d. templar should be able to have shadow fury

General Discussion
maybe if you have researched shadow stride, it would let you research another thing to give you shadow fury ability. It would be cool and I would love to see it in player vs player matches instead of just campaign.
As a huge Dark Templar fan who greatly enjoys the shadow fury ability, I can say with complete confidence that this would be completely broken. Shadow Fury is absurdly cost effective, and large numbers of DTs will just annihilate anything on the ground.
well just give it a 10 minute research time or something
I would love it but Dr. Templar has few chances to see it on ladder. Presently Dr. Templars are trying to get a Master on Surgery (Throat-Surgery at that).
05/24/2019 11:54 AMPosted by Gooba
I would love it but Dr. Templar has few chances to see it on ladder. Presently Dr. Templars are trying to get a Master on Surgery (Throat-Surgery at that).

05/24/2019 11:52 AMPosted by Kelthar
As a huge Dark Templar fan who greatly enjoys the shadow fury ability, I can say with complete confidence that this would be completely broken. Shadow Fury is absurdly cost effective, and large numbers of DTs will just annihilate anything on the ground.

So what changes do you think the DT should get to be more viable outside of cheese builds?.
Sure why not?
05/24/2019 12:00 PMPosted by MyOhMind
So what changes do you think the DT should get to be more viable outside of cheese builds?.

I don't know that that's possible without making them broken as part of cheese. There would need to be a host of changes to accommodate that, probably to static defenses so that a couple DTs in the mineral line didn't automatically require the full army to come back and deal with them.
There is nothing you can do with DT without making them broken. Like in the Lurker issue it is a matter of counters.
05/24/2019 12:14 PMPosted by Kelthar
05/24/2019 12:00 PMPosted by MyOhMind

I don't know that that's possible without making them broken as part of cheese

I managed to pull it off in my Better Game Balance mod, how I did that was by making it very good at killing a specific attribute tag that only a few units have(it's not massive). The cheese power remains the same but now DT's have a useful micro rewarding role of assassinating important ground units which also partners very well with shadow stride.

Doing some more testing before I publish it, can't wait to reveal all the changes to the races and get everyone playing the Mod and also I really want the balance team to implement the changes since the gameplay they have created so far is incredible from the M-GM playtests I have watched over the past several months of development.
05/24/2019 12:39 PMPosted by Gooba
There is nothing you can do with DT without making them broken. Like in the Lurker issue it is a matter of counters.

Not true at all, I have successfully changed both of those units without making them broken in my mod.

DT's now have a great role that fits the design they have and Lurkers are very useful in ZvT against different comps, and they even can help in PvZ more against certain all-ins.
How about whirlwind zealot with guardian shell, raptor zergling that ignore armor and elite marines coming from drop pod directly behind your mineral line?
05/24/2019 01:54 PMPosted by jedi
How about whirlwind zealot with guardian shell, raptor zergling that ignore armor and elite marines coming from drop pod directly behind your mineral line?

I guess an intensive testing (for balance reasons) would be needed in order to insert one new ability for each race.
Sure make it a research in the dark shrine that requires 7000/7000 and takes 5-6 minutes to complete and i would have no problem adding this. (If you can afford to spend that much on an upgrade you have already won)
05/24/2019 01:54 PMPosted by jedi

Why marines when you have battlecruisers?

Kappa