Who is next?

Co-op Missions Discussion
Gotta admit, I didn't expect Stettmann to be the next Commander. Most of you guys like him, which is great.

To be honest, I was expecting either Selendis or Tosh. This came as quite the curveball, because Gary is a great pitcher. Because he's got the best oil.

This may be premature, but who do you think will be the next commander?
Donnie Vermillion
05/25/2019 03:59 PMPosted by Alex
Donnie Vermillion

As long as he can fix me up with Nuke Noodles, I am in.
I agree that it could be either Tosh or Selendis. If not them; then Valerian (Dominion/Umojan) or my hope is Rohana (full Daelaam).
well, I see a lot of people that was expecting a Zerg commander, since the last one was more or less 2 years ago, and they was right, but nobody guessed (I think) who would be the Zerg commander, because... to be honest, Stetmann to be Zerg was unexpected.
I think next one will be Valerian, Selendis or Rohana, since they already have Umojan and Golden Age skins ready.
As of now, no Protoss commander has long term access to a mothership. Alarak as one as a calldown, but that doesn't count.

I vote Selendis with the Golden Fleet. Heroic mothership unit, full air composition.
Selendis with Mothership Core/Mothership, Adepts, Scouts, Warp Rays (Templar variant of Void Ray), etc. is what I'd want.
05/25/2019 05:37 PMPosted by Phlynch
As of now, no Protoss commander has long term access to a mothership. Alarak as one as a calldown, but that doesn't count.

I vote Selendis with the Golden Fleet. Heroic mothership unit, full air composition.

I also believe that Selendis will be the one with a permanent mothership. It practically screams Golden Armada. I am also going to guess she'll swarm the enemy with Carriers and Scouts, too.
What new mechanic or unique gimmick would Selendis get? Stetmann has the Stetelites and Egon-ergy. What could Selendis do that other Protoss Commanders can't? Having air focused wouldn't be enough.
05/25/2019 07:05 PMPosted by ZealousGamer
What new mechanic or unique gimmick would Selendis get? Stetmann has the Stetelites and Egon-ergy. What could Selendis do that other Protoss Commanders can't? Having air focused wouldn't be enough.

I'd say one single customizable mothership (you spend resources on adding modules to a mothership core)

They might use the Safe Haven mission for ideas. Selendis's mothership was invulnerable until the Nexi supporting it were destroyed and it was vaporizing wide swaths of enemy land buildings and units.

I once tried to oppose the mothership in that mission with ground forces. They lasted about 3 seconds.

So, they might build her character concept around the crazy powerful mothership with her other forces and buildings serving as support. Just a guess on my part, though.
The next one will probably be a terran : Valerian Mengsk or Gabriel Tosh are the most likely.
Then the next protoss will probably be Selendis, seeing as how popular she is.
For a Protoss I suspect and hope it will be Selendis. I've wanted Selendis since Co-op launched. Quite frankly, after all this time, if the next Protoss isn't Selendis I might scream.

For a Terran I think Valerian could be up, only because of all those Umojan skins just waiting to be put to use.
05/26/2019 02:06 AMPosted by Rifulesque
For a Protoss I suspect and hope it will be Selendis. I've wanted Selendis since Co-op launched. Quite frankly, after all this time, if the next Protoss isn't Selendis I might scream.

For a Terran I think Valerian could be up, only because of all those Umojan skins just waiting to be put to use.

To be honest I feel the same with Tosh. And as much as I love Valerian, I will be disapointed again if he is the commander instead of Tosh. I'll have to wait another year or more to hope to see him, that is irritating.
Tosh or Dr Hanson please.
Valerian, Selendis, Reigel, Tosh, Ariel...if Blizz is bold, maybe commander variants and old characters?
Still want to see a serious biowarfare Zerg, for some reason...
I only heard that one would be released at Blizzcon.
dr hanson does have commander data already and is therefore a possibility but, unlikely at this point.

How about a mix of sky and robo toss focused on heavy assault. Cleaver Reavers, speedy transports, dragoons with splash damage, sentries that create slowing fields similar to the mutation slowing fields, mother ships that can warp in scouts/phoenixes instead of a stargate making her motherships similar to Galleons but having the ability to defend itself better. Skytoss units would probably exclude the tempest and the carrier to make the mothership stand out more.

Mother ship cores would come from the nexus but require a cybernetics core and would auto morph on completion of a fleet beacon which would require at least 1 mother ship core.
I think we need Terry!.. Donnie is actually talking down to him. It's time to see what TERRY is made off!.