What a disappointing RTS game ---StarCraft 2

General Discussion
Hi guys, I don't know just me or some of you might have similar feeling.
I been played SC2 for so long, in fact from the beta. I know I am not the best SC2 player, not even close to one. As a long time SC2 player, I feel like this game became something true unbelievably different in a bad way.

I admit that nothing is like before, in fact, when I return to SC2 recently, I found out that everyone is playing rush strategies. I have nothing against rushing strategies, I do rushes sometime, but nowadays nobody cares macro anymore. Even I held a rush, they will just quit the game and start another rush. I thought the beauty of RTS game is about macro and micro. This not just happen in 1v1 ladder solo game, but also ladder team games. I know and do understand the development team wants to have a fast pace game, if so why don't we have every tech and start from late games?
Will delete the game from my pc and will never install back again, I am sorry, but you let me down.
Unfortunately, at all levels of play and with all three races, being able to stop cheeses and all ins is an essential skill of SC2. Then those games could possibly transition to macro or you simply win until you face someone that wants to specifically play macro like you.
05/14/2019 07:05 PMPosted by MnMLY
Hi guys, I don't know just me or some of you might have similar feeling.
I been played SC2 for so long, in fact from the beta. I know I am not the best SC2 player, not even close to one. As a long time SC2 player, I feel like this game became something true unbelievably different in a bad way.

I admit that nothing is like before, in fact, when I return to SC2 recently, I found out that everyone is playing rush strategies. I have nothing against rushing strategies, I do rushes sometime, but nowadays nobody cares macro anymore. Even I held a rush, they will just quit the game and start another rush. I thought the beauty of RTS game is about macro and micro. This not just happen in 1v1 ladder solo game, but also ladder team games. I know and do understand the development team wants to have a fast pace game, if so why don't we have every tech and start from late games?
Will delete the game from my pc and will never install back again, I am sorry, but you let me down.

lol wut? most games have to goto 3 bases these days. there are certainly potent cheeses but just because you are facing them on ladder doesn't mean macro isn't the meta. at the top level, 3 base+ play is standard. hell, even at my low !@# level, although lots of people try to end games early, if they dont, it goes to 3+ bases. hold the rush and it goes to macro game, sounds like you need to get caught up with how to scout all the current all ins. frustrating for sure....but your comment is shortsighed ^^
I wouldn't tell you to play a game that isn't fun for you. I recently started playing so this is the StarCraft I know.

Whenever you change some there will always be people who can't adapt. They made changes for the viewing pleasure of games. Nobody wants to watch a bo5 or bo7 when it's a slow start every time.

I only know how it is now so I can't say it's better because I like it. If they slowed the game down for you I probably wouldn't enjoy waiting around because I'm used to the face pace. Micro and macro are still important in these faster games so I disagree with you.

I may hit a timing push and be macroing up behind it.
Playing to end the game as fast as possible (aka aggressively) is a great way to learn the game, so you should adopt that strategy. As you climb the ladder, you will face vs stronger and stronger opponents who will defend that aggression and prolong the game further and further. Macro games only happen when two aggressive players are equally as strong at fending off their opponents attempts at ending the game.
my average worker count per game is 80, but i guess everyone rushes.