Co-Op Mutation #158: Infection Detected

Co-op Missions Discussion
Managed to win after a few tries with a Abather/Zeratul combo. Mend let me keep being aggressive without worrying about the explosions too much and toxic nests were good for slowing down the initial waves of infested. Zeratul's monoliths are good for holding out against the enemy waves going after the transport. Tough, but doable.
05/13/2019 06:58 AMPosted by Vindicare
Pretty easy week. All you REALLY have to do have a commander that can defend the infested with minimal units or structures and then play the map out as normal, the other mutations hardly matter once you're actually out on the map.

I played Swann and on my first shot got an Abathur ally. The map hardly felt any different to either of us. The bombs don't hurt enough so that Abathur's units feel it, and Swann can obviously mow down everything before it even gets close.

Might have been harder if we had an air comp that could avoid Abathur's mines, but it wouldn't have changed much.

The Fire Turret makes a huge difference. It looks like it can take several explosions and heal itself back up. For a couple of hundred minerals, you can surround your expo and not have to worry about them much. Same with the pod.
Did it as Karax with my buddy playing Tychus.

Split my unit cost/structure mastery 50/50, built defenses for both expansions and mainly went for Colossi/Carrier with full upgrades. Comp was Terran bio.

Had to skip the first bonus due to my long buildup-time, but got the 2nd one.
The Infested were never an issue.

Our first two attempts were Zergs with mass lings. That was a mess.
05/13/2019 06:58 AMPosted by Vindicare
Pretty easy week. All you REALLY have to do have a commander that can defend the infested with minimal units or structures and then play the map out as normal, the other mutations hardly matter once you're actually out on the map.

I played Swann and on my first shot got an Abathur ally. The map hardly felt any different to either of us. The bombs don't hurt enough so that Abathur's units feel it, and Swann can obviously mow down everything before it even gets close.

Might have been harder if we had an air comp that could avoid Abathur's mines, but it wouldn't have changed much.

Hey maybe that's a good partnership. I just had a Swann + Abathur and I kept bouncing around 200 to the very end and it looked like he did too. We got Sky Zerg, prolly one of the hardest too due to enemy count. I pumped a lot of Cyclone with a handful of Science Vessels and Hellbats to support. And build a bunch of Fire Turrets as I could. The Cyclones are good at avoiding a lot of the damage, even from melee enemies. And Abathur's big units look like they can tank a lot of it.
05/13/2019 12:09 PMPosted by Nephalem
Artanis shall be a good savior and tanker.

Will agree on that. I had an Artanis partner and had like 200 or near like forever. I was Swann and coupled it with SV/SCV healing as well as Defensive Matrix as well with 2 rows of Science Vessels which helped a bit I guess.
05/13/2019 02:56 AMPosted by ChadThunderc
lol self destruct+broodling=impossible

why not put locust+self destruct, or ranged terrans+self destruct? broodlings are impossible.

With some micro or AoEs (like siege tanks) it’s perfectly doable, as always it’s way more hard that it should be if you are playing on solo queue
Zerg is the worst ai composition do this mutation. Too much broodlings that explodes in your face is not fun. For Tychus, Rob can tank a lot of Aberration coming to Aurana. I use Tychus, Kev, Sirius,Rob and Sam in that order.
05/14/2019 08:33 AMPosted by tarocimdar
Zerg is the worst ai composition do this mutation. Too much broodlings that explodes in your face is not fun. For Tychus, Rob can tank a lot of Aberration coming to Aurana. I use Tychus, Kev, Sirius,Rob and Sam in that order.

The 2 wins I got vs. Sky Zerg are near 5,000 units at the end of the game. o.0
All Commanders is live https://youtu.be/4OOGHlXO6cc
What's so great about Tycus in the Commander of the Week polls. He's at the top with a big lead while he can't seem to defend and attack at the same time, let alone cover his base decently.

And Swann is near the bottom, but can like use any build + cheapest Turret and play like it's a normal game just with more stuttering. Maybe even minimal with mass Tanks if it's heavy ground.
05/15/2019 11:18 AMPosted by rasmasyean
What's so great about Tycus in the Commander of the Week polls. He's at the top with a big lead while he can't seem to defend and attack at the same time, let alone cover his base decently.
I don't know if he is the best, but his defenses are sufficient. You want to make a wall from his buildings and put turrets behind. It was good enough for Tychus solo.
I had a game with CruelAngel where we were both very clearly not playing at our best, against air zerg, and we lost on the last ship with like 10 seconds left on the timer. Feels bad, man.

Fun mutation, I look forward to trying it again.