Will it be all Protoss GSL?

General Discussion
Casters asking real questions.
Let's hope so?
Was anyone expecting for either classic or hurricane to lose to a guy that came back from military and a tierb B zerg? Cry more
05/22/2019 06:05 AMPosted by Nevo
Was anyone expecting for either classic or hurricane to lose to a guy that came back from military and a tierb B zerg? Cry more

Nobody was expecting Classic to lose, nor Fantasy to make it through. But to say Ragnarok and Hurricane aren't normally on the same level is blatantly false. If anything, given how Ragnarok has played in the last 3-4 months I would have put him above Hurricane. That was the upset for me.

05/22/2019 06:03 AMPosted by LittleSmall
Let's hope so?

Let's not. I actually don't think that there would be anyone who would watch nothing but PvPs for the rest of the GSL. Pretty sure that the same thing happened in Super Tournament with only Gumiho making it through. Once his matches were done, people just turned the stream off. Mirror matches once in a while are fine. But mirror match after mirror match would tedious at best, and far from entertaining.
05/22/2019 06:12 AMPosted by Miro
But to say Ragnarok and Hurricane aren't normally on the same level is blatantly false. If anything, given how Ragnarok has played in the last 3-4 months I would have put him above Hurricane.

Ragnarok is good and it's great that he is beginning to get some results. But he came up against Hurricane in good form, in probably his best matchup. He is crushing Zergs at the moment (Rogue in super tournament, Solar and now Ragnarok in Code S).

a brood war legend? oh !@#$ off will ya
btw no its not a surprise,but show some respect calling fantasy "a guy"
Nobody was expecting Classic to lose, nor Fantasy to make it through. But to say Ragnarok and Hurricane aren't normally on the same level is blatantly false. If anything, given how Ragnarok has played in the last 3-4 months I would have put him above Hurricane. That was the upset for me.

I agree. Ragnarok has been playing really well lately but given the current situation I didn't think he would make it through.
05/22/2019 06:16 AMPosted by Cazdog
But to say Ragnarok and Hurricane aren't normally on the same level is blatantly false. If anything, given how Ragnarok has played in the last 3-4 months I would have put him above Hurricane.

Ragnarok is good and it's great that he is beginning to get some results. But he came up against Hurricane in good form, in probably his best matchup. He is crushing Zergs at the moment (Rogue in super tournament, Solar and now Ragnarok in Code S).

Yes, but which Protoss isn't strong against Zerg at the moment?
I expect 6 protosses, 2 zergs and 1 terran. Inno is really good now.
Let's not. I actually don't think that there would be anyone who would watch nothing but PvPs for the rest of the GSL. Pretty sure that the same thing happened in Super Tournament with only Gumiho making it through. Once his matches were done, people just turned the stream off. Mirror matches once in a while are fine. But mirror match after mirror match would tedious at best, and far from entertaining.

I don't, I was being ironic to respond the ironic thread
Guys
Guys
Guys
Guys
Guys
Guys...

I was here when the very talented Hurricane became a GSL playoff player!
05/22/2019 06:45 AMPosted by CinC
I expect 6 protosses, 2 zergs and 1 terran

the same but I want my boy Special to do it xD
I can see Special and Innovation making it through.
05/22/2019 07:23 AMPosted by thrasher
I expect 6 protosses, 2 zergs and 1 terran

the same but I want my boy Special to do it xD

special has a quite good chance to reach ro8 imo. his tvp is really good, which he allrdy has proven. so its possible for him to beat trap and hero.

in addition to that, impact isnt a serral, so he also could beat him too.
I expect 6 protosses, 2 zergs and 1 terran. Inno is really good now.

I don't know what to expect, but certainly not 9 players in the Ro8.

05/22/2019 06:03 AMPosted by LittleSmall
Let's hope so?

Ragnarok and Hurricane are both excellent players. Who knows how the first game would have ended if that Prism was not saved by a miracle?
Having the first win maybe Ragnarok would have opted for a different strategy the second game.......
All i want to say is that in a BO3 it could have ended both ways.
In a BO21 it is another matter (i don't know who would win still)......
I have faith that the remaining top Terrans and top Zergs left in this GSL will make it through and make this GSL more interesting.
Even if it is all protoss, do protoss have a non-zero chance of actually winning? History has told us that when it comes to korea, protoss are irrelevant as long as there is 1 terran in the tournament. I would be ecstatic for a non-terran code s winner, but let's be honest here, it's probably not going to happen.
05/22/2019 11:50 AMPosted by tEhbAtZ
Even if it is all protoss, do protoss have a non-zero chance of actually winning? History has told us that when it comes to korea, protoss are irrelevant as long as there is 1 terran in the tournament. I would be ecstatic for a non-terran code s winner, but let's be honest here, it's probably not going to happen.

Maybe we COULD have a non-terran winner this time, Maru is out so there is a tiny chance of that happening
Meh, toss will need to get lucky to win the finals. Easy to cheese out a BO3 like Hurricane did, but the best player usually wins a BO7 and Classic+Stats need to dodge Inno and soO.