GSL Code S S2 Group 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
i'm honestly not surprised right now. everyone knows protoss is broken.
The King returns. One of the best, most entertaining players is back and some people can't help but cry about balance.

Parting is a gift to this community.
https://twitter.com/LamboSC2/status/1129709218381144066
05/24/2019 11:02 PMPosted by Archy
https://twitter.com/LamboSC2/status/1129709218381144066

(kappa)
05/24/2019 10:56 PMPosted by Cazdog
The King returns. One of the best, most entertaining players is back and some people can't help but cry about balance.

Parting is a gift to this community.

considering how broken protoss is right now?
we aren't even halfway through the round of 16 and protoss has ALREADY got what would be considered "Good" represenation in the round of 8.
Gumiho beat Dear in the first game! Great job, Gumiho! Let's hope he keeps this up!
i feel like dear is being paid to throw these games so protoss doesn't look completely imba.
05/24/2019 11:19 PMPosted by Instinctz
i feel like dear is being paid to throw these games so protoss doesn't look completely imba.

Crazy Terran whiners think anything is real as long as it makes Protoss imba in the end.
Great job, Gumiho! I'm so glad he won! Nice!

I do feel sorry for Dear. Look at how devastated he is. He is one of the Protoss I'm more favorable toward, at least he doesn't trash-talk or cheese like Parting.

Crazy Terran whiners think anything is real.

i'm not a terran fan.
and frankly given the way dear played you have to question how he even made it to the round of 16 and won his group.

not going to lie, Dear played extremely uncharacteristically bad. I haven't seen such a known strong player do so poorly, ever. It is weird.

Crazy Terran whiners think anything is real.

i'm not a terran fan.
and frankly given the way dear played you have to question how he even made it to the round of 16 and won his group.

I think he had a bad day. He was thrown off by SoO's cheese, and was not mentally all right to deal with Gumiho's early aggression. He made mistakes, and paid for it. He's a good player, and gave Maru a run for his money, but he was forced to react to cheese instead of going with his own game plan. He's more of a macro player than a cheese player. Unlike Parting or Has.
05/24/2019 11:22 PMPosted by Lfod
Crazy Terran whiners think anything is real as long as it makes Protoss imba in the end.

Regarding your messages history you're definitly one the biggest and unproductive whiner here. Maybe spend more time on the game and not on this forum ...
05/24/2019 11:25 PMPosted by CrusaderKing

not going to lie, Dear played extremely uncharacteristically bad. I haven't seen such a known strong player do so poorly, ever. It is weird.

Protoss functions on a strategic level in PvT and when you make the wrong calls you just fall apart. Terran is the most consistent tournament-winning race for a good reason. The race has very little strategy and it's all about split-second decisions like split micro. This means there aren't scenarios where Terrans will just face-plant into the concrete, but rather each scenario has a way to salvage it as long as you execute properly.
05/24/2019 11:25 PMPosted by CrusaderKing

exactly. he didn't scout at all against soo.
no harassment in any of the games he played.
he expanded slower then gumiho did in game 2.
he walked his collosi right into liberation zones...
05/24/2019 11:26 PMPosted by ByunJovi
05/24/2019 11:22 PMPosted by Lfod

Regarding you messages history you're definitly one the biggest and unproductive whiner here. Maybe spend more time on the game and not on this forum ...

If a Protoss wins it's because imba. If a Terran beats a Protoss it's because the Protoss player was paid to throw the game or just played bad.

Did I get the narrative right? I can join the whine club. Sorry if I can't take that mentality seriously because it's childish.
05/24/2019 11:26 PMPosted by tEhbAtZ
Protoss functions on a strategic level in PvT and when you make the wrong calls you just fall apart.

Every race.

The race has very little strategy and it's all about split-second decision making.

Even if this were true (which its not), split-second decision making is strategic play. They aren't mutually exclusive.
05/24/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Lfod
If a Protoss wins it's because imba. If a Terran beats a Protoss it's because the Protoss player was paid to throw the game or just played bad.

Did I get the narrative right? I can join the whine club. Sorry if I can't take that mentality seriously because it's childish.

Ouin ouin ?
05/24/2019 11:29 PMPosted by Lfod
Regarding you messages history you're definitly one the biggest and unproductive whiner here. Maybe spend more time on the game and not on this forum ...

so explain to me then
why dear didn't scout at all against soo.
why he was constantly behind in macro against gumiho when protoss should always be ahead.
why he didn't wall in.
why he walked collosi into liberation zones.

you're talking about a guy who was in a finals against Maru last year who looked like a bronze league today.

explain.
For God's sake, nobody claimed that Parting beat Gumiho because Protoss was overpowered against Zerg. It was because Gumiho made a damned mistake in the third game!