Co-Op Mutation #156: Rubber and Glue

Co-op Missions Discussion
I just did this mutation as Tychus with a Stukov ally (thanks Mother Russia), and boy, it hurts XD

I started recruiting Nikara (a rare sentence to say) and rushed her heal improovement, even though the rocks almost killed Tychus XD

If you wanna use Tychus, prioritize armor and life upgrades over the damage ones and use ALL your heals. Don't nuke the biggest waves, you gonna auto-kill the Odin.

If you hate Tychus, watch someone play him this mutation, the struggle is real. Tychus and Warhound killed themselves like 3 times each. Sam I think is impossible to use, he does too much damage for how squish he is.
Seems almost more like a bonus feature rather than a problem to have Odin auto-killed after nuke, since you get Tychus back instantly. :-)
04/29/2019 03:48 AMPosted by Masaito
I just did this mutation as Tychus with a Stukov ally (thanks Mother Russia), and boy, it hurts XD

I started recruiting Nikara (a rare sentence to say) and rushed her heal improovement, even though the rocks almost killed Tychus XD

If you wanna use Tychus, prioritize armor and life upgrades over the damage ones and use ALL your heals. Don't nuke the biggest waves, you gonna auto-kill the Odin.

If you hate Tychus, watch someone play him this mutation, the struggle is real. Tychus and Warhound killed themselves like 3 times each. Sam I think is impossible to use, he does too much damage for how squish he is.

IIRC, you can dodge the nuke recoil damage using the Medivac. Just before it lands, pick up your Odin/Outlaws and redeploy them after it lands.
Karax makes this easy. His Spear of Adun calldowns aren't affected by the reflect damage Mutation and his repair beam easily solves the same problem against his static defense.
04/28/2019 04:21 PMPosted by Sprite
Wanted to test this with a Raynor build I had thought up. Probably wouldn't work.
15 to 18/20 Vultures for Spider Mines. 15 to 18 Medics supporting mass Viking or Battlecruisers. If BCs, lower the Medic count to favor BC count.
Masteries:
-30 Research Cost
-30 into either Banshee or Hyperion
-30 into Medic Heal

Found I don't really need more than 4 CCs for this kind of build, but that was on standard Brutal. Unsure how effective this would be on the Brutation.

Last time we had diffusion on this map, I won with pure Viking raynor. watching waves melt when you volley at the shuttles was beautiful. Fewer vultures would be my recommendation to you, absolute minimum amount of them preferably.
With Dehaka swarm hosts is easy mode, sadly i have the habit to eat psionic units or weakened hybrids, resulting on Dehaka killing himself multiple times :(
Fenix carry with mass Carriers. Point is, the carrier messes up enemy AI & you have all the time in the world to grind their health down ^ ^

Then pool all into cannons.

And I tried with Zeratul, it was hard. Cannons came too late, and die too fast.
Kinda need a good ally to defend you until mid game.

Edit: Its also a breeze with Dehaka & Locust o.O
Done as Swann with my buddy playing Karax, since he kept killing himself with Tychus.

Was pretty fun. Had a ground troop consisting of Goliaths and a few Thors, a team of Wraiths and Science Vessels.

Ignored the bonus though.

Edit: Got a Zerg comp. Some waves were pretty big but that's what calldowns are there for. Still, the very last wave in the middle got through the defenses, but we got all shuttles.
Karax cannons is easy mode for sure if you don't need to push into the enemy base. Beat it first try with cannons at each warp exit and both spawn points. The spawn points you gotta support with SoA but otherwise it's pretty simple. Hardest part was actually at the end when my ally brought his whole damn army right next to my cannons and the shuttles wouldn't die because his army was taking all the diffusion damage.
04/29/2019 02:50 AMPosted by AlbertoUS
Used Swann ally went Aba.

Very good combo. Went full static D and 30 points into lazer beam, drill and full structure HP. Build a ton of static D around the locks then some space and then a few factories with flaming betties in front and blaster billies behind. Trick behind this is that the mobs will stop and attack the factories but the shuttles move on. That way all dps from the anti air turrets goes to the shuttles and no diffusion shenanigans with the mobs.

With enough masteries into drill upgrade costs etc. (T3) the lazer drill will also instant respawn when destroyed. Tested it with 27 and 30 points and both work. Maybe even lower will work too but you have to test that yourself. So don’t worry about using pulse cannon/beam and destroying the drill.. it is back up instantly.
Also the diffusion on the last wave may cause some lag.. so be prepared :)

Ezpz...GL HF!

That Laser Drill Insta-respawn was an intended Mastery??? I thought it was bug! That means it's pretty much invincible. lol
I went Zagara and got a Stukov partner.
Only Bile Launchers and a handful of Coruptors + Infested Bunkers.

Bile Launchers kill themselves from time to time (but still pretty effective in controlled situation, like letting big groups get damaged a bit first and them doing finish off I guess).

I just went for the bonuses with my free Banelings mostly and stood around to heal. Watching Zag kill herself with Baneling Barrage was funny I'll have to admit. :)

At one point I think I saw I had like 10K/3K because I had nothing to buy cuz the few scourge I made wasn't really needed so I just went Biles. I still got more kills than Stukov but he had more Shuttle kills (mostly because I let him). We did have Reavertoss, which counters infantry, but not Bile Launchers. Prolly coulda cleared map with some more Banelings and Scourge and stuff with the extra money I saved to replace Biles.
Easy mutation for this week. Thanks Blizzard.
04/28/2019 03:06 PMPosted by MountainKing
Can confirm. Suicided my Zag to the expansion rocks with barrage, but then got away with barraging hybdrids.
Zagara's Baneling Barrage doesn't reflect when it hits enemy units, but it does reflect when it hits structures. This is normal behavior for Double-edged mutator.
Kerrigan's immobilization wave does nto kill her
It depends where those units are,. but usually it won't kill her.

More info here:[quote]https://www.maguro.one/p/mutators.html#Double-edged

Normal behaviour? Seems bugged to me. Or at least unintended.
Did a Karax-Stukov run with a friend

Seemed pretty good. Won first try.

Just built Cannons and bunkers everywhere with late game transition to Carriers and more bunkers.

We got the Ground mechanical toss as our enemy. Lots of zealot/immortal/stalker. Then late game mass colossi. The lasers in the sky ate them for breakfast. Then lunch. Then dinner. Stukov send his rally points to the bonus obj, but they really only had to provide vision for the lasers.

Felt easier than some brutal non-mutations.
Mass xel'naga shieldguard on zeratul is pretty fun for this mutation, especially once you reach tier 3 and they just start reflecting yamato cannons and turning the mutation against your enemies
04/29/2019 05:34 PMPosted by Jay
Did a Karax-Stukov run with a friend

Seemed pretty good. Won first try.

Just built Cannons and bunkers everywhere with late game transition to Carriers and more bunkers.

We got the Ground mechanical toss as our enemy. Lots of zealot/immortal/stalker. Then late game mass colossi. The lasers in the sky ate them for breakfast. Then lunch. Then dinner. Stukov send his rally points to the bonus obj, but they really only had to provide vision for the lasers.

Felt easier than some brutal non-mutations.

I think it's Karax with all those top bars. You don't even have to aim, just hit something and everything smaller gets killed and leave you with just a few wounded big dudes. I had a Karax partner and went Hellbat/Thor with lots of Science Vessels for kicks. Felt like I prolonged the battles by tanking all that Diffusion damage but we got everything by a mile. I only put some Flaming Betties in front for vision or something and it was so smooth it didn't feel Brutal at all.
Fenix mass carrier is also good. Few enemy comps can deal with it. Double edge only affect interceptors. Put max mastery in life and shield for champions. Mineral dump for cannons. Conservators to keep alive.
All Commanders is live https://youtu.be/-IsML1ZXaX4
All Commanders is live https://youtu.be/-IsML1ZXaX4
Healing doesn't seem to work from the double edged? Perhaps it only works while I'm in combat? Not sure