Thank you so much for Stetmann!

Co-op Missions Discussion
Though there are minor bugs with Stetmann, like asking for an upgrade for Gary before lvl 15, the major thing is that we finally got a commander with high skill requirements after Tychus (who builds 2,5 buildings and can win any non-mutator game with any set of outlaws) and Zeratul (no comments about his A-click and cannon spam).
Thank you Co-Op team, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.
Same, Stetmann is a much more engaging and rewarding commander to play. I was worried they were going to remain in the direction of simplified mechanics for casual gameplay (not that I have anything against players who enjoy them; it's simply not my preference), but this is a welcome change.
I agree. I've only played two games with him so far, but he feels really good. It actually takes some level of macro proficiency to play him well. You have to be mindful and manage things. You have to prepare for stuff. You have to build units. It's like an RTS again.

He's also more of a support commander than we've seen since Karax, which is very welcome. The last two commanders felt like they were designed for solo play. It's great having another commander that can offer his ally something besides occasional healing.
Definitely Stetman and his gamestyle are imo the right direction to where coop should go. I was truly disappointed about Tychus and Zeratul. I hope they keep this way for next commander.
Tychus/Zera/Dehaka was a way for casuals/new comers to join brutal/mutation games. -Wasn't a bad idea, just for experience players it took out all the decision makings.

Stetmann is similar to Swann, with his own uniqueness. Prob. most balanced commander to come out excluding the hype on infestors. Of course there is definitely still room for revamps when it comes around.
You will thank them after they fix the bugs and lag issues. Because we got the laggiest commander of all times, even Stukov feels shamed.
05/25/2019 01:42 AMPosted by Pluton
You will thank them after they fix the bugs and lag issues. Because we got the laggiest commander of all times, even Stukov feels shamed.

I can decide myself when to thank someone and when not. All bugs can never be fixed, just accept it. And my comp is not lagging when I play with infestors (I use up to 12 of them). Maybe if you fill you 200 supply with nothing but infestors, you can face these problems but nobody asked you to do it. And by the way, Stukov knows nothing about lags if you ever saw Kerrigan with 200 supply of lings or Zagara with over 600 banelings before her bug was fixed.
And my post wasn't about bugs, it was about the type of the commander. If I have to choose between Stetmann with tons of bugs and a bug-free Zeratul, I'll pick Stetmann anyday.
I agree, is that good, truly a joy to play and don’t even get me started on the amount of builds that are effective with him, plus the amazing units interactions that you can make happen or how much you can support your ally, it’s simply an amazing commander
I really like how they've implemented the 'support commander' concept with him. He can really help allies, but it's neither too easy/automatic (like Guardian Shell) or too skill-dependent (though his support kit has a high skill ceiling). I'd probably find it a little frustrating to have an ally who only used the FAST field and didn't spread Stetellites well, but I'd still appreciate faster reinforcement. Playing support myself I'd really enjoy managing Stetzones, Overcharge and Infestors.

Then on the other hand, his support kit doesn't feel offset by being too bad at pushing alone.

I'm also happy they've avoided top bar calldowns and nukes for once, as I much prefer working with what I build.
05/25/2019 03:29 AMPosted by Elyssaen
I really like how they've implemented the 'support commander' concept with him. He can really help allies, but it's neither too easy/automatic (like Guardian Shell) or too skill-dependent (though his support kit has a high skill ceiling). I'd probably find it a little frustrating to have an ally who only used the FAST field and didn't spread Stetellites well, but I'd still appreciate faster reinforcement. Playing support myself I'd really enjoy managing Stetzones, Overcharge and Infestors.

Then on the other hand, his support kit doesn't feel offset by being too bad at pushing alone.

I'm also happy they've avoided top bar calldowns and nukes for once, as I much prefer working with what I build.

I gotta say, I was wishing for some kind of calldown before i hit 15, just because the TP has such long cooldown and some maps are so big. Lost a few bases because i wasn't mobile enough. After masteries kicked in, it's no big deal. Just hit FAST and watch the lings hit the hybrid at mach 5