Stetman unit comp ideas

Co-op Missions Discussion
This is just some thoughts I felt like writing down.

F2 A- would be the Ling-hydra being that only Gary would have abilities in this comp, as for AOE options air only has the corrupters, and their missiles which require a 2nd unit to micro, ground has banes which have no ability, lurkers which require micro (to burrow and use both it’s abilities), ultra, which burrow charge while helpful can be ignored in some cases. if you go for ling-bane-hydra, don’t even bother with purple field, unless your hydras run out of energy, the lings and banes will be remade at a consistent enough rate taht they won’t run out of energy often. Enagaements happen under fields offten, or force it by deploying durring the fight.

Mass festor, would be the laggy comp that is bassicly play stukov, I tend to not have problems with them, but there are two ways to go I guess, either endlessly spawn roaches, and continusly attack, or spawn 2 waves of roaches, then move them out, and wait to spawn another, F2 is more then likely to get your festors killed so be careful, You’ll be spending about 90% of the mid to late game under purple field, so stetalite coverage is only as much as needed, Lings can be used as meat shieds for either roaches or intercept units from attacking festors, (they are treated as spell casters by the enemys, well they are like templar and medics enemy AI will target them first) if you ally goes for energy heavy comps spreading stetalites to help their push could help, and gary can overcharge for either army in that case.

Mass air isn’t bad, but Battlecarrier Lords are dissapointing, this comp will spend most of the time in purple fields only for the BCLs as they need energy to attack, in my oponion either broodlings need to be a free ability or they should add a BC auto attack onto the unit as it’s basic attack. Corrupters would be the unit that gets the most micro as they AOE splash ability is good, and BCLs are competent at attacing ground targets, so corrupter 2nd ability isn’t needed, the stetmato cannon can be helpful if you ever have energy for it. Blue field to help the BCLs move, but purple overcharge so they can actually attack.
I've been playing mostly Zergling/Corruptor + ~10 Infestors. The choice of Zergling/Corruptor has been for a range of reasons, though:

• It plays nicely with allies, as it has a fairly low footprint and doesn't get in the way of Marines/Reapers/Adepts/etc.
  • It's easy – I'm still learning Stetzone control and Gary use.
  • I'm in a honeymoon period with Corruptors that can do something vs. ground.
  • The three Amon compositions right now don't counter it very well.
  • It's very mobile and handles objective DPS well.

As for adding a few Infestors, they're just extremely fun and effective... and mass Infestor is a bit... much.
I've been running the Ling/Hydra comp, and it's been performing fairly well. The Zerglings are more durable than you might expect with the shield upgrade, and if you get a Karax or Artanis ally, they seem to cause a lot of damage before they die. The Hydras are fantastic, they do a ton of AA damage that's great for focusing down objectives or countering the SkyTerran or SwarmyZerg comps. With the unit refunds and high economy from the speed aura, they're like a less-suicidal Zagara.
As much fun as roach spam is, I find a deathball with Ultra / hydra / zergling extremely effective. Ultras tank like a mofo, hydras clean up air, and lings tear through everything else. Can throw in some banes once supply capped.

Regardless of what your comp is, though, any attack into a base or super heavy wave needs three things.
1) Turn on Super Gary's field generator.
2) Drop a stetelite or two.
3) Overcharge one of the stetelites.
Do this, and he's virtually impossible to lose with. Keep dropping stetelites as you push, throw triple energy balls out where needed, and you blink and the base is gone.
05/25/2019 05:07 PMPosted by Elyssaen
I've been playing mostly Zergling/Corruptor + ~10 Infestors. The choice of Zergling/Corruptor has been for a range of reasons, though:

• It plays nicely with allies, as it has a fairly low footprint and doesn't get in the way of Marines/Reapers/Adepts/etc.
  • It's easy – I'm still learning Stetzone control and Gary use.
  • I'm in a honeymoon period with Corruptors that can do something vs. ground.
  • The three Amon compositions right now don't counter it very well.
  • It's very mobile and handles objective DPS well.

As for adding a few Infestors, they're just extremely fun and effective... and mass Infestor is a bit... much.

Best to dump gas into ultras after getting the 8 or so corruptors you need to insta basically any air wave and then some. Extra corruptors don't accomplish much and ultras can actually double as AA for isolated targets. Plus, it preserves the low footprint by using only melee units.

This comp does feel fairly strong due to its absurd resilience. I suspect that won't apply to mutators, but I'm certainly going to test it vs avenger at the very least.
Noone using banelings?
05/26/2019 01:00 AMPosted by ViS
and ultras can actually double as AA for isolated targets
Wait, they have an anti air attack?

05/26/2019 01:51 AMPosted by Alex
Noone using banelings?

I basically play Zagara comp: ling/bane/corruptor. It's what has been working best against swarmyEveryGame for me. It is also very cheap on the upgrades since all you need is ground melee and armor.

I wish they would hotfix the enemy comp bug so I can experiment more. All in all Stetmann has a good variety of units and I bet there are dozens different and viable comps in there but there are only so many which work against the same type of enemy army.
I tried all the units, and Infestor is so far the most OP unit of his.
- Well-rounded, Ravagers can attack air.
- Cost efficient, rarely need to replace Infestors, and you don't need a lot of them either, need less Overlords, don't even need to build more than 2 Hatcheries.
- Infinite energy, can spam Roaches and Ravagers faster than they can be killed.
- Infestors can sit back much far away and send them in.
- Also, Infestors need only 1 Research to make Ravager, other units need 2 or more Reseaches.
Out of curiosity, how do infestors do at charging battlecarrier lords?
Personally, I use a variation of Ling/Hydra/X every game, where X is either Corruptors (vs Air comps,) or Infestors (vs ground.)

Corruptor's rockets are a joke with how quickly they annihilate clumps of air units and tall objectives, while Infestors give a nice DPS boost with Roach/Ravager spam.

I want to find a way to make Infestor/Ultralisk work vs Mech but... Infestor heals just don't do anything and tend to be shot down. Maybe if they changed the Infestor's heal to not be like Neural Parasite...
Noone using banelings?

I tried them for a while, but they just don't seem worth it? I mean, nothing will ever beat Zagara's Banelings for sheer destructive power, and the only benefit Stet's get that sets them apart is a shield and a jump that helps them get to their targets, which isn't something Zagara ever had a problem with since she could have twice as many plus the mini-Banes. I'll definitely give them another shot once I get to 15, but I don't expect much to change.
05/26/2019 10:55 AMPosted by GhostWhoWalk
Noone using banelings?

I tried them for a while, but they just don't seem worth it? I mean, nothing will ever beat Zagara's Banelings for sheer destructive power, and the only benefit Stet's get that sets them apart is a shield and a jump that helps them get to their targets, which isn't something Zagara ever had a problem with since she could have twice as many plus the mini-Banes. I'll definitely give them another shot once I get to 15, but I don't expect much to change.

Banes still don't do much. The most effective use for them will be vs a swarmy composition. They drain the hell out of your gas that could be put toward other units like BattleCarrier Lords, Hydras, or Infestors.