maps (mostly tanks for evac, mostly diamondbacks for DoN) and against very ground heavy Temple of the Past they could be good. But for the most part, sky stukov seems to be the best stukov.

Also, yes, sky stukov is still very gas heavy, and factory stukov is pretty gas heavy too. Don’t waste supply on bunkers. Turrets and rax marines make far better mineral dumps. Especially how marines cash in immediately, while your mech ball+turrets will ultimately dominate the late game anyways.
AA seems to rock SkyTerran for the most part I guess.

With 10 Liberators and 16 Queens I took out a 6 BC wave (including 2 Ravens) while all units were green (under Stetmann HUGS though, if that makes a big difference).

With 10 Liberators and 28 Queens I took out a 7 BC wave (including 4 Ravens) while half the Liberators were yellow and most of the Queens were heavily damage (2 losses: mostly due to Seeker Missile). Lesson learned: Pop Ravens first.

I separated the Liberators and led them in and then spammed Broodling all over the place. Wasn't much different than what I did before, except now you can target BC's and don't have to duke them out at the end. Also they seem to not use Yamato Cannon. Maybe the Liberators kept them busy? hmmm...
How many factories/starports are optimal for mech play?
05/23/2019 01:40 AMPosted by Alex

For air, I make 3 starports. That seems to let me spam the right units without worrying about larva. I'm sure you could get away with 2 but in case you don't know what you're gonna need and what Ally is doing/losing. Even though the units are Terranish...he's still Zerg so. And his calldowns are so versatile that you seem to be able to rely on them for a good part of the beginning at least.
You can use Infest Structure on Stettman's satellites (tiny floating drones he places everywhere).

Its a good way to delay enemy push or start spawning fodder right on top of enemies.

Queen ocular spell now gives a big line of sight improvement (and detection) for 3 minutes.
I use queens instead of overseers as stukov since the last patch, useful to also buff up allied army (for example tychus or garry or kerrigan love it).
05/22/2019 08:28 PMPosted by WireBender
Also, yes, sky stukov is still very gas heavy, and factory stukov is pretty gas heavy too. Don’t waste supply on bunkers. Turrets and rax marines make far better mineral dumps. Especially how marines cash in immediately, while your mech ball+turrets will ultimately dominate the late game anyways.
Well, you can now get 14 Infested Marines vs. 6 from bunkers, with a trickle Infested Trooper every 24 seconds. This is strictly from a mins comparison. Sounds akin to Zagara where you're better off making more Hatcheries for Larva spawn vs. her Queens
05/23/2019 01:40 AMPosted by Alex

1 is not quite enough, 2 is kinda excessive. I just make 2 right off the bat because I'm lazy.
Thank you all for your responses!
I found pure mech is hard to justify.

I always ended up going Bio Mech Hybrid. Upgrading my compound and Infested on top of my Diamond backs/tanks.

The gas reduction made a huge difference, allowing me to juggle all the upgrades while still hitting a large mech mass.

Deep tunneling your siege tanks as your compound spawn hits, before running through your diamond backs, melts REALLY WELL.

Also, stettmen's AOE heals allows for a much more aggressive mech play without losses/repair downtime.

And if I lost alot of mech, and is low on gas, I find bunkers still valid to sprinkle around.
I found pure mech is hard to justify.

I always ended up going Bio Mech Hybrid. Upgrading my compound and Infested on top of my Diamond backs/tanks.

The gas reduction made a huge difference, allowing me to juggle all the upgrades while still hitting a large mech mass.

Deep tunneling your siege tanks as your compound spawn hits, before running through your diamond backs, melts REALLY WELL.

Also, stettmen's AOE heals allows for a much more aggressive mech play without losses/repair downtime.

And if I lost alot of mech, and is low on gas, I find bunkers still valid to sprinkle around.
AFAIK, we were never meant to be able to use one "approach" with him, like just mechs, just air, just infested civvies, or just bunkers. More so you needed some combination, not unlike Karax where he has towers, units, and his Orbital Strikes, but it's a bit hard to rely on only just one of those. Ditto there, using a combo of them is the way to go.

Also, what's up with the bolded/highlighted portion? As that just some neat visual effect?