GSL Code S Season 2 Group 3

General Discussion
Great job, Special! He delivered an impact that Impact couldn't recover from!
...can't say I am a fan of that 3 Rax rush, but at least Special went through. Now I hope he beats Hero.
Special vs Hero, who wins? My guess, if it gets to a late-game situation, Special beats Hero because all Hero is really capabl of doing is cheesing/2 base timings. Historically speaking, any time it's gone into a macro game Hero has lost unless he's been so far ahead that it was a basically unloseable lead.
Special is my new HerO!!!!
Not a fan of this next map. Hopefully special takes it.
Mules tho... nothing to see here just mule carried, they should fix mules so they don't give additionnal income like they do in late game.
How on earth you don;t make splash??? No Liberator no Tank or BC or w/e lategame unit? mmm 24/7

Could had won centuries ago
Spent to long on reaper micro. Got smashed by pheonix.
Oh well...HerO beat Special with a bunch of Phoenixes. Special shouldn't have proxied.
Okay...that makes it 5 Protoss in the Ro8...
05/29/2019 05:31 AMPosted by AdMech

And how is that a problem lol?
Anything that looks imba?
Double Protoss advances to round of 8.
I am not surprised.
Well that sucks. would have been nice to have special in the Ro8.
Protoss seems so weak right now tbh
05/29/2019 05:32 AMPosted by Nevo
05/29/2019 05:31 AMPosted by AdMech

Never said it was a problem, nor did I say it was imbalanced. Just a little disappointed because I was hoping for more variety of matches, not just PvP.

Unless both Dark and Innovation win, it's likely that we'll have 2 or 3 PvP in the Ro8. 1 PvZ.
05/29/2019 03:12 AMPosted by Platys
Protoss already won LUL

Heeeeelp, Protoss Observers are spreading Chemtrails......

These matches themselves did not show much. But the fact that most of the terran/zerg players are like "My best shot is to do some silly allin vs protoss" is... interesting.
05/29/2019 05:57 AMPosted by CinC

These matches themselves did not show much. But the fact that most of the terran/zerg players are like "My best shot is to do some silly allin vs protoss" is... interesting.

Urgent Announcement from Aiur:

En Taro Tassadar our underdeveloped terran/zerg little-frends.
In order to help the bugs and oriffice-using for communication terrans the Conclave accepted to send one of the best Strategist in the Protoss-arsenal.......the Mind of Aiur, the Dark-Genius of Shakuras....the only and the irreplacable..........SoS as teacher and mentor!
He will travel to the two-hell-holes where the terrans and bugs reside and teach them the Art of War........

Fast-forward 2400 Years: Sun SoS Tzu is still a required-reading in the Planet Earth.
05/29/2019 05:14 AMPosted by Nevo
How on earth you don;t make splash??? No Liberator no Tank or BC or w/e lategame unit? mmm 24/7

Could had won centuries ago

The ability to make literally any unit comp is reserved for terran only.

05/29/2019 05:57 AMPosted by CinC

It means they knew they were outclassed. Generally when you are the better player you want to play defensive macro games because it minimizes the odds that you are caught off guard by a surprise and going into macro games it gives you a lot of opportunities to express your Superior skill. Cheesing on the other hand is done when the other player is better and over a longer game that skill will collectively add up into a win no matter what because the outcone is an average of many maneuvers. The idea is that you boil the game down to a single manuever, aka one big gamble, and when the game is entirely a Gamble it minimizes the effect that still has on the outcome which in turn negates the fact that they are higher-skilled.

Look at it this way. Let's say we have a coin where Heads has a 25% chance landing and Tails has a 75% chance. If you only flip the coin once then the odds are exactly 25/75. But let's imagine that we instead flipped it ten times and took the average. There would have close to a 99% chance of having more tails than heads and that's how it works with starcraft.

Each maneuver has a probability of success and with a higher-skilled individual the probability of success is higher. Each time a maneuver is made its like flipping that coin and the average of all the Maneuvers is what decides the outcome of the game. Over the average of a large number of Maneuvers a higher-skilled player will on average have more success on those maneuvers. That's how the math works. Players circumvent this by trying to only flip the coin once, AKA to cheese, because over the average of a large number of Maneuvers they will fall behind.
And that explain why a cheese (with each of the races more or less) can propel one on Masters and even a little higher. When those people (that have an inflated MMR now) try the classic macro game they go on long loosing streaks.