Get rid of Propogators mutation. Period.

Co-op Missions Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
It's bad design. It's not fun. It DEFINITELY doesn't belong in the random pool with some of the other stuff that can make it so much worse. Just delete it.
It's not that bad if you can plan for it. Just taking it out of Wheel of Misfortune should solve all the problems.
04/23/2019 08:22 PMPosted by Moraeth
It's not that bad if you can plan for it. Just taking it out of Wheel of Misfortune should solve all the problems.

It would solve a lot, but it's just a bad mutation overall. Takes away from every match. At the very least, they should nerf them to have to channel for 3s before it just deletes a unit--or more importantly, structure. Instant death is just too stupid.
Poopagators are fun alone but bad together.
Meanwhile I'm having fun with black death + missile command wiping out my mineral line.
04/23/2019 09:18 PMPosted by LilArrin
Meanwhile I'm having fun with black death + missile command wiping out my mineral line.

Ouch
04/23/2019 09:18 PMPosted by LilArrin

No scorched earth, not hardcore enough. ;P
The "Memorable Boss" is where the **** got real. I'm not a spectacular Sc2 player (melee/vs., nor Coop, nor in general), but not some raw noob either. At least I can still beat Mutations with Propogators on Normal with good focus and "average effort". "Mem Boss" OTOH.. I played a numerous games on Easy and just had to "tap out".

If nothing else, put a limit to the number of Props that can be on the screen at one time. After that limit, units and buildings are merely killed, not converted.
Getting cheesed is not "memorable" in the good way.
Just putting it out there (as old information) for those who don't already know. Wiping out the buildings removes Propagators from spawning. So if you are having trouble with this particular mutation, I'd take the time to kill all structures during the first 2 ships.
Propagators are one of the best-designed mutators in the game. They actually require you to react and strategize around them instead of just nerfing you for no reason or spanning hordes of units for you to mindlessly mow down.
04/24/2019 05:59 PMPosted by Centauri
Propagators are one of the best-designed mutators in the game. They actually require you to react and strategize around them instead of just nerfing you for no reason or spanning hordes of units for you to mindlessly mow down.

They really don't. They just make people F10 -> Quit. Not much strategerizing there...

No, they just give a constant chance of “oh it spawned from wrong building, insta lose”, and that’s assuming perfect micro while starring at you army literally every second, and that you make no melee and don’t play the wrong commander (Stu, zag).

Also, it makes defenseless buildings more potentially threatening than anything else in co-op, because each one you don’t immediately gun down from far away is a random chance of “lol u lose, no logical reason of course”.

We move unseen is a good mutator
Minesweeper is a good mutator
Void rifts even is a pretty good mutator if the map is set up for it right.
Propagators are a terrible idea, the only thing worse than Black Death.
Wheel of Misfortune is the worst mutator actually. Because you inevitably get the worst mutators imaginable.
Stukov + Propagaters = Total Disaster

But seriously, Propagaters are alright you just need to develop a strategy to deal with them, all commanders have solutions (but some doesn't)
Poopagators + Avenger, oh yes, Poopagators that move at the speed of zerglings.
04/24/2019 08:57 PMPosted by WireBender

No, they just give a constant chance of “oh it spawned from wrong building, insta lose”, and that’s assuming perfect micro while starring at you army literally every second, and that you make no melee and don’t play the wrong commander (Stu, zag).

Also, it makes defenseless buildings more potentially threatening than anything else in co-op, because each one you don’t immediately gun down from far away is a random chance of “lol u lose, no logical reason of course”.

We move unseen is a good mutator
Minesweeper is a good mutator
Void rifts even is a pretty good mutator if the map is set up for it right.
Propagators are a terrible idea, the only thing worse than Black Death.

Propagators are MUCH easier than Void Rifts. I just got Propagators twice yesterday and it was going well...until the 2nd one had Void Reanimators follow it. lol It's the fault of the Chaos Studios mutator, not the Propagators that's badly designed.

That said, barring crazy synergies, the Propagator mutator alone can be countered by various commanders, although most require some sort of attention. And it is simply not true that Propagators spawning from a building next to you will result in insta-loss. If you have a reasonably sized and and composed army, it will automatically DPS down a few propagators that manage to touch you. Don't forget that each duplication saves the original's HP.

In addition, some commanders can save an emergency calldown that can deal with a bad situation.
More than any single mutator, it is the combination of some of them (missile command + black death &/or fatal attraction; poopagators + darkness and you can add speedfreeks or we move unseen; etc) that make them not even fun.
Propogators + Polarity + Just Die ??
04/24/2019 10:23 PMPosted by GhostGiraffe
Stukov + Propagaters = Total Disaster

But seriously, Propagaters are alright you just need to develop a strategy to deal with them, all commanders have solutions (but some doesn't)

Well, if you're on top of it, Stukov might actually be one of the best anti-Propagator commanders. If I'm not mistaken, it turns into a ball when slimed by the Queen unit and is stunned. But to be safe, don't use any infantry that might feed them at the spawn sites. Just rally your marines to your army to feed your Tanks instead.