This Stetmann lagging must be fixed soon!!

Co-op Missions Discussion
I’ve always known that the environment for co-op mission play is not very good and lags too much with certain commanders, but this is the worst situation I have ever dealt with. The greatest problem starts when egon satellites get deployed all over the map and his mecha units get more than 100 supplies. My screen gets completely frozen that I just can’t do anything literally, yet the stetmann players do not figure out or care if it’s causing troubles for their ally commanders. How insanely unfair is this for a game mode where two people need to cooperate in fair condition?
I’m not saying Stettman as the new commander is a bad idea at all, I’m just saying the Blizzard Starcraft team has to take such a problem like this very serious and fix it sooner than later. Almost everyone is playing Stetmann only now, and I can’t just wait until the number of Stetmann players go down.
They need to give the Mecha Roaches a 20-30 second cooldown
It would be also needed to limit the total amount of roaches can be produced at certain period like Stukov’s infested civilians.
Change the Stetzones to be like Pylon fields. Only visible when selecting a Stetellite, deploying a Stetellite, or using a Stetellite ability. That will help reduce a good amount of lag.
It has nothing to do with infestors or roaches.

Game is laggy right from the start when playing with Laggmann. Also the noise spam he produces is annoying as well. Not to mention having to watch the laggmann zones constantly being visble and change colors.
1. These modules and their graphic effect are taking ridiculously high system resources.
And they are inconvenient themselves. They must be totally reworked so they act more like Nova's ones - you only have few of them but they have some health and can protect themselves a bit. And you deploy them anywhere.
Spamming gameplay is not serious, people will stop playing Stetmann in a few days because fingers stupidly get tired of this constant and useless actions. Bliz said they wanted to combine pylons and creep... Lol. NO ANY RACE needs psy field or creep so their army just gets wrecked without it.

2. Infestors must create less roaches with higher characteristics. You only create 1 per action. So - less units on the map, less system resources are taken.

3. Not only Stetmann's allies are bothered with this but the Stetmen themselves. I got some freezes and disconnects already. That's why I am stopping to play him till they fix it.
05/25/2019 01:03 AMPosted by RMJ
Not to mention having to watch the laggmann zones constantly being visble and change colors.

So this is what's causing all the lag? I figured as much but wasn't sure.

05/25/2019 01:10 AMPosted by Pluton
That's why I am stopping to play him till they fix it.

I just don't play with people playing Stetmann lately. I get too much lag/freezes and sometimes completely stopping with the countdown timer until d/c.
This has never been an issue on my computer with SC2 with any other commander.
If you really want to experience pure undiluted lag, then repeatedly keep spawning legions of roaches while maxed out on Infestors while beneath an overcharged energy satellite.

Then do F2 and send out a patrol command...
I've been facing this lag when my partner spams the Corruptor's missile spell.
Game also gets increasingly laggy as it goes on. I don't know, Stettmann might be putting too many things on the screen on his own. The flashiness of the commander may be backfiring.
Had quite a few frustrating games thanks to him, and no, your computer being awesome changes nothing, cause SC2 does not use multiple processors.
I know it is absolutely insane to expect this, but coop really needs an update in this regard. The limitation to processors is hurting this mode a lot. Until then, I wouldn't mind seeing Stettmann getting a few uhh... "Optimizations".
I am playing Tychus right now because naturally everybody wants to try Stettmann.

I am lucky to have an excellent connection so lag is not an issue for me. My only gripe with Stettmann is I can't tell where my partner needs me. I always use Lt. Layna Nikara to overkill on healing, so I can Medivacs for rapid mobility. For example, I use one Medivac to leave the main fight to port to my partner's base to very quickly take out enemies attacking it, and a second to return to his side to continue with the main fight. With the new commander, there are so many "under attack" points that I can't tell where to Medivac too. Everything seems under attack at once, I've never seen that before.

I will say that most of my partners seem just fine using him. I did have one fellow who was struggling on Scythe of Amon, but we made it in one piece, so no worries.
Some people think they can just continue to use their 2010 garbage laptop the rest of their life and never have to upgrade
I also lag right at the beginning of the game with Stetmann. I can handle playing stukov and speed freak mutator as well as mutators that add extra mobs, but Stetmann lags me right from the very first second of the game.
05/25/2019 08:21 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
Some people think they can just continue to use their 2010 garbage laptop the rest of their life and never have to upgrade

I really doubt it's bad computers considering the number of people having lag issues. I haven't been in co-op as long as some of you, but I don't remember other commanders having lag issues on this level.
05/25/2019 08:35 PMPosted by DieTrying
I also lag right at the beginning of the game with Stetmann. I can handle playing stukov and speed freak mutator as well as mutators that add extra mobs, but Stetmann lags me right from the very first second of the game.

There seems to be more to it - something must be running just from the start that takes incredible chunks of cpu.
Maybe I should just main Stetmenn for now on and go mass Infestors or Zerglings/banelings every game and force people to upgrade their PC. Blizzard has even advertised CPUs a couple times right on the Sc2 section of Bnet, so they probably want people to upgrade too and don’t care for your complaints.
05/25/2019 10:51 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
Maybe I should just main Stetmenn for now on and go mass Infestors or Zerglings/banelings every game and force people to upgrade their PC. Blizzard has even advertised CPUs a couple times right on the Sc2 section of Bnet, so they probably want people to upgrade too.

The only thing you would accomplish with this is get yourself on blacklists of a lot of people as somebody they do not want to partner with.

Not everybody is wealthy enough to buy a new gaming computer, and nobody will do so to satisfy your standards of what people should be running games on. Honestly, you're coming off as condescending to the point where it's disgusting.
05/25/2019 11:08 PMPosted by Serenicus
05/25/2019 10:51 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
Maybe I should just main Stetmenn for now on and go mass Infestors or Zerglings/banelings every game and force people to upgrade their PC. Blizzard has even advertised CPUs a couple times right on the Sc2 section of Bnet, so they probably want people to upgrade too.

The only thing you would accomplish with this is get yourself on blacklists of a lot of people as somebody they do not want to partner with.

Not everybody is wealthy enough to buy a new gaming computer, and nobody will do so to satisfy your standards of what people should be running games on. Honestly, you're coming off as condescending to the point where it's disgusting.

Dude with like 50-80 bucks you can get a something like a Intel Pentium G4560 or a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, that will play games of Sc2 with mass Mecha Infestors no problem. If you go for something that’s preowned you can even get something that’s even more powerful like a intel core i5-8400 for the same price, It not that hard, people are just too lazy to upgrade.
05/25/2019 11:14 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
05/25/2019 11:08 PMPosted by Serenicus

Dude with like 50-80 bucks you can get a something like a Intel Pentium G4560 or a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G that will play games of Sc2 with mass Mecha Infestors no problem, it not that hard, people are just too lazy to upgrade.

Okay, but while 50-80 bucks might seem like a dime to you, many people are on a tight budget, living paycheck to paycheck, preferring to spend their little entertainment money on their children, or even being in debt and struggling to get out of it.

People will get or not get whatever they can afford and feel they need. It's not really something they want or need your opinion on.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Dude with like 50-80 bucks you can get a something like a Intel Pentium G4560 or a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G that will play games of Sc2 with mass Mecha Infestors no problem, it not that hard, people are just too lazy to upgrade.

Okay, but while 50-80 bucks might seem like a dime to you, many people are on a tight budget, living paycheck to paycheck, preferring to spend their little entertainment money on their children, or even being in debt and struggling to get out of it.

People will get or not get whatever they can afford and feel they need. It's not really something they want or need your opinion on.

If 50-80 bucks is a lot of money to you, you probably shouldn’t be playing video games in the first place.
I have a high end computer but am running these cpu intensive settings on low to remain lag free:

Reflections:off
Effects:low
Physics:off
Movies:low

Give them a try and see if it improves your framerate.