I am getting really tired of crashing...

Mac Technical Support
So, I have to say, I am getting VERY tired of the game crashing at random points throughout my gameplay. I've had it crash during loading screens, when I swap between Armory/Cantina/Bridge/Lab, during Campaign missions, right after AI games (I even won a game, it gave me the 'Victory!' box, then crashed, and it didn't count my win), and I am sooo tired of it! It doesn't even freeze or lock up my system or anything. One second I'm playing, and the very next instant I'm back at my desktop, seeing the 'Send Error Report' screen.

I really hope we get our fix soon. I've probably sent 12+ error reports to Blizzard, but it seems like there is still no fix.

And, I love the game! I just wish I could play it more.

p.s. Am I the only 15" 2009 MacBook Pro owner in the whole world that didn't get thee 9600m? I feel really embarrassed, as I didn't know when I bought them that you could purchase one that came with both. I check my 'conserve energy' or whatever it is, and I don't have the option to swap between the two. Sadface.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.49f2

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3448

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F569)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.4.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Can I just say that, when I posted this thread, it was because I had just crashed and I was sick of it. Now, 40 minutes later...I crashed again. Super lame. I would attach the Error Report, but it's waaaaaaay above the 50,000 character limit, and I just don't feel like cutting/pasting 4 or 5 replies.
Greetings, all!

Your MBP only has one video chipset in it, yes. And, no, it's not the best of cards, particularly since it's integrated. It also only has 256MB of VRAM, which will fill up rather quickly if you're running on High-Ultra settings. Try dialing your settings down to Medium or even Low to see if it alleviates the crashing.

And, as for where I've been the last 2 days, my "weekend" is Wed/Thurs. And, since Rad has moved on to other opportunities, I'm the only Mac blue so there is no coverage those days.
I have the same laptop as the OP and mine crashes regardless of settings. I am not using the default 9400M but changed my energy settings to higher performance to take advantage of the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT.

As well I've done a fresh combo update of 10.6.4, booted into safe mode (disk checks / cleans caches), repaired permissions.

I play on default medium settings.
Same laptop, same crashes, but I believe I had a too high a resolution on my external 24" (1920x1080) - tonight I will try just playing on the laptop screen and see if this resolves anything.
This is great that all three are working together in congregation with the release of this game. Any other sources?
The random crashes on NVIDIA cards is a known issue and one in which will be resolved in the near future. I can't give a specific timeline on the fix unfortunately because it is not my information to share. This is a fix that is coming from Apple and NVIDIA. I understand the crashes are frustrating, but please know that Blizzard, Apple, and NVIDIA are aware of this issue and a fix should be coming soon.

We just all wish the "timeline" would have been before the game was released.
Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but as a Blizzard customer, the Customer Experience has really been rough for us Mac users this past week.

Looking forward to the updates.
Greetings, all!

Your MBP only has one video chipset in it, yes. And, no, it's not the best of cards, particularly since it's integrated. It also only has 256MB of VRAM, which will fill up rather quickly if you're running on High-Ultra settings. Try dialing your settings down to Medium or even Low to see if it alleviates the crashing.

And, as for where I've been the last 2 days, my "weekend" is Wed/Thurs. And, since Rad has moved on to other opportunities, I'm the only Mac blue so there is no coverage those days.

I realize this is kind of a bump, but I wanted to reply to this by saying that I understand my integrated card isn't very good, and I have been playing the game on super-duper low settings, no programs running in the background, and still I get this issue. It happened to me twice this evening already.
I remember a news from steam that the latest OSX update made some games to crash or bug or not run properly, maybe that messes up with SC2, I have the MBP 15" 2009 with both Nvidia cards, I am using the 9600M GT, I didn't update to 10.6.4 and I haven't had any crash at all.
Have you checked your temperatures to see if overheating is causing it?