Please give Swann better detection options

Co-op Missions Discussion
So, right now the only detector Swann has is the Science Vessels. The Problem with the Science Vessel is, that it's very slow(2.25 Movement Speed). If the AI has a decent amount of cloaked units(e.g. Banshee or DT) you can not safely use the Hercules Blink or use any of the faster units as you risk losing them to cloaked units.
It feels like this really obvious weakness in Swanns arsenal and makes it very unfun to face off against certain unit compositions. By giving maybe a teleport to the science Vessel a Detector Upgrade to the Hercules or even just adding a Movement Speed upgrade to the Science Vessel this Commander would be much more well rounded.
No

• Make Hercules transport air units.
  • Give Omegaworms the same ability.
  • Remove Omegaworms the silly ability to detect.
Swann's detector is his medic and it's a core unit. Doesn't get much better than that.

The solution to your problem is "don't use Herc vs mass Banshee or DT"
Or just teleport Hercules alone for vision and use a nuke.
i agree with you. they could give him the orbital command so that he can use scanner sweep.
Sci-vessels certainly could use a bit of speed by means of the current upgrades. Some ppl also suggested tatical jump. It's irritating losing such expensive and heavy gas units even if you set them on a special ctrl group.
05/28/2019 05:40 AMPosted by Dereck
Swann's detector is his medic and it's a core unit. Doesn't get much better than that.

Or just use herc because otherwise his tanks are completely useless (except for infested maps) and do pickup micro and such while the vessels scramble over.

Or if you really want, you can just jump SCVs in the herc and insta-build a missile turret.
There is no build where some amount science vessels aren't useful to have. The only time the science vessels can't keep up with the army is with a herc tac jump. Beyond the first set of herc tanks the amount of micro it takes is crazy, so near all players tend to shift over to another set of units after that's complete.

End game I find stack of goliath and science vessels tend to work better in most situations anyway, though microing the tanks behind that does help.

Let's be honest here, Swann has it good compared to a lot of commanders for detection. If you want bad, look at either Vorazun and Kerrigan pre-rework.
Include SCV's in your transport(s). I don't understand why players overlook this aspect of Swann. It's a talent that you get free repairs as well as multi-construction. Unless you drop right on top of DT's... a group pf SCV's can build a Missile Turret in like 5 seconds give or take. Drop some Thors to tank for it if you have to...or Cannon Barrage themselves to kill the DT's. The weakness is that if they have Templar's they will use it against you SCV's and you have to pick them back up.

Swann and the Hercules is one of the most powerful "combo units" in the game. It doesn't need any buffs. No one else can peek-a-boo drop AoE long range whatever like him. It takes a bit of skill to pull off consistently, but when you do it...let's face it. That's such a cheese its almost an exploit. The only reason why I think they haven't given a cooldown on the Hercules insta-drop-pick is because not a whole lot of players have the control skill to do it. If it was MP, it would be nerfed like crazy.
05/28/2019 10:27 AMPosted by WireBender
05/28/2019 05:40 AMPosted by Dereck

Or just use herc because otherwise his tanks are completely useless (except for infested maps) and do pickup micro and such while the vessels scramble over.

Or if you really want, you can just jump SCVs in the herc and insta-build a missile turret.
I've never touched Hercs, except for Mutations on Miner Excavation. In that case, when a ship evacuates or dies, the next attack wave is practically already on top of the next evacuation ship to be defended. Helps to teleport in, drop your mech units, and be able to defend that spot ASAP. If you have a Pulse Cannon or Concentrated Beam ready, ideally use that to clear that spot prior to dropping your units.

Otherwise, Concentrated Beam and Pulse Cannon can be used in a pinch to hit burrowed and/or cloaked units without detection, although due to their long cd's, better to not just use them solely vs. cloaked/burrowed units.

SV already cost 100/200/2. Don't know if an upgrade for speed would warrant raising their cost. As is, I treat this "as a feature, not a bug". You're meant to have to plan ahead due to the SV's slower speed (not unlike Os and Obs really. Even though they're faster, they still take time to cover larger portions of the map). I'm biased b/c I don't use Hercules, but doesn't seem like one is meant to be able to transport the SV with them.
05/28/2019 12:01 PMPosted by ackmondual
I've never touched Hercs, except for Mutations on Miner Excavation

Hercs are excellent to provide instant vision for a nuke. That's what I use them for always.
So a flying detector that can heal, protect your mech and kill bio is not good enough eh ? :D