SC2 killed my computer

Mac Technical Support
I downloaded Starcraft 2 and played a few hours on launch day and went to bed. The next day, my wonderful, two-year-old iMac was completely, totally dead--I could turn the computer on and off and the power light would come on, but got no sign of life on my monitor (which is part of the computer's all-in-one design).

I can't even reboot from an OS DVD, since there's no display at all. I have not had any difficulties with this computer in the past.

It's hard to believe but my computer, and all the files on it ,are completely gone. Have tried apple tech support but they're not very hopeful. I hope a Blizzard tech person reads this and tries to imagine what I'm going through.

Since then I have read that Blizzard is "not supporting" macs with intel chips, which may have been the root cause of the problem.

Regardless of whether that decision was the best one or not, wouldn't it have been better to be more careful? With a game that's been in development for years, why would Blizzard allow such a vulnerability for one of Apple's best-selling products?

I'm not trying to be accusatory here. I'm really just at a loss. I had really been looking forward to SC2, and now not being able to play it is the least of my problems.

Can anyone offer me help or advice?
Just got a call from my brother at Apple support. Could be a busted graphics card or a fried logic board. He doesn't know for sure, because when he hooked up his computer to mine, his apparently got fried.

At this point, I can't help but laugh.

I know I had system 10.4, but don't know and can't access other technical specs.

I've kept my computer in good shape and not exposed it to any malware or bad software (as far as I know).

Not trying to blame Blizzard for this, but I would like to keep the post up--if other people encounter the problem, it may be a legitimate issue. If not, maybe it's just my bad luck.

lol heres the deal kid! update everything apple sends to you every time they send something to you LOL cuz new drivers come and if SC2 is patched for those and if you dont have em your going to lose a lot of money lol!
Just got a call from my brother at Apple support. Could be a busted graphics card or a fried logic board. He doesn't know for sure, because when he hooked up his computer to mine, his apparently got fried.

If his mac fried after connecting to yours it might be a short.
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/starcraft-ii-menu-screen-are-overheating-pcs-20100729/

Maybe this is the culprit ?
& Apple care is slow as hell..my iMac 27" i7 went in for a bad Super Drive and it has yet to be repaired. ( 11 days and counting..)
If you want to save your data, see if you can take out the hd from the computer. I did that with a couple of my gf's previous laptops. I fit them into a cheap enclosure that permits internal hds to be used as externals and saved all her data. Good luck.

And I'm surprised you didn't upgrade to 10.6. The performance is better and it actually frees up several gigs of hard drive space.
Yeah the whole still on 10.4 worries me for this one. Minimum states 10.5.8 and with different codes being used and old driver sets you never know what will happen (then again with 10.6.4 you never know what will happen with the new ones too).
SC2 has overheated my iMac badly. It still runs, but it's more temperamental now. I recently learned that there are fan control apps to download to speed up fan speed beyond Apple's too-low and too-slow-to-speed-up defaults, and I'd do that if I were you when you get your computer fixed. Also, external drives are pretty cheap, and Time Machine will back up to them easily. Always have a backup.