Season Lock In Effect - Games Still Count

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Bashiok, your patience is truly impressive.
What would be fun is if during the season lock you would be unable to play opponents outside of your division, so you could actually have division tiers, instead of what we have now which is tiered masters and bronze, and everything else is all at one point value
How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW

In StarCraft II there's a hidden skill rating which is used for matchmaking and league placement. This number carries over from season to season. Your games literally continue to count during the lock, but thank you for your feedback.

I think the complaint was about the fact that we can no longer see how many games we played. It has nothing to do with league placement or the rating we have. It strikes me as a really strange move. I would really like to know how many games I played. To be honest, I don't care about the number of wins showing up on my profile page, or the number of losses. That stuff can stay on the league page (how it is or however else). But I like to know how many games I played. It tells me how much of my life I spent on the game :D

Giving it to masters players suddenly creates this new motivation to try to get into master's league. But that's never going to happen for me :(

His complaint is also about the number of wins shown on the profile page. The number of wins shown is only for the best league he is in, not for all his 3v3 and 2v2 and 4v4 matches. So someone with 1700 wins over several leagues with different teams suddenly has a profile page that shows up with only 150 wins in total. It's one of those changes that doesn't seem to benefit anyone. If we want to know a player's best league results, we just click on the league icon anyway. What's the point of hiding so much information?
It's worth it though. Why not grab a sweet icon?
03/22/2011 11:36 AMPosted by TheRooR
How are the games literally going to COUNT when u whiped everyones records and ratios clean, STUPIDEST idea ever wow thank so much for this horrible thought WOW

That's almost like asking "How can a program still be running when it's minimized?"
dumb question, my "points" are 156 my wins are 115 there are two players ahead of me with the same points but waaay less wins, how come they are 28 and 27th? Is it because of that hidden rating system? Not into the tech aspects of the game, only recently did I start playing for position so a lot of this stuff is new to me, any help?
03/25/2011 1:11 AMPosted by Pundy
dumb question, my "points" are 156 my wins are 115 there are two players ahead of me with the same points but waaay less wins, how come they are 28 and 27th? Is it because of that hidden rating system? Not into the tech aspects of the game, only recently did I start playing for position so a lot of this stuff is new to me, any help?

Because a win vs a better opponent gets more points than worse ones. You might have a lot of wins, but if they are vs crappy opponent then you earn only a few of points.
Thank you for your help.
Hey Blizzard

I understand that you guys are letting everyone keep their MMR because a majority of people will probably want to play the same race for the upcoming season, but I don't see anything done for those that want to switch their race for the next season. More specifically, I see no option to reset my MMR or even to create another account with a blank slate. When I switch to zerg, I would much rather start in bronze and grind my way up then get crushed repeatedly in diamond while learning nothing.

Thanks
Got worried for a minute. I'm in a 2v2 Team Bronze League, and we're number 1. This means that after the new season starts we get promoted to Silver?
here's a question. why would i make a final push for the top of my division if that record will just be wiped in a few days? are there prizes or achievements for accomplishing a certain rank by the end of the season?
03/26/2011 2:46 PMPosted by Agent
here's a question. why would i make a final push for the top of my division if that record will just be wiped in a few days? are there prizes or achievements for accomplishing a certain rank by the end of the season?

Yes, you get to permanently keep whichever League Icon you are showing on Tuesday as it becomes a "Milestone". And while some people might prefer not to have a Bronze Milestone, I'm mostly looking at mine as a "I was there when it all began" Milestone.
The games are going to count for both your milestones, and your MMR. So if you want to get a couple place higher in your group or want to work on your MMR so you get promoted at the new season it is worth it
looking forward to tues.

i think a fresh ladder is going to be good for this game. i know Liquid'Tyler said in one of his streaming sessions that he plans on being #1 on the NA ladder.

i hope more high caliber players make that a goal, will be interesting to watch what happens up at the top. :D
03/22/2011 12:34 PMPosted by Bashiok
What happens for new teams who play placement matches?

You'll be placed, but initial placements are generally conservative, so even if you rock your matches don't expect to go above platinum. And of course you'll be stuck there until the new season and a new placement.

It's worth it though. Why not grab a sweet icon?

because the icons suck and any player can get them even if you don't play the game on a daily basis

just look at my league you got me stuck in noobs dont even play anymore but there still top 8
03/22/2011 11:58 AMPosted by Bashiok

In StarCraft II there's a hidden skill rating which is used for matchmaking and league placement. This number carries over from season to season. Your games literally continue to count during the lock, but thank you for your feedback.

and again bashiok trying to back SC2 ideas since they know we will all rage him being a D3 mod and not knowing crap about SC2 you know what you should do for us bashiok? tell them to give us our losses back they can keep there MMR no1 cares but no1 feels like playing this game without seeing our stats
Cool ... that means I have to play (and win) a bunch of 1v1s before next Tuesday to clinch my illustrious position as #2 in my Bronze Division "Valerian Iota". (And win a little bling.)

WooHoo ! I feel like I'm 13 again ... Thanks Blizz! (I'm just slightly sarcastic ... it's all fun)

I feel the same way it just isn't quite as drastic since I am 14
A good idea that you guys should maybe implement (unless there is a way to check i havent see) would be if you added the DATE and TIME that the seasons are locked ON THE MULTI PLAYER QUICK MATCH screen.

Under the rank and division and bonus pool, the date AND time when season 1 ends and season 2 begins. when season 2 ends when season 3 starts and so forth.

just to make it easier and now look around the forums.

thanks for your time again blizzard!