GSL LIVE NOW

General Discussion
Youtube stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3eyPtumWMs

Twitch stream:
https://www.twitch.tv/gsl

Brackets:
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/2019_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_2/Code_S

Players are Hurricane, Classic, Ragnarok, Fantasy.
My prediction to get through is Classic and Ragnarok.

Classic is almost a shoe-in, Ragnarok has been playing really well.

Fantasy will probably go out first, though i'm glad to see him making it to the Ro16 after having done his military service!
Group A getting PROTOSSED

edit: I went to the kitchen to get some coffee and Classic vs Hurricane is over, even Hurricane got PROTOSSED
Thank you for the links!
Hurricane vs Ragnarok. This should be interesting.

Edit: And the moment I say this, the series ends in less than 15 minutes.
05/22/2019 05:52 AMPosted by JeiNex
05/22/2019 05:49 AMPosted by Miro
Hurricane vs Ragnarok. This should be interesting.

too bad it wasn't, rip.

Yeah, turned out to be disappointing.
PROTOSSED
This meta sucks

not sure what happened in the last 2~3 months to the quality of games go down that much
05/22/2019 05:55 AMPosted by LittleSmall
This meta sucks

not sure what happened in the last 2~3 months to the quality of games go down that much
During the last 6-7 months I wasn't able to play/watch streams, so I barely played, and now that I'm playing a bit more and watching streams what I'm seeing is that toss is pretty strong now and there is too much 2 base gameplay and proxies.
This meta sucks

I've never seen such a volatile and un-established meta (and I've been here since WoL).

I missed the last series tonight, but overall I've found this season to be pretty entertaining. Ragnarok gave Classic a good scare, Fantasy just didn't look like a RO8 player. Looking forward to more upsets.
05/22/2019 06:08 AMPosted by Cazdog
This meta sucks

I've never seen such a volatile and un-established meta (and I've been here since WoL).

I missed the last series tonight, but overall I've found this season to be pretty entertaining. Ragnarok gave Classic a good scare, Fantasy just didn't look like a RO8 player. Looking forward to more upsets.

The entirety of the Ro32 was 2 base shenenigans vs 2 base shenenigans on 6~7 minutes games, it hurted my eyes watching

that coming after 2018 which was mostly macro games is depressing, that's why I asked what happened in this period? nydus buff? don't remember for sure, there were a lot of balance patches recently
05/22/2019 06:07 AMPosted by LoliLover
This meta sucks

During the last 6-7 months I wasn't able to play/watch streams, so I barely played, and now that I'm playing a bit more and watching streams what I'm seeing is that toss is pretty strong now and there is too much 2 base gameplay and proxies.

Considering that during this 6-7 months we have seen severe protoss nerffs and several terran buffs, one has to conclude that it is not that the meta sucks but the ability of terrans to use their tools to the optimum potential.
If you put on one side 1000 people with sticks and on the other side 1000 monkeys with heavy machine-guns and Nukes the conflict will end with the monkeys still being slaughtered.......

All MoronTeam can do is to nerff Protoss over and over, but the effect won't last more than 4-6 weeks.
Unfortunately they can't nerff protoss-players. Unless they can force Protoss to play against Terrans while on the same time solving Differential-Equations and memorizing the Yellow-Pages.
05/22/2019 09:09 AMPosted by Gooba
<span class="truncated">...</span>During the last 6-7 months I wasn't able to play/watch streams, so I barely played, and now that I'm playing a bit more and watching streams what I'm seeing is that toss is pretty strong now and there is too much 2 base gameplay and proxies.

Considering that during this 6-7 months we have seen severe protoss nerffs and several terran buffs, one has to conclude that it is not that the meta sucks but the ability of terrans to use their tools to the optimum potential.
If you put on one side 1000 people with sticks and on the other side 1000 monkeys with heavy machine-guns and Nukes the conflict will end with the monkeys still being slaughtered.......

All MoronTeam can do is to nerff Protoss over and over, but the effect won't last more than 4-6 weeks.
Unfortunately they can't nerff protoss-players. Unless they can force Protoss to play against Terrans while on the same time solving Differential-Equations and memorizing the Yellow-Pages.

Yea I think it is pretty obvious. Protoss players are all just better than everyone else and no amount of nerfs will get them on equal terms.

I mean it starts with the race selections already. Why would you not choose a race that you can play with your finger up your !@#$. Anybody that doesn't select it is just stupid and obvious morons.
Than how you explain the pesky-fact that today PvT is still 50% after the protoss nerffs? Please don't use the puerile argument that before the nerff the Protoss was Uber-OP, still before the nerff the winrates were still near 50%.
If you hammer a race with nerffs day in and day out and the said race manages to stay afloat than the explanation should be researched to the mentality and adaptability of the player-base of that race......

Take Korean/Vietnamese and Arabs in general. How do you explained that the Arabs with the same Soviet-armament were soundly defeated several times and the Korean/Vietnamese folk kicked the USA a.r.s.e soundly.......twice?
They used the same USSR armaments.........
05/22/2019 10:00 AMPosted by Gooba
Than how you explain the pesky-fact that today PvT is still 50% after the protoss nerffs? Please don't use the puerile argument that before the nerff the Protoss was Uber-OP, still before the nerff the winrates were still near 50%.
You know, even during the gglords and winfestor era the winrates were pretty decent.Even when protoss was on a good state and terran pulled the boys game after game, the winrates were also ok...Yo should look more at the gameplay/builds used on the games instead of just looking at the winrates. The players should be able to do several things to achieve the victory, not just all in/push before mid game or lose because there is no way to play safe/macro in pvt without being destroyed by protoss eco and tier 3 during late.
05/22/2019 10:08 AMPosted by LoliLover
You know, even during the gglords and winfestor era the winrates were pretty decent.Even when protoss was on a good state and terran pulled the boys game after game, the winrates were also ok...Yo should look more at the gameplay/builds used on the games instead of just looking at the winrates. The players should be able to do several things to achieve the victory, not just all in/push before mid game or lose because there is no way to play safe/macro in pvt without being destroyed by protoss eco and tier 3 during late.

I agree with you, that's why i think that the best thing (BW-style) to do is to freeze the game and not damage it further.
A very positive side-effect would be the total-suffocation of whine.
Whine exists because it pays. If there were no one to pander to our whine then that will stop.
It's like the Mob and Protection-Racket: if all shopkeepers would refuse to pay than the Protection-Racket will fail.

Legend:
a) Shopkeepers ==== MoronTeam
b) Protection-Racket ======TCF.
If you hammer a race with nerffs day in and day out and the said race manages to stay afloat than the explanation should be researched to the mentality and adaptability of the player-base of that race......

Take Korean/Vietnamese and Arabs in general. How do you explained that the Arabs with the same Soviet-armament were soundly defeated several times and the Korean/Vietnamese folk kicked the USA a.r.s.e soundly.......twice?

By superior protoss players of course! I mean there is no other explanation.

And since everybody in this world are exactly the same and everybody only plays to win it would make sense that the smarter people will choose the race that they can win with the easiest!

And since everybody in this world are exactly the same and everybody only plays to win it would make sense that the smarter people will choose the race that they can with the easiest!

LOL, you mix-up (that 50% has nothing to do with Maru's and Serrals) the 99.99% of the player-base with......0.001% that are the Pro-Players.......
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And since everybody in this world are exactly the same and everybody only plays to win it would make sense that the smarter people will choose the race that they can with the easiest!

LOL, you mix-up (that 50% has nothing to do with Maru's and Serrals) the 99.99% of the player-base with......0.001% that are the Pro-Players.......

You mean Maru and Serral chose Terran and Zerg because they are easier to win with but protoss players are just smarter in general because smarter people likes bigger slow moving units? Or do smarter people just like gold units?