Stop SUBTRACTING from the game, Blizz!

Protoss Discussion
No more amulet. No more fast-ignite void ray. This is ridiculous. Modify the stuff, sure. But taking it away is simply wrong-headed.

Instead of the amulet giving some energy to newly spawned units, why not have it increase the amount of energy the unit can hold?

03/29/2011 2:43 PMPosted by Whosiwhatsis
No more amulet. No more fast-ignite void ray. This is ridiculous. Modify the stuff, sure. But taking it away is simply wrong-headed.

The best part is they only take it away if it isn't Terran. If it's Terran, they just "modify" it.

03/29/2011 2:43 PMPosted by Whosiwhatsis
Instead of the amulet giving some energy to newly spawned units, why not have it increase the amount of energy the unit can hold?

Maybe this would make the placebo EMP "nerf" an almost half-way nerf.
I concur. Just taking away abilities takes away options and makes the game more stale. Surely they can think of some way to modify them!
It's like a video game expansion.

People look forward to new content that makes the game better, nobody looks forward to a game with a bunch of bits that didn't work very well removed which makes it supposedly better.
03/29/2011 5:19 PMPosted by Skaggs
They probably got rid of them because they're too powerful. Stop complaining, the game is in good shape... damn...

I noticed that your portrait is a colossus. Coincidence? I think not.
Here is my opinion on this subject, the perfect game is a game that have holes in them. These "holes" in the game allow players to pull off amazing and crazy stunts, like the Mothership mass recall trick and the archon toilet which are just amazing to watch. But when you start filling in these "holes", countless of undiscovered strategies gets shut down, this will not only affect how much a player enjoys the game but it also affect the attractiveness of the game.

Currently in the game, colossi is the only reliable option, it's powerful but it's not fun to watch or play. Seriously, how is it how when you play or watch 200 games where the exact same thing happens.
The only reason the amulet was worth using was because it made them usable as soon as they were warped in. You obviously didn't need to use it if you didn't know this, so stop whining.

Even if you did, stop whining. There is way more than enough amulet QQ. If Blizz cares at all what we say, they will have already started to address it.
Geez you Protoss just dont get it. (while i cannot speak for terran) Infestors take 50 seconds to spawn, and only with an upgrade they can have 75 energy upon spawning. A high templar spawns almost instantly, and with an upgrade you dont even need to wait to use it. You always need to wait to use an infestor, even with an upgrade. (if you want fungal growth, upgrade especially needed. if you want infested marines, the best example would be spawning a high temp to use feedback, in which case you dont need an upgrade) Therefore, taking away that upgrade makes the two units BALANCED!
03/29/2011 8:07 PMPosted by FreakSheet
Geez you Protoss just dont get it. (while i cannot speak for terran) Infestors take 50 seconds to spawn, and only with an upgrade they can have 75 energy upon spawning. A high templar spawns almost instantly, and with an upgrade you dont even need to wait to use it. You always need to wait to use an infestor, even with an upgrade. (if you want fungal growth, upgrade especially needed. if you want infested marines, the best example would be spawning a high temp to use feedback, in which case you dont need an upgrade) Therefore, taking away that upgrade makes the two units BALANCED!

The KA removal was to balance TvP, apparently terrans felt that a T3 unit was too strong against their T1 unit. If blizzard wanted to balance PvZ, there would be colossi nerf rather than a HT nerf.
Just so you know, mass roaches will wreck HT tech any day.
You don't get it either. WARPGATES ARE OUR SPECIAL RACIAL ABILITY! THEY STILL HAVE COOLDOWNS, THEY JUST COME AFTER! Also who has the longer tech tree + has to research storm and the KA. US. The only wave that comes out faster is the initial wave. Every wave of HT after that takes equally as long as an infestor, and then has to move its slow ass to the battle, and then casts and then since it can't burrow or cloak (or run away) to be used another day it has to merge into an archon FOR 12 SECONDS. AT which point the battle is over.
Balancing Templar vs. Infestor is a false comparison since they don't fill equivalent roles in the Zerg/Protoss armies.

More comparable would be Siege Tanks requiring 40 seconds before siege mode was available to them after construction, or Mutalisks having 40 seconds of immobility post construction.

Khaydarin Amulet *was* overpowered. It wasn't drop defence, it was warping in a band of templar and right out of the box utterly decimating an opponents army with basically 0 preparation beyond a bunch of warp gates on cooldown. Then, if you lost somehow, you could do it again. It was nerfed for the same reason Immortals were removed from Warp Gates - it's just absurd to have that much firepower available at your fingertips like that.

For reference, Storm deals less damage in SC2, but has a higher DPS than it did in SC1. While it also has a lower area covered, better pathing ensures that it will hit more units every single time unless it's dropped on Mutas.

Amulet honestly did warrant a nerf. I would've argued for a 15-25 second cooldown on storm right out of the box so you couldn't just warp -> pwn rather than total removal, but something should have been changed. In the future it's probably going to result in more Templar based Warp Prism play, since their energy regenerates while being carted around. But it also makes Templar reliant on Warp Prisms to be carted around because of their excruciatingly slow movement speed. Infestors are actually a fairly spry unit in the grand scheme of things. Templar, not so much.
03/29/2011 8:23 PMPosted by Jimbo
Khaydarin Amulet *was* overpowered. It wasn't drop defence, it was warping in a band of templar and right out of the box utterly decimating an opponents army with basically 0 preparation beyond a bunch of warp gates on cooldown. Then, if you lost somehow, you could do it again. It was nerfed for the same reason Immortals were removed from Warp Gates - it's just absurd to have that much firepower available at your fingertips like that.

If all it takes is a couple of storms melt your army, that's your fault.
Blizzard uses a surgical shotgun instead of a scalpel.

isnt that what it did in brood war?
Infestors take 50 seconds to spawn, and only with an upgrade they can have 75 energy upon spawning. A high templar spawns almost instantly, and with an upgrade you dont even need to wait to use it.

You are ignoring literally every other stat to declare infestors and HT "balanced" with the amulet removal.

Move speed, move while stealth, HPs, and a tier lower.

Let's ignore the T2 vs T3 issue: If you gave HTs a 2.5 move speed while stealthed like infestors have I promise you the amulet QQ would end overnight.
At least with VR speed they should've kept it in, but made the speed boost a bit more modest instead of going from jalopy to Ferrari in a quick upgrade.
03/30/2011 12:43 PMPosted by DocHoliday
[quote]
WARPGATES ARE OUR SPECIAL RACIAL ABILITY! THEY STILL HAVE COOLDOWNS, THEY JUST COME AFTER!

i was under the impression that 50 seconds was longer than 30 seconds, aka chrono'd HT/DT cooldown.

maybe im wrong

Are people honestly this @#!#ing stupid? Yes I chrono every gate after i warp in a unit.. lol. Look at it this way infestor=t2 and requires no upgrades for fungal, ht=t3 and needs an upgrade for storm.