Please give Lt. Nikara an offense skill

Co-op Missions Discussion
Hi there,

I am a big medic fan and I love Tychus's merc healer Lt. Nikara though most people think she sucks.

I was hoping to suggest that she get an additional ability to help in some way in offense, which would make her stack a bit better against Rattlesnake, whom most people prefer because he has attack speed boost and a natural attack.

In SC1: Brood Wars, Medics have a grenade which blinds enemies, reducing their offensive ability. This would help against major enemies like Void Thrashers. Or, give her a Spotter ability which tags a target enemy unit with a tiny red dot, (like nuclear launch in SC1) and this increases Tychus's team's damage to that enemy by a significant percentage. Regardless of what she gets, let her heal even if the secondary ability is activated,

This is probably not a priority because Tychus is old news by now. But, it would be nice to see the medic get some luff.
At least some minor attack with low dmg so she can actually keep her distance instead of running straight into the enemies. They did this for Adepts, for us F2A players :)
Y'know, giving her a standard attack that does little damage but debuffs say enemy damage would go a long way to making her a more valid choice. Cause yeah, no one likes nerfs but the medivacs and Rattlesnake trump her abilities pretty harshly.

Just so long as her targeting range isn't too high, wouldn't want her to get lost like before.
05/28/2019 11:40 PMPosted by Serenicus
I am a big medic fan and I love Tychus's merc healer Lt. Nikara though most people think she sucks.

I think you're confusing "sucks" with redundant on non-mutas if you've got decent micro skills. You're far better off killing the enemy quicker, so I often open with Sirius. On some mutas she's really useful.

I worry that if she had a strong enough attack she'd become mandatory, so I agree about the weak attack or ability to help F2A.
No
She does need to be improved compared to Rattlesnake. I'd say make her x2 speed healing beam innate, and give her something like +8 armor to all units being healed by any of her effects.
No damage please .. just a stun gun or a weakness analyzer .. like the havoc
05/29/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Krikkitone
She does need to be improved compared to Rattlesnake. I'd say make her x2 speed healing beam innate, and give her something like +8 armor to all units being healed by any of her effects.

Give her an irradiate cloud upgrade instead of the 2x heal speed, which should be by default. When she's healing a target any biological units within, say, 3 range take some damage.
I have doubts because Rattlesnake is named after Kev for a reason. Don’t get me wrong, if I were Monk I’d make a more favourable outlaw after me too lol.

I’d say if we were to change Nikara then the most needed aspect is to give her some ability to take down buildings quickly. In general, Tychus lack base push speed - using Odin is the most effective, Sirius’s turrets, Sam’s charge, and just plain ol’ Tychus. These are his best options and they work... but just not to the same speed of “army mow down a base” (exemplified best on Launch and Mist).

Give Nikara an ability to buff damage versus structure (with that group heal, forgot name). This gives a reason to 1) use that more often, and 2) help base/structure/objective push with other outlaws.
I agree that she should have an autoattack to don't go suicidal when not healing, something like that she cannot attack while healing someone so she won't waste time attacking when her healing is needed.
For her ultimate i find it useless, Tychus army is immortal already by itself, why in the hell should they need a shield? Replace it with a dps boost or a Very powerful AoE Debuff
05/29/2019 08:37 AMPosted by DefilerRulez
I agree that she should have an autoattack to don't go suicidal when not healing, something like that she cannot attack while healing someone so she won't waste time attacking when her healing is needed.
For her ultimate i find it useless, Tychus army is immortal already by itself, why in the hell should they need a shield? Replace it with a dps boost or a Very powerful AoE Debuff

I could see that
Ultimate: Units being healed by Nikara have irradiation (nearby enemy bio units take damage)
Shield: moved to the x2 healing speed spot
x2 healing: innate
05/29/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Krikkitone

I would say that won't help. Her healing is way too much now, more armor is just like adding water to an overflowing glass. What Nikara needs now is more DPS to compete with Rattlesnake, either DPS for herself or damage buff for allies.
05/29/2019 03:03 AMPosted by Caffeine
05/28/2019 11:40 PMPosted by Serenicus

I think you're confusing "sucks" with redundant on non-mutas if you've got decent micro skills. You're far better off killing the enemy quicker, so I often open with Sirius. On some mutas she's really useful.

I worry that if she had a strong enough attack she'd become mandatory, so I agree about the weak attack or ability to help F2A.

I hope this doesn't sound dumb but... what does F2A stand for? X_x
05/29/2019 12:01 PMPosted by Serenicus
05/29/2019 03:03 AMPosted by Caffeine

No prob, not everyone knows the acronyms. F2 is the default all-army key and A is for attack. So that's kinda become a short for the practice of all-army attacking rather than control groups, splitting, etc. Nothing inherently wrong with it since many people just like to have fun that way.
I could be fun to give her burst heal a stim pack effect for ally attack and movement speed.

It'd solve the damage deficiency and make her a little more interesting to use.
05/29/2019 12:35 PMPosted by Caffeine
05/29/2019 12:01 PMPosted by Serenicus

No prob, not everyone knows the acronyms. F2 is the default all-army key and A is for attack. So that's kinda become a short for the practice of all-army attacking rather than control groups, splitting, etc. Nothing inherently wrong with it since many people just like to have fun that way.

Thank you very much!
05/29/2019 12:36 PMPosted by Galgus
I could be fun to give her burst heal a stim pack effect for ally attack and movement speed.

She already is really powerful for particular situations. If you make her more powerful then the team could become unbalanced. The only problem I see with Nikara (other than maybe some pathing problems) is that she's annoying for F2A players because she runs into the enemy. People who use her on non-mutas, especially right at the start, really should read the guide on how to play Tychus: https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/545601-co-op-commander-guide-tychus
05/29/2019 12:55 PMPosted by Caffeine
05/29/2019 12:36 PMPosted by Galgus

She already is really powerful for particular situations. If you make her more powerful then the team could become unbalanced. The only problem I see with Nikara (other than maybe some pathing problems) is that she's annoying for F2A players because she runs into the enemy. People who use her on non-mutas, especially right at the start, really should read the guide on how to play Tychus: https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/545601-co-op-commander-guide-tychus
The guide that's been out for... less than a day. But it is full of good info and worth a read.

The pathing issues with her are apparently common to all medics and similar units with no auto-attack. Just more noticeable with her because she takes up more screen space and you've only got up to 5 combat units to notice as Tychus anyway.