Unit's walking past your army.

Co-op Missions Discussion
I know this is a minor issue in relation to the bugs regarding the Stetmann release but I noticed his infestors do the same thing I'll the medic units from Terran;
Raynor - Medic
Thycus - Lt Layna
Stetmann - Infestor

I feel like I'm missing one or two I'm not sure, but I've lost count when you a click your army as we all do, and your medic's run out and past you main army after a stim or before a fight for eg.
I feel blizz needs to sort something to prevent your units from just mindlessly running into death.
For Ly Latna, easily they can just give her a attack like Morales in HoTS.
It could just be the underlying A.I I don't know.

I'm aware I should pay more attention to my units etc etc but when I a click. I don't want them to do this, I know detectors do this and Oracles but Orcacles have a toggle attack to them.

I was only wondering if anyone else noticed this and what they did to get around it.
05/25/2019 11:18 AMPosted by Battledroid
I feel blizz needs to sort something to prevent your units from just mindlessly running into death.

And here we go again. YOU send YOUR units to death and BLIZZARD needs to prevent this...
They already did it. They provided you with ability to put units to control groups. Keep all of your infestors in one of them. Next time you F2 A-click, choose the control group with infestors and keep them behind your army. It required 2 more clicks, not too complicated.
To be fair Blizzard added auto attack to templar because of this. So of course people ask for other units as well.
I agree about templars but it still pays to micro them separately if you don't want to lose them to snipe, get them EMPd or just auto-attacked by enemy.
Absolutely same thing with infestors - if you add them autoattack (weak, obviously) they will just draw more fire unless you learn to keep them behind your army. I described an easy way to do this. Besides, with Stetmann it makes even more sense because sometimes you can't provide Egonergy during assault (Gary's field is on cooldown), and you need to keep them not just behind, but within a power zone of a stetellite so they can regenerate energy and provide more roaches to push forward.
Also, one more small tip - keep them burrowed. It slightly decreases their movement speed and helps with keeping them alive. They can still cast all their abilities from underground.
For Tychus the design was for one control group, but they erred & forgotten they need attack for the medic as well.

So they should fix that one during revamp

The get-around, is set medics/observors to another group & set follow on tank (Right Click unit with full group). Taking out F2 & using Group 1(Preset DPS/Tank units with Ctrl-1/Shift-1 to add) as your A-Move attack key.
05/25/2019 01:03 PMPosted by SeaEmperor
For Tychus the design was for one control group, but they erred & forgotten they need attack for the medic as well.

So they should fix that one during revamp

One control group has never meant no individual unit micro. You're expected to have your Raynor or ladder marines on one control group, but you still need to split and dodge spells.
1 -3 Group is enough for coop, more micro /= more fun. Like watching PvP replays, but don't like to do it myself ^ ^
05/25/2019 01:03 PMPosted by SeaEmperor

They originally did have a fix for Nikara, they made it so she'd basically stop moving and stare at the enemy from a certain range. Problem is it caused lots of issues where she'd get let behind because she'd stare at something the rest of the team missed.

Lots of complaints about it at the time, they removed it, but now instead she charges in if you aren't careful.
here is my trick if I am in a Lazy A move mood...

set all the hatcheries to rally to Garry, then you can micro Garry, all the units wont run ahead, cause they are following Garry... when you need to control infestors, then you can F2/Tab to em.

works for most commanders who have a hardy hero unit.
I would really like it if we could customize which units are affected by the "Select all military units" hotkey.

For example i never want ravens or observers or overseers to be part of the "all military units" hotkey.
05/25/2019 04:41 PMPosted by Stratos
I would really like it if we could customize which units are affected by the "Select all military units" hotkey.

For example i never want ravens or observers or overseers to be part of the "all military units" hotkey.

At that point you may as well get used to using control groups