I firmly think Zerg isn't next commander.

Co-op Missions Discussion
05/26/2019 11:50 AMPosted by Daegoth
Wrong. You didn't understand and just cherrypicked a few sentences. Go back to read everything again and you will eventually (I guess) understand. I'm not going to repeat all I stated.

OK I'm gonna clarify this as much as possible because my points keep flying over your head.

The UI doesn't mean anything, stop using it as proof, you have a clear case of both Stetmann and Stukov having Zerg victory screen but you claim they're different races.

No single dev has ever confirmed Stukov as 100% Zerg, he's an infested Terran, he's half and half. In fact, the devs have intentionally stayed out of this discussion just so they don't have to deal with people like you.

To sum it up, he's neither Terran nor Zerg, stop taking random bits and presenting them as proof of your ideas. You're contradicting yourself by claiming devs know best so they gave Stukov the Zerg victory screen but now those same devs are wrong when they gave Stetmann the same victory screen because you see him as Terran?
Seriously, can we put an end to this retarded debate once and for all ? Is it that important to know if Stukov is Zerg or Terran ? Does it change his playstyle, his units, his character ? Can we say the same things about Stetmann ?
It's been 3 years since Stukov release, maybe it's time to stop polluting the forum. You can have your opinion about their races, but no one here cares, the developpers neither.
05/26/2019 12:09 PMPosted by Ramack
Is it that important to know if Stukov is Zerg or Terran ?

I couldn't care less, my original statement was made as a joke, then a certain someone walked in and tried to present wrong facts as truth PERIOD.
Stukov AND Stetmann are Zerg commanders, Stukov is even Zerg as a character, for Stetmann, he could be considered a Simulant cyborg, since he now have that device in the head, so MAYBE he is now considerable a Zerg, but this is merly my speculation for now, can be right or can be wrong. But again this is about THE CHARACTER, his army is composed totally by Zergs, so he is a Zerg commander.
But for Stukov there is no controversy, both the character and the army is Zerg, because don't exist the "half that and half that one" because Zerg is for definition half-Zerg and half-something else, since nearly ALL Zergs are infested something. All things that are called Infested *something* is Zerg.
"yhea but originally", originally Hydralisk was Slothiens, so Hydralisk are not Zerg now because they are half something else? In this case the Zerg race don't exist, only Larvas are Zergs, we have: Terran, Protoss and the race that is half something else.
05/26/2019 12:01 PMPosted by Axiom
The UI doesn't mean anything, stop using it as proof, you have a clear case of both Stetmann and Stukov having Zerg victory screen but you claim they're different races.

The ui and victory screen are NOT THE ONLY PROOF I've provided. Read again EVERYTHING. I've literally told you Stukov is 100% Zerg and Stetman is Zerg in coop missions. Don't lie. I didn't claimed what you wrote LMFAO.
No single dev has ever confirmed Stukov as 100%

David Sum did and you haven't even watched it even though I've linked it hours ago.
* In this interview and precise minute and second he states Stukov is Zerg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj95YA9bdm4&t=22m5s
"He is categorized as Zerg, mostly because of story".
"He is not hanging out with his Terran friends anymore"

Speaking of Story:
https://youtu.be/h20wQAhnHvA?t=1m27s

Kerrigan: <Well we both seem to be Zerg now>

Stukov: <Indeed and we share a common goal: the destruction of this facility>

he's an infested Terran, he's half and half. In fact, the devs have intentionally stayed out of this discussion just so they don't have to deal with people like you.

Zarxiel and I have both explained to you that everything that is "infested" is Zerg. He was Terran, he is Zerg now. Everything that is now Zerg was something else BEFORE being infested. That's how Zerg are.

devs have intentionally stayed out of this discussion just so they don't have to deal with people like you.

False Devs have literally said he's Zerg, in the story, lore, in Lowko's interview and with all the rest of evidence. It's just ppl (trolls) like you that like to troll instead of accepting you are wrong and don't want to read.

To sum it up, he's neither Terran nor Zerg, stop taking random bits and presenting them as proof of your ideas. You're contradicting yourself by claiming devs know best so they gave Stukov the Zerg victory screen but now those same devs are wrong when they gave Stetmann the same victory screen because you see him as Terran?
To sum up he's 100% Zerg. Stop trolling, read everything Zarxiel and me wrote. For once THINK, ELABORATE.

No, FALSE again! I've never said they are wrong. I've said I consider Stetman a Terran commanding a mechanical Zerg swarm. Stop with strawmen. It seems you are a bag of fallacies that as cannot counter-argument just write nonsense. Literally everything you've said is a joke.
05/26/2019 12:11 PMPosted by Axiom
I couldn't care less, my original statement was made as a joke, then a certain someone walked in and tried to present wrong facts as truth PERIOD.

You couldn't care more that's why u keep trolling thinking your wrong ideas could even be considered facts. Surrender to evidence, stop embarrassing yourself. If you want an adult debate at least, your fallacies aren't funny anymore.
05/26/2019 12:23 PMPosted by Daegoth
To sum up he's 100% Zerg. Stop trolling, read everything Zarxiel and me wrote. For once THINK, ELABORATE.

But he's not, if he was 100% Zerg he'd be called Zerg and not Infested Terran. Clearly there's a difference between those two.

• No single dev has ever officially stated Stukov is 100% Zerg
  • him working with Kerrigan doesn't make him 100% Zerg
  • she can't control him psionically like she can do to the rest of the Swarm so clearly there's a difference between him and 100% Zerg units.
  • having Zerg UI doesn't mean anything as proven by Stetmann
  • Infested Terran from SC/BW and the ones spawned by Infestors don't have free will like Stukov does, again making him different

You have not provided any conclusive proof of your claims that he is 100% Zerg, you're just stretching the facts to fit your imagination.
05/26/2019 12:41 PMPosted by Axiom
But he's not, if he was 100% Zerg he'd be called Zerg and not Infested Terran. Clearly there's a difference between those two.

Clearly you still don't understand that there are only 3 playable races on this game. And infested Terrans are Zergs.

• Izha: One of our broodmothers in the Koprulu Sector is picking up a strange psionic signal. It is Zerg (Stukov), but not part of the Swarm
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h20wQAhnHvA&t=0s&list=PLo6dUe-n7Er94PkMkc99-_ntlxRbA45Z1&index=17

• Kerrigan: Well we both seem to be Zerg now
  • Stukov: Indeed and we share a common goal: the destruction of this facility
  • https://youtu.be/h20wQAhnHvA?t=1m27s

No single dev has ever officially stated Stukov is 100% Zerg

False. David Sum has. Already told you in this thread at least 3 or times. Trolls gonna troll.

him working with Kerrigan doesn't make him 100% Zerg

False. She clearly tells him they are both Zerg on the video I linked above.

she can't control him psionically like she can do to the rest of the Swarm so clearly there's a difference between him and 100% Zerg units.

False. Are you 10 years old or something? Did you play SC1 or SC2 at least? Did you remember the mission where Kerrigan had to fight Zagara? Could she control Zagara? So, is Zagara Protoss now? LOL.
    having Zerg UI doesn't mean anything as proven by Stetmann

False. That is just one of the dozens proof I linked and YEAH, it does mean A LOT. Like both being Zerg.
    Infested Terran from SC/BW and the ones spawned by Infestors don't have free will like Stukov does, again making him different

Maybe because Stukov is almost as good and powerful as Kerrigan. Abathur tells that to Kerrigan, he is a surprising specimen, only a bit below Kerrigan. They are both infested terrans, therefore Zergs.
    05/26/2019 12:23 PMPosted by Daegoth

• No single dev has ever officially stated Stukov is 100% Zerg
    • him working with Kerrigan doesn't make him 100% Zerg
    • she can't control him psionically like she can do to the rest of the Swarm so clearly there's a difference between him and 100% Zerg units.
    • having Zerg UI doesn't mean anything as proven by Stetmann
    • Infested Terran from SC/BW and the ones spawned by Infestors don't have free will like Stukov does, again making him different

You have not provided any conclusive proof of your claims that he is 100% Zerg, you're just stretching the facts to fit your imagination.

*Yes, they do, and there is A LOT of official sources that state that Infested Terrans are Zerg, even because (how already said a lot of times) nearly ALL Zergs are infested *something*, just Larvas, Cerebrates, Overmind and I think just this ones are pure Zergs.
    *I think NOBODY never said that is a proof, we just said that Kerrigan, Izsha and Stukov itself state that Stukov is a Zerg
    *Kerrigan cannot control Zagara, Abathur and Dehaka, so they are not Zerg by this logic.
    *We said that Stetmann IS a Zerg commander, the controversy is just about his character, but his army is 100% Zerg
    *The 99% of Zergs don't have free will. Stukov have a more free free will, just because he was created by Kaloth, not by Kerrigan. Abathur too say that the Swarm cannot be independent for not being a danger for the leader. But there is some exeptions, like Primals, Stukov and Zagara (before that she become Overqueen), but this don't mean that they are not Zerg. Can exist Zerg with totally free will, Stukov have it just because he was created by a Cerebrate totally disconnected by Kerrigan's Hive Mind.

And say "if he IS Zerg, why he is called Infested Terran" is just dumb... is like if I say "if Tal'darims are Protoss, why they are called Tal'darim and not Protoss?". The answer is: Because Infested Terrans are a subcategories of the Zergs.
    We have the Evolved, the Primals, the Infested Terrans and the Simulants now, just like Protoss have Aiur, Nerazim, Purifiers and Tal'darim. They are subcategories of the same race.
    Daegoth is right in this, Stukov was just a normal Terran in UED and in SCII he is firmly in command of the Infested Terran faction and is one of Kerrigan's top and most trusted lieutenants as her commander of the Infested Terrans.

I guess you could make an argument that he was in a Terran faction pre-SCII, but we have not, so far, seen any SCI commanders in coop. And in SCII Stukov is Zerg as heck.
    if it looks like zerg, plays like a zerg and feels like a zerg then it's a zerg...god saying zerg so many times make zerg seem like a weird word.

anyways I'm fine with any commanders, be they zerg, terran or protoss, just hoping they require more work than tychus and zeratul, I get they appeal to some people but when I tried out zeratul I kept going back to base checking all my buildings going ''really..there is nothing I have to do...are you sure?'' it just felt weird to me that all I had to do was pump out units and that's it, and then with tychus it's the opposite, instead of only pumping out units you only pump out upgrades which I also found quite boring, the upgrades that is, lower cooldown, more damage, bigger AOE, bleh
    Clearly you still don't understand that there are only 3 playable races on this game. And infested Terrans are Zergs.

Wrong. We also got Hybrid races that can be played like Stukov which is a mix of Terran and Zerg and now Stetmann which is also some weird Zerg mix with Protoss powerfields and Terran repair mechanics.

Co-op is not ladder, stop clinging to that.

Izha: One of our broodmothers in the Koprulu Sector is picking up a strange psionic signal. It is Zerg (Stukov), but not part of the Swarm

Hybrids created by Narud also give off weird Psionic signals, doesn't make them Zerg.

Kerrigan: Well we both seem to be Zerg now
    Stukov: Indeed and we share a common goal: the destruction of this facility

And Tychus has a bullet in his head. Quoting the campaign here is a no no.

False. David Sum has. Already told you in this thread at least 3 or times. Trolls gonna troll.

He also asked if Stukov is counted as a Terran and said that they categorized him as a Zerg, that does not mean that he is 100% Zerg, perhaps they just had no idea where to place a mixed commander.

Again, look at Tychus when it comes to how canon co-op is.

False. Are you 10 years old or something? Did you play SC1 or SC2 at least? Did you remember the mission where Kerrigan had to fight Zagara? Could she control Zagara? So, is Zagara Protoss now? LOL.

I played both, and in both infested terrans that were part of Zerg forces were brainless killing machines with no self awareness or free will. In fact, they were suicide bombers in SC1 and were spawned from infested CCs.
    Even someone as blind as you has to admit that Stukov doesn't fit this profile.

False. That is just one of the dozens proof I linked and YEAH, it does mean A LOT. Like both being Zerg.

You also said Stetmann isn't Zerg but he has the Zerg victory screen, you are contradicting yourself.
    Either it is proof of race or it isn't, make up your mind.
    05/26/2019 01:51 PMPosted by Axiom

Wrong. We also got Hybrid races that can be played like Stukov which is a mix of Terran and Zerg and now Stetmann which is also some weird Zerg mix with Protoss powerfields and Terran repair mechanics.

Wrong hybrids are not a playable race. Infested terrans (a.k.a. infested humans) are a breed of zerg created when the zerg infest a terran with a hyper-evolutionary virus.

https://starcraft.fandom.com/wiki/Infested_terran

Hybrids created by Narud also give off weird Psionic signals, doesn't make them Zerg.

Irrelevant and has NOTHING TO DO with Stukov's race. Izsha clearly confirms he's Zerg.

Says who troll? The campaign is literally full lore. And what does the bullet has to do with what? Is that even an argument?

He also asked if Stukov is counted as a Terran and said that they categorized him as a Zerg, that does not mean that he is 100% Zerg, perhaps they just had no idea where to place a mixed commander.
    Where did he ask what? "Perhaps" lol. Yeah perhaps you smoke something right now. Perhaps, perhaps, sources? Who cares right?

I've talked about the campaign and lore, did u even read it troll?

I played both, and in both infested terrans that were part of Zerg forces were brainless killing machines with no self awareness or free will. In fact, they were suicide bombers in SC1 and were spawned from infested CCs.
    I don't think you are blind, as you think of me. I just think you are a random troll looking for a minute of fame. And I have to admit NOTHING when evidence is so generous and abundant like the one provided in this thread. Those brainless killing machines are a breed of Zerg.

You also said Stetmann isn't Zerg but he has the Zerg victory screen, you are contradicting yourself.

I also said what?? LOL, sure tell me more fairy tales from lala land. Keep trolling random troll. I didn't say he isn't Zerg. I've said he's a Zerg commander in coop missions.

I'm kinda fed up of trying to dialogue or keep an adult debate with a random troll who only uses fallacies, constantly tries to alter my sentences and doesn't read what I write. So keep thinking whatever that pleases you troll. The evidence is there. When you want to show some clever arguments and a nice use of brain cells I'll be there to debate.
    blizzard would do well to release a new terran commander due to the fact that terran have the fewest.

Izha: One of our broodmothers in the Koprulu Sector is picking up a strange psionic signal. It is Zerg (Stukov), but not part of the Swarm

Kerrigan: Well we both seem to be Zerg now
    Stukov: Indeed and we share a common goal: the destruction of this facility

Ah, exist the Hybrid race playable in Co-Op? I didn't know this... can you please link here an image of the something about Hybrid race in-game? Like Mouse, UI, symbol? ANYTHING about Hybrid race.
    The point is not "he have psionic signals" the point is that Izsha say it is Zerg. Don't manipultate what others say just to try to be right, because you are not right. The point of the quote is that Izsha say that the signal come from a Zerg, nobody have said that only Zerg can have it, even because if only Zerg can have it, is dumb specify that is Zerg, if Izsha had specified that that signal come from a Zerg, that mean that others races can use that signals, so your logic don't make any sense.

What? What Tychus have to do with this? Are you saying "Co-Op is no canon, so the HUD don't mean nothing"? I hope not, because that make no sense, Stukov have that HUD because he is Zerg.

1-he said categorized as Zerg, so is Zerg.
    2-exept Larvas, Cerebrates and Overmind, DON'T EXISTS 100% ZERG CREATURES. Neither Zagara is 100% Zerg since the official description say that the Queens was made with Terran, Protoss and Kerrigan DNA.

Why you put Tychus in this that don't mean nothing? They used Tychus and Zeratul because they are loved characters, and people wanted to use them, just this. That don't mean that EVERYTHING IN CO-OP IS NO-CANON.

Kerrigan too is an Infested Terran, and she is not brainless, Hydralisk and others Zergs too are brainless, but Zagara, Izsha, Abathur are not brainless, so they too aren't Zerg? Because if this is your argumente, well... you are doing a really bad work since all you argomentation can be used in any other Zerg character.

"Infested Terrans are not Zergs if not brainless", Kerrigan is an Infested Terran, and she is not only a Zerg character, she is the MAIN ZERG PROTAGONIST, is the character that is more used to symbolize the Zerg race.
    "But she is the leader" not in SC1, she neither have a proper Brood in SC1, but still, she wasn't brainless, and still, she was Zerg. So, if Stukov is not Zerg, neither Kerrigan THE MAIN ZERG PROTAGONIST is Zerg.

Nope, he said Stetmann IS a Zerg commander, the controversy is about if the CHARACTER of Stetmann is Zerg or not, since now he can be considered a sort of Simulant cyborg, but as commander and army he is 100% Zerg.
    Says who troll? The campaign is literally full lore. And what does the bullet has to do with what? Is that even an argument?

Tychus is dead in the campaign but he's a commander in co-op. You are unable to comprehend that and are calling me a troll because of it?.

You keep contradicting yourself constantly and making no sense, clinging to things which are irrelevant to co-op and drawing conclusions to fit your narrative rather than study the facts.

05/26/2019 02:12 PMPosted by Zarxiel
    Ah, exist the Hybrid race playable in Co-Op? I didn't know this... can you please link here an image of the something about Hybrid race in-game? Like Mouse, UI, symbol? ANYTHING about Hybrid race.

Then by all means, tell me which playable race does Stetmann belong to?
    Zerg buildings, Terran repair mechanics, Protoss powerfield mechanics.
    Which playable race is that if it's not a hybrid race?

Once you guys stop thinking the campaign is the holy scripture and try to force everything from co-op into that mold we can have another discussion. Until then you will sadly keep missing the point and drawing false comparisons.
    05/26/2019 02:29 PMPosted by Axiom

Tychus is dead in the campaign but he's a commander in co-op. You are unable to comprehend that and are calling me a troll because of it?.

So what? What's your point???

You keep contradicting yourself constantly and making no sense, clinging to things which are irrelevant to co-op and drawing conclusions to fit your narrative rather than study the facts.

I keep contradicting myself where? Which facts should I stuty?

He's a Zerg commander in coop missions. Hybrids race is another thing here and you should know that. Don't confuse terms. There are no hybrids playable races neither in coop nor in the campaign. There are only THREE PLAYABLE ONES.

One thing is the race, and another one is what it looks like or its mechanics.

Once you guys stop thinking the campaign is the holy scripture and try to force everything from co-op into that mold we can have another discussion. Until then you will sadly keep missing the point and drawing false comparisons.

Again, the campaign is literally strict lore. The coop missions are obviously something less strict. You don't seem to understand the difference among lore, story, races, playable, hybrids, Zergs, infested Terrans, commanders, etc. You should seriously read more.
    05/26/2019 11:03 AMPosted by Axiom
    Being infested by the Zerg doesn't make him Zerg, the same way that catching the flu doesn't mean you are now the flu.

Kerrigan is Terran by that logic then.

05/26/2019 02:12 PMPosted by Zarxiel

"you are contraddicting yourself"
    "Infested Terrans that are not brainless are not Zerg", Kerrigan is the main Zerg protagonist.

who is contraddicting itself?

Stetmann is Zerg (as commander, as a character I SUPPOSE he can be considered a Simulant, but this is just speculation, but as a commander he is totally Zerg). Just because he is different from the "regular" Zergs don't mean that he is not Zerg. By this logic, Zeratul is not Protoss, he don't use Pylons and power field. Dehaka is not Zerg, he don't use creep, and the Primals regular units are not brainless and have their own indepedency. So what? They are totally different race?

I think you don't understand the MAIN thing about Co-Op that make this mode so epic.
    We can play with a lot of characters using THEIR OWN faction. Nearly in all the campaign and in ALL the multiplayer we just play with the "regular" faction.
    Exemple, in multiplayer we use Raynor's Raiders tech for Terrans, Kerrigan's Brood for Zerg, and Daelaam for Protoss. But not all factions have the technologies of this 3, they are the factions of the 3 protagonists, but there is a ton of more factions, with totally different technology.
    Mira's Marauders, don't have any structure for create units, have ships, SHIPS that do that. So what? Han is not Terran?

A single race can have a ton of factions that can be totally different from one from another. Zeratul's warband is totally different from Daelaam, Primals are totally different from Kerrigan's Brood, but they are still Protoss (Zeraul's warband)and Zerg (Primals).

And why are you ignoring like the 99% of things that I write? Like the thing that Infested Kerrigan is Zerg even if she wasn't brainless even before to became the supreme Zerg leader? It's because you don't know how to argue that?

To me look like that when you know how to argue something, even with the most absurd argomentation, you do, or just invent things that nobody said (for exemple, you said Daegoth said that Stetmann is not Zerg, when he NEVER said that), but when you don't know what do say, and found something that totally destroy any you argument, you just ignore it, like if I didn't write anything.

Isn't a bit strange that I and Daegoth can argue with anything you write, but you don't? Is possible because what you write just don't make sense, and contradict official sources, and prefer to ignore it?
    Would love Selendis and Tosh with Planetary Fortresses