Co-Op Mutation #160: One for All

Co-op Missions Discussion
Beat it on the second attempt as Tychus with a good Vorazun as partner. First one failed badly as Abathur against Sky Terran due to a lack of biomass.

Second game was a cakewalk in comparison even though it was also against Sky Terran. The game was mostly played like regular match but there were two things that made it easy.

First, Tychus is very capable of handling the first phase, allowing Vorazun to build up and tech up. Fewer or no wasted losses means you are better prepped for the next phase. Second, Black Hole played a big role in neutralizing enemy forces, particularly 2 massive waves of hybrids which would otherwise be difficult to handle. Black Hole prevents Transmutation momentarily, and makes enemy forces easy targets for area effect abilities like Tychus' grenade and Nux storms. Combined with DTs and Corsairs, everything just melted quickly.
Finished with 21 Temple HP left.

ez
Did it with a mass cannon Zeratul with a mass dragoon Artanis partner. We both can handle one wave on our own, though occasionally I would have to handle two waves at once with my cannons. It was pretty scary because the comp is swarm zerg with scourges, and you know that scourges could just explode on the temple, killing it really really fast. Not to mention disabling cloud !@#$ing up my cannons and banelings effectiveness at killing them.

Did it anyways first try. You certainly need the monoliths to stun the speedy zerg and when the wave turns into mass hybrids, you also need the evo avatar to slow them down even more.

Funny how much better Zeratul's cannons feel compared to Karax, the supposedly defensive commander. The flexibility is really convenient,
I found it surprisingly easy with Vorazun and a Tychus partner.
Could barely tell the difference between this mutation and a regular Brutal game.
Although maybe it was because I got an easy Protoss enemy composition (Adept/Phoenix).
Another first try win with Artanis mass Dragoon.

The waves are much bigger but having a competent partner really helps.
05/27/2019 06:53 AMPosted by Cybernetic
Beat it on the second attempt as Tychus with a good Vorazun as partner. First one failed badly as Abathur against Sky Terran due to a lack of biomass.

Second game was a cakewalk in comparison even though it was also against Sky Terran. The game was mostly played like regular match but there were two things that made it easy.

First, Tychus is very capable of handling the first phase, allowing Vorazun to build up and tech up. Fewer or no wasted losses means you are better prepped for the next phase. Second, Black Hole played a big role in neutralizing enemy forces, particularly 2 massive waves of hybrids which would otherwise be difficult to handle. Black Hole prevents Transmutation momentarily, and makes enemy forces easy targets for area effect abilities like Tychus' grenade and Nux storms. Combined with DTs and Corsairs, everything just melted quickly.

:blush"
05/27/2019 06:53 AMPosted by Cybernetic

I agree Vorazun is the COTW. Too much crowd control.
As Stetman a squad of around 24 infestors with a roaving squad of hydras (vs air terran) did very well almost soloed it. After spawning a wave of roaches just send them down the lane with the most red on it.

My ally was swann. mostly for the gas boost. His laser was great for knocking down waves from the north east before they could get close and upgrade into hybrid.

Against the zerg/terran I'd recommend getting 6-12 banelings every enemy wave just to clear up the little guys before they can upgrade. It makes clearing so much faster.

The hydras are also great for pushing out with an roach/ravager wave and clearing out the thrashers quickly.

I'm not sure if it's possible to lose as Stetmann with mass infestors. Had a moment where Everything else but my infestors died and I just surrounded the temple with so many roaches they couldn't attack the temple. Bodyblocked every ramp with more units than an entire army of hybrid could kill.
05/27/2019 07:01 AMPosted by llllllllllll
Did it with a mass cannon Zeratul with a mass dragoon Artanis partner. We both can handle one wave on our own, though occasionally I would have to handle two waves at once with my cannons. It was pretty scary because the comp is swarm zerg with scourges, and you know that scourges could just explode on the temple, killing it really really fast. Not to mention disabling cloud !@#$ing up my cannons and banelings effectiveness at killing them.

Did it anyways first try. You certainly need the monoliths to stun the speedy zerg and when the wave turns into mass hybrids, you also need the evo avatar to slow them down even more.

Funny how much better Zeratul's cannons feel compared to Karax, the supposedly defensive commander. The flexibility is really convenient,

iirc Struture deaths count as 1 supply for Transmutation (one tier upgrade). Not sure how it works for Zeratul's cannons, though.
Beat it with Vorazun and Tychus.

Vorazun really trivialized the entire mutation with her black hole, time stop, corsair and dark templar units.

Most of the time, one black hole is usually enough to wipe out the entire wave due to the splash from Corsairs and Dark Templars.
Diamondbacks/turrets only against suicide zerg works, and Kerrigan partner helped with mobility and regeneration. While diamondbacks can handle the zerg waves easily (the Caustic Mucus trail kills banes and zergling and can even take care of burrowed units), hybrids almost one-shoot them. Might be good to add a few tanks to your army if you try this strat. Make sure to put turrets at top of each ramp for flying inits, particularly scourges. Overall, not that hard as long as each partner does her part of the job.
  • Videos
  • Abathur Solo
    https://youtu.be/b1H700jCigw
    05/26/2019 08:26 PMPosted by tarocimdar
    Vorazun should be good with mass DT , oracles, corsairs, black hole and time stop.

Yup! I got this with a Tychus / Vorazun combo. I gave my partner my expansion gases and he pretty much did this to the extreme. I supported with my core four (Tychus, the Doc, Sirius, and Vega) against a zerg ling/bling enemy, which was quickly wiped out by Tychus' shredder grenades, mind control, and black holes.

This one was fun with this combo, but I see this being troublesome with other commanders.
    05/27/2019 07:00 AMPosted by SerasVII
    Finished with 21 Temple HP left.

ez

Damn you, i thought my 28 HP left were impressive :(

Alarak/Nova One for All Mutation

Amon just got Detroit Smashed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4-M3Jo5T0A&feature=youtu.be
    Done as Alarak with my buddy playing Karax.

I'm pretty sure some units levelled up from killing Carrier interceptors, and in the end there were a lot of Hybrids munching at the defenses (that final attack where they attack from 3 lanes or something). Luckily though the mission was completed shortly afterwards.

Love the Mothership damage buff, btw.