Stetmann review

Co-op Missions Discussion
Satelites should be cloaked imho.

They abolutely should be but for a completely different reason than buffing them.

Alarak players (who use forward pylons for overcharge/warp-ins) might have noticed the co-op AI does absolutely insane and weird things if you litter the map with random structures. Attack waves go way out of their way to reach and attack lonely pylons in the far corner of the map and abandon their original, much more critical target.
What's worse often the wave then splits up into multiple smaller groups headed in different direction with some units even getting trapped for a while going back and forth between their original destination and their path to the remote structure.

Statelites trigger the exact same behaviour unlike creep tumors which are naturally cloaked.
For example, I just played Malwarfare and the attack waves which spawn in reaction to you triggering the first bonus objective completely ignore my forces in the area, beelined straight past me for some random Statelites in the middle of the map. After destroying it they found a new one and a new and on and on, never attacking my units a single time in the process.
05/24/2019 07:33 AMPosted by Sprite

1. Yes, Zerglings are a core front-line unit. The problem I find is just having enough gas to give them a large enough squad behind them. It REALLY depends upon if you have a Swann ally or not. If you have a Swann, then your minerals run out faster than your gas, otherwise the gas drains faster. ESPECIALLY if you go Corruptor/BattleCarrier Lords.

2. Yes. But they still die REALLY fast. 35 HP, 0 armor Zerglings are nothing to write home about. Change 35 to 50 and we'll see them be MUCH more effective. Zerglings don't get to be good until Lair tech + Shielding upgrade, which if you're going the Super Gary rush build, isn't going to pop out until after maybe 3... 4 minutes.

1. Do you early expand? Do you rush max economy? How many gas units do you lose to the 1st/2nd waves?

2. Really? I can solo a Thrasher with the same lings that break my rocks. I even tried leaving them in the Thrasher attack field to see what happens and they're back to full health really quick. And for attack waves just overcharge the stetellite so you'll get shielded lings.

1. Yes, Zerglings are a core front-line unit. The problem I find is just having enough gas to give them a large enough squad behind them. It REALLY depends upon if you have a Swann ally or not. If you have a Swann, then your minerals run out faster than your gas, otherwise the gas drains faster. ESPECIALLY if you go Corruptor/BattleCarrier Lords.

2. Yes. But they still die REALLY fast. 35 HP, 0 armor Zerglings are nothing to write home about. Change 35 to 50 and we'll see them be MUCH more effective. Zerglings don't get to be good until Lair tech + Shielding upgrade, which if you're going the Super Gary rush build, isn't going to pop out until after maybe 3... 4 minutes.

1. Do you early expand? Do you rush max economy? How many gas units do you lose to the 1st/2nd waves?

2. Really? I can solo a Thrasher with the same lings that break my rocks. I even tried leaving them in the Thrasher attack field to see what happens and they're back to full health really quick. And for attack waves just overcharge the satellite so you'll get shielded lings.

I am also struggling on his econ, even after reaching T2 and expand for quite awhile.

Nope. I am barely losing any units. Maybe a few lings.

The issue is that the speed field was supposed to improve his econ,
but in fact, due to worker pairing, that speed boost is pretty much useless on his econ except like the very first few workers.

He got no discounts on his units, and most of his units are just weak for their cost.

Of course I am only at lv12, so I could be wrong.
05/24/2019 08:07 AMPosted by Escadin
Satelites should be cloaked imho.

They abolutely should be but for a completely different reason than buffing them.

Alarak players (who use forward pylons for overcharge/warp-ins) might have noticed the co-op AI does absolutely insane and weird things if you litter the map with random structures. Attack waves go way out of their way to reach and attack lonely pylons in the far corner of the map and abandon their original, much more critical target.
What's worse often the wave then splits up into multiple smaller groups headed in different direction with some units even getting trapped for a while going back and forth between their original destination and their path to the remote structure.

Statelites trigger the exact same behaviour unlike creep tumors which are naturally cloaked.
For example, I just played Malwarfare and the attack waves which spawn in reaction to you triggering the first bonus objective completely ignore my forces in the area, beelined straight past me for some random Statelites in the middle of the map. After destroying it they found a new one and a new and on and on, never attacking my units a single time in the process.
To be honest this kinda sounds like a good thing. Bait attack waves with stetelites and they get stuck going back and forth attacking them as they respawn, giving you extra time to deal with other things before going after the attack.
05/24/2019 08:14 AMPosted by Caffeine

2. Really? I can solo a Thrasher with the same lings that break my rocks. I even tried leaving them in the Thrasher attack field to see what happens and they're back to full health really quick. And for attack waves just overcharge the stetellite so you'll get shielded lings.

1. Yes. Unless the expansion is contested, I will always go early expand. Otherwise, I wait for Gary and then push for it. During first wave or two I have no gas units, as I'm more worried on maxing out my economy for the game/teching into Hive. After 2nd wave, when I know what the comp is going to be, then I make my gas units. (Usually Ling/Hydra/X, where X is either Infestor or Corruptor.)

2. Because of how stupidly fragile 35 health Zerglings are, I've actually stopped making them to break the rocks. For around the same cost, I make a pair of Spine Crawlers and let them go to town on the rocks, then use Super Gary to deal with the attack waves until the objective is ready.
05/24/2019 10:45 AMPosted by Moraeth
To be honest this kinda sounds like a good thing. Bait attack waves with stetelites and they get stuck going back and forth attacking them as they respawn, giving you extra time to deal with other things before going after the attack.

Well it sounds funny but this is what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na65yYqgnoQ&feature=youtu.be

Doesn't seem too healthy for the game when ingenuously playing Stetmann breaks the AI :D
So is this a terran or zerg commander?
05/24/2019 12:04 PMPosted by NickHousen
So is this a terran or zerg commander?

Zerg according to Blizzard
05/24/2019 11:29 AMPosted by Escadin
Doesn't seem too healthy for the game when ingenuously playing Stetmann breaks the AI :D

Thats exactly what im waiting for, Sat-elite placement guide to break AI ^ ^

It worked wonders for this brutation too. Waves slows down to track satelites o.o
05/23/2019 06:46 AMPosted by Noobsaurus
05/23/2019 06:30 AMPosted by ViS
I'm not sure how you can say he has no siege options when festors are the strongest siege unit in the game currently.

They are capable of pushing into some type of areas, but are nearly useless as they provide no AA and they are not that great when pushing into areas on Cradle. Compared to Dehakas guardians or swarm host, they are weak imo. Just my opinion

Didn't I literally show you a replay of me clearing the LAST base on CoD with nothing but infestors without even needing a truck?

EDIT: Here it is again for anyone else who wants to see the chicanery.

https://drop.sc/replay/10709736
05/24/2019 11:26 AMPosted by Sprite
1. Yes. Unless the expansion is contested, I will always go early expand. Otherwise, I wait for Gary and then push for it. During first wave or two I have no gas units, as I'm more worried on maxing out my economy for the game/teching into Hive. After 2nd wave, when I know what the comp is going to be, then I make my gas units. (Usually Ling/Hydra/X, where X is either Infestor or Corruptor.)

Yeah, that's probably the best way currently as Gary's orbs can mostly wipe out early waves.

2. Because of how stupidly fragile 35 health Zerglings are, I've actually stopped making them to break the rocks. For around the same cost, I make a pair of Spine Crawlers and let them go to town on the rocks, then use Super Gary to deal with the attack waves until the objective is ready.

I think this is a problem I mentioned before with Stetzones. If the lings are in a green zone with Gary overcharging they'll only die to harder hitting units, they're quite tanky for such cheap units. BUT, and this is a big one, you have to expand slowly to mostly keep his units within Stetzones. So I don't think the problem is the lings themselves, but rather the annoying zone management.

Also, low health is a much smaller issue with the ling upgrades as their tankiness and dps increases a lot with the pool upgrades.

P.S. I'm not quite 15 yet, so actually Super Gary may change some of what I've mentioned.
05/24/2019 02:50 PMPosted by Caffeine

Yeah, that's probably the best way currently as Gary's orbs can mostly wipe out early waves.

I think this is a problem I mentioned before with Stetzones. If the lings are in a green zone with Gary overcharging they'll only die to harder hitting units, they're quite tanky for such cheap units. BUT, and this is a big one, you have to expand slowly to mostly keep his units within Stetzones. So I don't think the problem is the lings themselves, but rather the annoying zone management.

Also, low health is a much smaller issue with the ling upgrades as their tankiness and dps increases a lot with the pool upgrades.

P.S. I'm not quite 15 yet, so actually Super Gary may change some of what I've mentioned.

Gary actually changes A LOT of your gameplay. Having a tankier Gary with access to charge-based abilities is HUGE, especially when you stack on the ability cooldown mastery.
I would like to see Gary have the calldown stetellites skill as well as on his calldown bar. with Gary i can change the stetellites hot key to whatever i like.
He feels really weak, slow, and his units are too expensive for what they do.

It's like playing a gimped Kerrigan.
05/24/2019 05:08 PMPosted by Dereck

Until you hit 15, you're HEAVILY gimped on power. Like, so much so that it feels like you're running a marathon with an arrow in both of your achilles' tendons. After 15, you're actually pretty alright. Just need to find the right unit compositions.
Inless Stetmen is like level 10+ I Feel like the other player is 100% Soloing the game, And it sucks if that other player is someone who starts off slow, Kinda Blows / Hate the Hero in terms of level up Just something I Kinda refuse to do I Refuse to play with a Stetman less then level 10, And even then i wont do it at times coz I Play coop to Coop not to solo and carry the other guy, And however once he dos hit that prestige and such its fine I dont mind the guy what so ever realy
I too have trouble finding my way with Stetmann but he cannot be that weak.

Right off the bat you start with ultras, corruptors and infestors which all can spam a seriously powerful ability with next to no cooldown and insane energy regeneration.
There is more area damage and abuse in this ability spam than a number of commanders can even muster at level 15. Imagine Nova without a charge limit for her units. There is definitely no lack of offensive power here.

The problem is without all upgrades you're constantly forced to fight off creep where you have no unit retention whatsoever so you'll constantly bleed gas. On top, Stetmann has no counters to spellcasters so you just take every single spell to the face. No surprise it's hard to keep your bots on the map.
05/25/2019 03:52 AMPosted by Escadin
I too have trouble finding my way with Stetmann but he cannot be that weak.

Right off the bat you start with ultras, corruptors and infestors which all can spam a seriously powerful ability with next to no cooldown and insane energy regeneration.
There is more area damage and abuse in this ability spam than a number of commanders can even muster at level 15. Imagine Nova without a charge limit for her units. There is definitely no lack of offensive power here.

The problem is without all upgrades you're constantly forced to fight off creep where you have no unit retention whatsoever so you'll constantly bleed gas. On top, Stetmann has no counters to spellcasters so you just take every single spell to the face. No surprise it's hard to keep your bots on the map.

His Corruptors are STUPID powerful once you research the rocket upgrade. Like, holy heck. A small handful of them can just obliterate anything sky-based.
His ultras aren't anything to write home about though. They don't do much. Lings just do their job but better.
Infestors though. Hoo wee. Their healing is really bad, as it's just a death sentence for them, but the Roach/Ravager spawn spammer, good golly. That thing just puts in work. That thing needs to have a 100/125 energy cost to make it less spammable.
05/25/2019 07:46 AMPosted by Sprite
His ultras aren't anything to write home about though. They don't do much. Lings just do their job but better.

They do a great job on mutations where lings would otherwise be too squishy. Their burrow attack is also really good for quick killing waves.
05/24/2019 05:08 PMPosted by Dereck

So, I worried about that too, but hitting 15 has changed a lot. I still feel there's more skill required than say with Dehaka to massively beat my ally on kills. Still I can carry with him and on some mutas he's going to be great.

I'm still looking for his best energy synergies with other commanders. Artanis templar is an obvious one. Any other good combos you've tried?