Season Lock In Effect - Games Still Count

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
dam! i feel like i was so close to getting promoted too! lol oh well, now ill have to wait untill next season, 1st place in my division here i come!

What happens in terms of the opponents you play? For example, ive been playing diamond lvl players lately, will i still play players at this lvl due to my mmr? or will it be restricted to only players in my league?

Absolutely nothing changes except for the fact you can't be promoted until next week. So if the system thinks you're good enough to battle diamond players, that won't change. Same goes for if you start losing all your matches, the system will pair you down against less skilled players, as usual.

If you are in need of a league change, this will happen at the start of the new season.
I like this. Makes for a little indirect competition with your division rivals even though you likely wont ever play directly against them.

I got playoff fever!
Wait so we all get 1 new placement match to determine if we stay in our league or not??? Im 2 in bronze, does that mean that if i win that 1 placement match, i get to be in silver?
When are they being reset?
Posted by TheRooR
How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW

In StarCraft II there's a hidden skill rating which is used for matchmaking and league placement. This number carries over from season to season. Your games literally continue to count during the lock, but thank you for your feedback.

ohhh nice response.
Sweet Icons are worthwhile.
03/22/2011 2:31 PMPosted by Daogin
When are they being reset?

Tuesday of next week.

03/22/2011 2:19 PMPosted by Ahsanb
Wait so we all get 1 new placement match to determine if we stay in our league or not??? Im 2 in bronze, does that mean that if i win that 1 placement match, i get to be in silver?

No, the placement match is more to see who is still active or not and you will be placed where you belong. Meaning, if you were bronze and this week, your play hasn t changed much, you will stay in bronze even if you win the placement match. But if this week, you beat lots of silver and don't lose too much to bronze, yes, there is a chance you will get into a higher league when the ladder reset.

It has everything to do with your hidden rating and not much with if you lose or win the placement match.

To make a long story short, the only thing that changes is if you were about to change leagues in the lock-down period, it will happen at the reset. That s it :) (should've said that at the beginning instead of writing a novel :P )
I just promoted yesterday to gold, so at least this week i'm going to be gold.

however......what about the achievements?? if i have 499 wins and the next season blizzard clear my numbers, do i need to win another 500 matches to get my reward?
Im totally confused about the milestone thing. I thought that the icons for being in a division change during the seasons which make it easier for people looking at your profile. Does this mean that if you get to rank 8 after the new season starts, it still wont show the new icon?
I don't understand how you acculate points, it some have played a fewer games however they more points than me.
wait so is our win loss record reset?

or win record whatever.

I just want to know.
Hey Blizzard,

Although the icons and all look really neat, they just aren't all that interesting. Is this really the only incentive to play in the ladder beyond general skill improvement? Where are some more interesting rewards or, more importantly, actual end-of-season tournaments which were teased all the way back in the beta? What's the point of even having a season if it's not building up to any kind of end-of-season event? Icons are neat and all, but they are ultimately a very shallow reward.

Also, is there any ETA on when we might be able to view and share replays with friends on Battle.net? This would not only help tournaments that cast from a replay file, but it would also drastically reduce how annoying it is to pull a replay file from your account folder and then send it to a friend.

I'm happy to see progress being made -- some of it being very cool stuff -- but I have to admit that I expected a lot more core features for SC2 & particularly Battle.net 2.0 this far post-release.

Nonetheless, thanks for the continued hard work! SC2 is a challenging and fun multiplayer game. :D
All numbers are reset in terms of W/L after next week?
jw.
I agree with MikeJer about end-of-season tournaments. Heck, just some kind of system where players of the same league can enter a random tourney (if they've been in their league for X amount of time to keep people from intentionally getting demoted) would make me start playing this game again.

More importantly to the future of Starcraft, it would make people, even non-gamers, who don't otherwise give a care start paying attention. It's exciting when your friend is in a tournament, and it makes you want to watch.

This, or Blizz could pull a Team Fortress 2 and give workers special hats as a reward for division/league placement.
this is off topic but is the patch being canceled> The system is shutting down in about 15 minutes.
why did u guys get rid of the losses count? its kinda nice to keep track of how your doing/how many games your are playing... not liking the new setup u guys got here...
When does the season end and the new season start?
Season starts and ends on Tuesday next week based on the other people's comment.
Just curious though on what Reboot has said. Atm, i'm in the Silver League, and recently have been beating Gold league rankers several times, a win streak of 6, but several of those matches were before the lock-down week. Would they still be accounted to raise my rank to Gold or would I have to play more during the lock-down week? Just wondering about this since I don't feel like ruining my chances of being in Gold xD...
03/22/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Bashiok
How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW

In StarCraft II there's a hidden skill rating which is used for matchmaking and league placement. This number carries over from season to season. Your games literally continue to count during the lock, but thank you for your feedback.

I love how you handle trolls lol, you're pretty professional sir!