How to play stettman correctly.....OVERCHARGE

Co-op Missions Discussion
It’s basically all about his ‘creep’ spread and overcharge. Unit composition isn’t even that important, because overcharge is what turns him from a wuss into a hulk. Just spread your creep to wherever it is you want to fight the enemy and then overcharge a satellite prebattle and go at it.
Personally I think the best one is heal + overcharge because it gives shields to your entire army similar to nova def drone. Heck weakass Garry can solo first 2 waves with it and clear expos no problem, even easier if backed with the Ling’s you used to clear rocks. If the spot where you want to battle is to far off to spread creep to just make an offensive hatch, or wait for supergarry.

TLDR, spread creep, OVERCHARGE, never lose a unit and solo waves like a boss
I think maybe if I was quicker on my micro (and, you know, didn't play high so often) the J.U.I.C.E. would be the strongest, because a hydra/infestor/battleship combo gets scary fast. As is, however, I am inclined to agree with you, plus the heal can really come in handy for certain allies. The shield makes it possible to do a ton with even just zerglings. They barely die, giving a ton of early game power.

Having said all that, this to me is why he was such a laborious commander until level 7 cooldown reductions. I just couldn't keep up on some of the missions with my stet spread, which cost me most of my strength.
05/24/2019 10:49 AMPosted by Boutneus
Personally I think the best one is heal + overcharge because it gives shields to your entire army similar to nova def drone.
Similar but with a few difference. The shield is weaker. 60 if i remember correctly.
So, it doesn’t add much to units with already high health. But very good for low health units, e.g. essentially triples the health of zerglings for a while.

However, the shield casting frequency is so short and only requiring that the target units are near.
So, the higher the number units, the more effective the overcharge. But the more units, the longer it takes to get most of them shielded.

Also, while the overcharge is still active, quickly change to another mode when enough units are shielded. That way, the units can also get attack-speed buff or boosted egonergy from the overcharge.
05/24/2019 11:06 AMPosted by MikeyG
I just couldn't keep up on some of the missions with my stet spread, which cost me most of my strength.

Yea- I feel you. My army lags behind my allies cuz my spread hasn't gotten near.
And it didn't make sense to battle without it ^ ^
Or I wanted to save Super-Gary's Sat-elite Field for emergency.

Pre-charging makes sense. But its still not intuitive to most Stetmann trying to get proper satellite placements ^ ^ or they out of position.
Purple pylon power puts infestors at godlike levels creating infinite waves of ravagers and roaches. Healing isn't needed if you have 20+ infestors spamming 6 roaches and a ravager every 4(?) seconds each. I broke 400 units by using overcharge to speed energy regen. That will literally kill everything on your screen including your frame rate.
To play him 'correctly' simply spam infestors. It's the only unit he has that has value. All others are basically worse versions of existing units.
05/24/2019 05:04 PMPosted by Sticer
That will literally kill everything on your screen including your frame rate.

My favourite part of the game.
Stetmann is secretly a distant descendant of Lucio. Was this not the first thing everyone noticed?

Honestly, Stetmann feels rediculously similar to modern multiplayer Zerg, and the biggest difference is that instead of inject (yuck) he has much more interactive creep, and instead of queens he has Gary.

I have to say, for a terrazine flooded mad scientist, Stetmann REALLY seems to know exactly what he’s doing.
05/24/2019 05:04 PMPosted by Sticer
Purple pylon power puts infestors at godlike levels creating infinite waves of ravagers and roaches. Healing isn't needed if you have 20+ infestors spamming 6 roaches and a ravager every 4(?) seconds each. I broke 400 units by using overcharge to speed energy regen. That will literally kill everything on your screen including your frame rate.

Everything will die... except air units, those will keep floating overhead, poking harmlessly at timed, non expensive roaches... Maybe Infestors and Corruptors?
05/26/2019 03:04 AMPosted by Andminus
Everything will die... except air units, those will keep floating overhead, poking harmlessly at timed, non expensive roaches... Maybe Infestors and Corruptors?

Nope. Mini-ravagers auto-cast corrosive biles and AI is not dodging, so air will die too. Only DTs and Lurkers will remain (also Ghosts until they run out of energy and maybe Banshees, if they recognize a threat and cloak). Swarm Hosts die to splash as ravagers target their locusts.
05/26/2019 06:44 AMPosted by Alex
Nope. Mini-ravagers auto-cast corrosive biles and AI is not dodging, so air will die too. Only DTs and Lurkers will remain (also Ghosts until they run out of energy and maybe Banshees, if they recognize a threat and cloak). Swarm Hosts die to splash as ravagers target their locusts.

Super Gary makes an excellent detector so even those get cleaned up if you use gary to really push his stetalites,
One thing I didn't realize until today is the green overcharge will give your units Shields even before the enemy attacks them (unlike the Nova version). So it's good to overcharge a little before the enemy wave gets to you.
It helps if you have a co-operative ally who can see what you're doing rather than chasing them around with Gary. But yes... overcharge, overcharge, overcharge. I personally find blue overcharge to be the most deadly because it provides an attack speed boost, which works wonders for pretty much anyone, but especially for commanders like Raynor who already attack quickly. Purple overcharge is not as useful, but has niche uses if you have an Alarak or Artanis ally who have Ascendants or Templar/Archons. Then green overcharge is good when you have a zerg ally, although depending on if they have large numbers of melee units or not, I may prefer blue overcharge instead (buffed Kerrigan Hydralisks are lethal!)