New Patch with no notes?

General Discussion
I just launched SC2 today and it started patching (I was playing yesterday, so I am on the current 1.2.0 patch). The patch notes were:

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.2.0

General

Battle.net Chat Channels have been added! Players can now join others in both public and private channels.
Added in-game chat bar command to whisper to other players. Using the "/w" command will open up a list of available friends, party members, chat channels, and other players within your current game.

etc. etc.

Wasn't this the old patch that came out a month or so ago? What is new in the new patch? Or did my client get bugged?
I just launched the game and the version number is now 1.2.1.17682 - I hadn't paid attention for the patch before. Was it different?
This should be patch 1.2.1 and we'll make sure we get the current notes up for you shortly. They are relatively the same as the PTR notes we had up previously.
Aha, Thanks for the quick reply.
Are all of the maps in the PTR now in the ladder pool?
Not that i see. Apparently you can see them now though. Hopefully they put them in the pool soon.
Relevant Patch notes:

Gameplay Balance:
- No changes.

This will hold true until new maps make the rotation.
02/15/2011 8:50 AMPosted by Flotoss

Not as of yet. They'll be added at a future point in time.
02/15/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Nethaera

Any word on whether or not GSL/ICCup maps are going to be considered for ladder?
02/15/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Nethaera

GSL Maps by any chance :P?
So is it confirmed that all of the maps from PTR are going into the ladder map pool eventually?
02/15/2011 10:13 AMPosted by Gentso
So is it confirmed that all of the maps from PTR are going into the ladder map pool eventually?
"

Really hope not! They are so imbalanced :(

(Edit- Just to clarify) Additional maps are in consideration at this point in time as well. (As always.) I can't comment on any specifics as of yet.

Is there any reason why patches routinely launch without the most recent patch notes in the launcher?

It just seems odd, it almost always causes people to ask what the heck is going on, question if it's a real patch.. threads just like this.

And it seems odd because you put the patch notes out shortly thereafter anyhow. You probably have them already compiled before you even launch the patch. Wouldn't it make more sense to actually have them be right there, up to date, in the launcher, with the current patch?

It would avoid confusion.

We're working to rectify this for the future. We definitely want to make sure that when you're downloading a patch, you know what you're installing and what it entails.

Really hope not! They are so imbalanced :(

We've taken a lot of feedback on these and are working to make additional changes as necessary for when we do add these in. I can't confirm that all of the tested maps will make it or not as of yet. It just depends on if the issues that were tested and found can be corrected or not. We definitely appreciated all of the feedback from testers while these were on the PTR.

These are in consideration at this point in time as well.

Awesome!

What about the possibility of being able to play unranked 1v1 games where we can choose the race of our opponent and a particular map pool, and then be matched based on our mmr.
Is there any reason why patches routinely launch without the most recent patch notes in the launcher?

I just patched, and the 1.2.1 patch notes were in the launcher. In most cases, people aren't looking. You can tell when people ask questions that are answered in a sticky post that has the same name as what they are asking.

At any rate, they're on the PTR forum and they really didn't change much. It seems to be mostly bug fixes.

These are in consideration at this point in time as well.

Whaaa? Oh snap. Someone go spread the news!