Stetmann bugs and inconveniences

Co-op Missions Discussion
I'd appreciate if you wouldn't speak bad about Gary, he is a great bot and you shouldn't hurt his feelings!!
Stetmann feels nerfed prior to release =) Missing ultimate upgrades/call downs that can wave wipe in a seconds notice o.o

I understand, Tychus/Zera/Dehaka are too OP but the trend is already established.
Can't find any love for Stetmann if he does 3/4 of a Dehaka but takes twice the effort.

It might be his Satellite Fields die out to fast during defence & can't push into enemy base effectively with Cannons/Turrets/Bunkers/Thors/Marine shooting them down. And bigs maps are the worse to Satelite Creep! - Like Malwarfare

And I tried with 110% effort to micro my army + satellite to land them into enemy bases. But the fight nearly ended before the satellite gotten up & my Allies is constantly out of range.

OP really has everything on point - agree.
05/22/2019 02:00 PMPosted by Archer
Gary dies too easily when you are up against air zerg with scourge since its flying, instead of hovering

I agree, they should give Gary a defense matrix ability or a passive, that gives him an incredible amount of armor and immunity for a few seconds after taking heavy damage, or activated manually.

Defense matrix ability is already in the game, so adding it up on one unit shouldn't be that hard for the developers.
His satellites AT LEAST need cloak. Honestly I'd be happier if they went the Abathur route of borderline invincible. Especially with the current preponderance of enemy air comps, it's just so difficult to ever fight inside satellite range even defensively, enemy vikings/whatever just casually evaporate the nearest satellite THEN fight you.

Gary sucking + being a flying unit really hurts him too. He's not even that good at support, I would be fine with him sucking at combat if he had useful support, but... he doesn't. Not when you don't even get to have satellites for a fight.

Beyond that and the nonsensical decision to make him wait to level 2 to have energy regen field, though, I really like Stetmann's design and think that once they uncuck satellites he'll be a reasonably well balanced support commander, along the lines of Karax - not overpowered, not garbage, pretty active macro that makes him harder but more rewarding to play. I actually LOVE Tychus's design (not so much Zeratul...) and don't mind micro focused commanders at all, but after 2 micro commanders it's nice to have a proper macro commander again.
The main issue I have with Stetmann right now is that he's just way too laggy. I think it is his satellites and his field that are tanking fps levels to beyond what stukov does (I play on low). Near the end of the game, it's near unplayable, even without sizable armies. I don't want to imagine what the mass infestors can do if only Zergling/ultralisk armies are this bad.
05/22/2019 06:42 AMPosted by Pluton
- Gary is too weak. Especially for a hero unit. Too low cooldown, no chance of immediate healing (most heroes have it one way or another). His attack is not impressive too. Field doesn't effect him, so he is often FAR behind his army and can't help. He is so slow he can't even run away from enemies, they simply go behind and kill him with no problem. And you can't just use the blue field to speed him up cause it doesn't effect him.
Yes and that's the reason why I am currently rolling with the Super Gary rush tactic.

-60% structure morph mastery, saturate gases and minerals with just 22 workers, rush for a Hive, wait for Gary then upgrade him immediately. It takes about 4:20 but longer for maps where you may need to defend early rushes.

Super Gary can hold his own quite well and is far more reliable than regular Gary.
I think you're meant to leave the zone when attacking, then return to the field to get you're energy back. It's sort of like how zagara has explosive damage, but has to rebuild army in order to attack again. Stetman does a strong attack, then needs to retreat to Regen health and energy.
05/22/2019 07:53 PMPosted by Cybernetic
Yes and that's the reason why I am currently rolling with the Super Gary rush tactic.

May be you right, but it takes us a way to level him up for the mastery. Till then Gary is trash. Imagine if it was like that with Dehaka or Fenix - weak till they get mastery. Nonsense.
Also I agree with this:
05/22/2019 05:53 PMPosted by Cryswar
He's not even that good at support, I would be fine with him sucking at combat if he had useful support, but... he doesn't.
05/22/2019 08:12 PMPosted by Imposter
I think you're meant to leave the zone when attacking, then return to the field to get you're energy back. It's sort of like how zagara has explosive damage, but has to rebuild army in order to attack again. Stetman does a strong attack, then needs to retreat to Regen health and energy.
You would be playing Stetmann at a considerable disadvantage if you fight outside the Stetzones. If not near the Stetellites on green, you miss out on healing and shields (if overcharged).

What you do is creep the Stetellites as close to the enemy as possible and fight on the edge of the zone. Once you have their attention, you can drop in more Stetellites to help your units; enemies are distracted at this time so it gives your Stetellites a greater chance to deploy without being shot down.

A similar option is Super Gary who has his own Stetzone when activated.
Largest issue: His best gameplay is the most lag inducing. He functionally only has 2 units, infestors and corrupters, since both can utterly dissolve any army. But to destroy ground, he needs to spam roach/ravagers, and that is lag inducing like no other.
Anybody understands what is happening with 5th mastery? -50 sec cooldown for modules - whaaaa? Their initial cd is much shorter.
His infestors seem to have equal priority to combat units, with enemy units just as likely to attack them as any Gary who’s in range (or, more frustratingly, roaches and ravagers).

Gary also doesn’t seem to have high ground view despite being an air unit, he does when he’s over unpathable terrain (like on top of the ice boundaries on the ship map) but it seems like he can’t see over a ledge until he passes over it.
05/23/2019 03:40 AMPosted by Pluton
Anybody understands what is happening with 5th mastery? -50 sec cooldown for modules - whaaaa? Their initial cd is much shorter.
It's a typo. It's supposed to read -0.167 per point instead of -1.67 thus the max bonus is 5 seconds and not 50.
05/22/2019 03:19 PMPosted by Pluton
05/22/2019 02:42 PMPosted by Zarxiel

Tested it right now, and Mecha Zergling have Simulant skin without problem.

All day I was watching usual one. He is colored blue but he is not mechanic. May be this depends on graphics options.

I don't know if is the graphic, but mine, and from some youtube videos I can confirm the Mecha Zergling skin have not problem.
Its not a bug but I hate the !@#$%^-ed forced transport mechanic.
(Nova and Vorazune have the same issue).

NO I DO NOT WANT HALF OF MY UNITS FORCIBLY TELEPORTED ACROSS THE MAP WHEN I HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER.
05/24/2019 05:59 PMPosted by RanjitB

NO I DO NOT WANT HALF OF MY UNITS FORCIBLY TELEPORTED ACROSS THE MAP WHEN I HAVE NO SAY IN THE MATTER.

And this is related to Stetmann... how?
05/24/2019 11:42 PMPosted by Pluton
05/24/2019 05:59 PMPosted by RanjitB

And this is related to Stetmann... how?
Gary’s teleport not only brings along his army with him, but also ally’s army.

Anyway, i find a few seconds of stetellites speed mode is enough to get units to where i want them.
I almost don’t use gary’s teleport anymore (which i have to wait make sure the units are near him, before teleporting. a waste of time).
Against Eminent Domain mutator, if one of Stetmann's tech building is destroyed then controlled by enemy, the enemy will have a default of 990 mech remnants of such units, thus spawn hundreds of them immediately.
05/25/2019 12:27 AMPosted by ixzyquinn
Gary’s teleport not only brings along his army with him, but also ally’s army.

Oh, I didn't notice that, used the ability only a couple times exactly because I have speed boost to get anywhere.
I noticed that on Temple of The Past, if stetlites are deployed everywhere, attacking waves sometimes will take a long time to reach your base.

They stay idle after killing the stets nearby and only start moving a couple of seconds later, at which the stetlites will respawn, and repeat this process.

I.e AI gets trolled by stetlites at temple of the past.