Main Menu Screens - Atrocious Adverstising

General Discussion
I almost filed this ticket as a refund request...

I'm un-interested in the opinions of other players who disagree with me; in this context there's just no obligation for me to care about such nonsense, so save your time and don't bother responding.

Blizzard >:(
Your feedback links said to come here so here I am!

"Hello!

Since Amazon and Twitch Prime have paid you to replace the main menu screen I selected in the settings, in a way that I cannot override, with a full-screen ad for a product I already pay for and offering me a freebie deal for something that I already own, I was hoping maybe you could just give me my money back.
I would like to keep Starcraft II, it's great! Super happy with that, good job, but I'm really really angry that you moved to this great compromise where your completely and utterly valueless ad impression (Already bought it, remember?) was only on some of the screen and the cool animated background was on the rest, and then you just moved it back for some reason, so now I have to look at your ugly static image.
At least if it's a paid ad, you could make it look as good as what you're replacing. Surely Amazon can pay you to animate something for this purpose, yes? You'd only need like 2 since the offer is always over and over for the same 2 things. Is my dissatisfaction clear? Hey, maybe it could be like every other ad in the universe, where after I click the link and do the thing, IT GOES AWAY! Maybe that's a real technical challenge for the company that took MMOs mainstream. You know, one of the very oldest companies in PC Gaming that was legitimately one of the first pioneers of multiplayer? I dunno...
Look if you can't refund me and let me keep the game just... just.... please tell someone? Yeah? You should all be embarrassed, honestly. It's embarrassing. I really like the normal main menu screens, and that ad... like I spent all this time doing this instead of playing the game. That's not good. Next time maybe I'll play *REDACTED* instead just because I'm triggered. They sell skins with amazing in-house animations that appear unobstructed when you login. I've never bitten on your Starcraft MTX, check, I'll wait. I'm into *REDACTED* for a grillion dollars steadily year after year, and they're honestly way bigger jerks than you, for real. "

Oh look! I redacted it to fit the code of conduct! Amazon and Twitch are Blizzard related businesses because you sell them ad space.
Insist on better ads, raise the price if you have to, or just charge for Battlenet! I'll pay it! I have Twitch Prime, remember? Or just bring back the compromise PERMANENTLY! I hate that but I could live with it. Now every time I log in I have a small internal temper tantrum.... This one escaped, but I don't care. Please FIX IT!
I will never understand you people that complain about this.

1. That menu screen is utterly pointless, you literally cant do !@#$ on it so there is no point to even look at it.
2. Its advertising things you can get in the game you are currently playing.
3. It helps some people (like me) figure out that there is such a thing available
4. You want a full game refund just because the main menu screen (which again is totally pointless) is locked to this ad for a short time? Like seriously, play the %^-*ing game and stop staring at this pointless screen. Why do you think you deserve a full refund because of something that has literally nothing to do with the game play itself.
5. Lol yeah you get a full refund just so you can turn around and make a new free profile LMFAO. Never going to happen.
6. The funniest part about all this is, the ad menu screen Isn't even active all the time. Today I got one of the normal menu screens when I was playing lmfao XD.

It truly baffles me that people are so upset about this so minute thing that doesn't in any way effect your playing experience. Now, do I think you should be able to change the menu screen off of it if you want? Sure, why not. I could care less, I look at this screen for about 1-2 seconds tops every time I load the game up. Just relax dude, its a menu screen ffs......
I suggest you boycott all Blizzard games and move on to something that fits your lifestyle.

P.S. I hope the mods do something about your posting necro and spam.
Well, much as we may not like it (not even main menu, but the fact these ads may turn up in background between games, WITH SOUND) - it is not going anywhere.

For your interest - Act/Bliz has a patent on matchmaking algorithm addition to put you against opponents using skins that you haven't yet bought.
05/12/2019 01:06 AMPosted by MisterAL
(not even main menu, but the fact these ads may turn up in background between games, WITH SOUND)

This is so annoying especially when you're listening to music and then some crap starts blaring in the background.
i play this game almost everyday and i have no idea what you guys are talking about.. i've never been annoyed by anything like that... maybe change your settings?
05/12/2019 12:18 AMPosted by MRBBHead
I will never understand you people that complain about this.

1. That menu screen is utterly pointless, you literally cant do !@#$ on it so there is no point to even look at it.
2. Its advertising things you can get in the game you are currently playing.
3. It helps some people (like me) figure out that there is such a thing available
4. You want a full game refund just because the main menu screen (which again is totally pointless) is locked to this ad for a short time? Like seriously, play the %^-*ing game and stop staring at this pointless screen. Why do you think you deserve a full refund because of something that has literally nothing to do with the game play itself.
5. Lol yeah you get a full refund just so you can turn around and make a new free profile LMFAO. Never going to happen.
6. The funniest part about all this is, the ad menu screen Isn't even active all the time. Today I got one of the normal menu screens when I was playing lmfao XD.

It truly baffles me that people are so upset about this so minute thing that doesn't in any way effect your playing experience. Now, do I think you should be able to change the menu screen off of it if you want? Sure, why not. I could care less, I look at this screen for about 1-2 seconds tops every time I load the game up. Just relax dude, its a menu screen ffs......

You are a sheep. Enjoy being told what is good for you the rest of your life.