This Stetmann lagging must be fixed soon!!

Co-op Missions Discussion
05/25/2019 11:26 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
If 50-80 bucks is a lot of money to you, you probably shouldn’t be playing video games in the first place.

You are a special kind of self-centered spoiled little !@#$, aren't you.

OP: There seem to be an increasing lag issues with new commander.

LaughingGasMan: Maybe people shouldn't play videos games if their computer system can't perform 100% smooth on the new commander.

What a !@#$.
The problem is mostly not the pcs - it runs smoothly on my toaster which was old before Wings of liberty ..

The problem is the coding.
05/25/2019 11:40 PMPosted by FearrWhalins
05/25/2019 11:26 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
If 50-80 bucks is a lot of money to you, you probably shouldn’t be playing video games in the first place.

You are a special kind of self-centered spoiled little !@#$, aren't you.

OP: There seem to be an increasing lag issues with new commander.

LaughingGasMan: Maybe people shouldn't play videos games if their computer system can't perform 100% smooth on the new commander.

What a !@#$.

I'm sure there's a sub Reddit for entitled rich forkholes like him.
Well, SC2 was a terribly optimized game from beginning.

I mean come on, DirectX9 in 2019 is just too old!

I know this is an almost 10 years game but as classic it is, it deserves an API upgrade if there's no SC3 in production.

Even on macOS the opengl support is going to end soon, the metel is still in beta and it suffers on newer hardware:/

Please Blizzard, show some love to StarCraft!
05/25/2019 11:29 PMPosted by SkyHiRider
I have a high end computer but am running these cpu intensive settings on low to remain lag free:

Reflections:off
Effects:low
Physics:off
Movies:low

Give them a try and see if it improves your framerate.
H
I don’t think the movies need to be low, but the rest makes sense. The reflections would probably be rather messy when interacting with the effects aspect of the stetallites. And the move speed boost on the units likely messes with the physics engine a lot.
05/25/2019 11:14 PMPosted by NitrousOxide
05/25/2019 11:08 PMPosted by Serenicus

The only thing you would accomplish with this is get yourself on blacklists of a lot of people as somebody they do not want to partner with.

Not everybody is wealthy enough to buy a new gaming computer, and nobody will do so to satisfy your standards of what people should be running games on. Honestly, you're coming off as condescending to the point where it's disgusting.

Dude with like 50-80 bucks you can get a something like a Intel Pentium G4560 or a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, that will play games of Sc2 with mass Mecha Infestors no problem. If you go for something that’s preowned you can even get something that’s even more powerful like a intel core i5-8400 for the same price, It not that hard, people are just too lazy to upgrade.

Oh those poor plebeians don't deserve to play video games. Why it is rich man's hobby!
is that why WHO added it as medical condition now?
So this is what's causing all the lag? I figured as much but wasn't sure.

I'm pretty sure it's not graphics. At least that's not a major contributor. I don't experience the lag myself (new PC), but I think it has more to do with the bonuses caused by the Stetalites. What you get is bonuses added to every unit on the map continuously. It' similar to how the Diffusion mutator works, where it calculates and subtracts HP from every single unit around it when a unit attacks. So in that case it "lags" when you engage a large wave. It bombards the CPU with a bunch of required calculations.

If they lengthen the period of each tick, it might help those with older PC's at the expense of making the aura effect less smooth. That of course, is up to Blizzard as they can't make it too much lower since they have to compete with other modern games.
We may test which one is more laggy in this two situations:
1. Only spawn a few Stetzone around base, then call down as many roaches as possible and send them outside the zone.
2. Spawn as large Stetzone as possible, then build a regular army with partner.
I'm sure they'll probably fix it soon. Just be aware that Monday is an American holiday, so they probably have the day off. I wouldn't be surprised if the fix isn't until late in the week, or the next week.
05/26/2019 12:38 PMPosted by Imposter
I'm sure they'll probably fix it soon. Just be aware that Monday is an American holiday, so they probably have the day off. I wouldn't be surprised if the fix isn't until late in the week, or the next week.

Well, to be fair, Memorial Day is the perfect opportunity to give those Marines some love. :)
05/26/2019 11:04 AMPosted by jedi
We may test which one is more laggy in this two situations:
1. Only spawn a few Stetzone around base, then call down as many roaches as possible and send them outside the zone.
2. Spawn as large Stetzone as possible, then build a regular army with partner.

I tried those 2, the Roach spam is the cause of lag.
try to add GraphicsApi=Direct3D11 to variables.txt it works for me.
05/25/2019 11:29 PMPosted by SkyHiRider
I have a high end computer but am running these cpu intensive settings on low to remain lag free:

Reflections:off
Effects:low
Physics:off
Movies:low

Give them a try and see if it improves your framerate.

Doesn't it make the game look ugly? I play everything on ultra but sometimes on late games I experience severe lag with full pop 200/200 from both me and my ally. Would this setting avoid that?