Is there a plan that WON'T die in 5 seconds?

Protoss Discussion
Every time I try something against terran there's a counter to it. If I get colussi they get Vikings and BattleCruisers. I get voidrays they get vikings. I get HTs, they laugh in my face and kill me with marienes. Can SOMEONE tell me a plan that will work against terran????
build more colussi
03/28/2011 12:31 AMPosted by CGBonez
build more colussi
Don worry about strat at ur level just,focus on improving marco,mainwhile making stalker/zealot/colossi work well enough.
BattleCruisers beat colossi.
and macro means nothing without micro in high bronze. SC noobs aint what they used to be
and macro means nothing without micro in high bronze. SC noobs aint what they used to be

O.o
All the micro u need,is pull bak valuable units thats being attacked,and a-move.
Sure BC beats colossi,but you simply dont let him make them..which is VERY easy to do..even if he can crank out 1-2 off his 1-2base..stalker takes it out.

You don go into a game with the whole thing planned out.You change your start/build to react to ur opponet,say you started off going 3g robo,if you see 7rr coming,you want to get a forge up and get a cannon or 2.Is all about the decision making.
You say,I make colo but he go viking.But from him scouting colo,to him get enough viking takes time,you can either spam colo with superior marco,and just out produce him.Or you can add more stalker into the mix,or you can go HT and make his viking a waste of money.

You want to change your start,if what he is doing is hard countering yours.Is like terran going viking after seeing colo.You needs to adapt to the battliefield situation.They get viking to counter colo?Just make more colo,and add stalker.They get battlecruiser?If the game lasted that long you spamm stalker.

Trust me,If say,you marco like a gold-plat.You WILL beat every single bronze you come across that dont cheese.You can beat probably anything with stalker+colo if your marco is good enough..
03/28/2011 12:01 AMPosted by iDontKnow
Every time I try something against terran there's a counter to it. If I get colussi they get Vikings and BattleCruisers. I get voidrays they get vikings. I get HTs, they laugh in my face and kill me with marienes. Can SOMEONE tell me a plan that will work against terran????

People don't seem to realize that other races are thinking the exact same thing. SURPRISE! THIS GAME HAS UNITS WHICH ARE GOOD AGAINST OTHERS!

Also, HTs are the direct counter to marines...not sure what's happening there.

03/30/2011 6:28 PMPosted by iDontKnow
and macro means nothing without micro in high bronze.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but..."high bronze" is still bronze. Work on your macro.

O.o
All the micro u need,is pull bak valuable units thats being attacked,and a-move.
Sure BC beats colossi,but you simply dont let him make them..which is VERY easy to do..even if he can crank out 1-2 off his 1-2base..stalker takes it out.

You don go into a game with the whole thing planned out.You change your start/build to react to ur opponet,say you started off going 3g robo,if you see 7rr coming,you want to get a forge up and get a cannon or 2.Is all about the decision making.
You say,I make colo but he go viking.But from him scouting colo,to him get enough viking takes time,you can either spam colo with superior marco,and just out produce him.Or you can add more stalker into the mix,or you can go HT and make his viking a waste of money.

You want to change your start,if what he is doing is hard countering yours.Is like terran going viking after seeing colo.You needs to adapt to the battliefield situation.They get viking to counter colo?Just make more colo,and add stalker.They get battlecruiser?If the game lasted that long you spamm stalker.

Trust me,If say,you marco like a gold-plat.You WILL beat every single bronze you come across that dont cheese.You can beat probably anything with stalker+colo if your marco is good enough..

By high bronze, I refer to people that were about to be promoted, and medium bronze as people that literally had terrible everything.

Sorry, but macro isn't enough, even in bronze. You can't just have macro and have crap decision making. I have ~ a goldish/platish macro level, and really, when I saw what high bronze was like, it felt like macro could NEVER fill that void. Why? Because high bronze is where people get mad. These guys have 300+ games going on, and now, they're tired of being bronze/they are portrait farming. In High bronze, there are no zergs. It's terrans and protoss. And you know what the metagame XvP of high bronze is?

Terran - MMM ball, get expo as soon as I attack, pull back, run off 2 bases.

Protoss - 4 gate faster (less than terrans)

Zerg (there are none!)

I mean, at medium bronze, these guys were just toys in front of macro (timing pushes messed up, trying to stay in 1 base for too long, opening with Gateway Forge, etc. etc). Everything is about aggression in high bronze, and ending the game in 10 minutes. And these guys can actually micro their units, unlike what I see in silver. They kite pretty effectively. But they, as you've said, can't take out a strong macro. But getting that macro to pump is intensely hard when you have bad micro. Like, for example, doing a 2 gate robo; you need a colossi out ASAP. Why? Because that terran bio army is coming in at around 7:30. PvP? 4 gates beginning the first warp in at 6minutes (late, but still, fast unless you have a good number of units/good unit collages). These games were not my forte.

So eventually, I realized that the 3 rax was an all in, so I decided to go 1 base colossi, destroy the timing push (1st colossi out at 7:45, only needed a sentry to help), and then expand while attacking.

I suggest that now you're at high bronze, you just learn to scout effectively. You need sentry, stalker, zealot type mixture to hold off a bio build, with robo/stargate help. The zergs in bronze don't know how to play, so you should get free wins off them.

It's mostly due to everyone saying "in bronze, if you do this, no one will be able to counter!", because people who are about to get the promotion are like "HELL YES, I HAVE A KEY INGREDIENT TO WINNING ALL GAMES"
Um...I have friends in bronze. And silver. And gold. Trust me, I can beat them all with macro and (mostly) a-moving. If you think macro isn't enough, you're not macroing well. There was a guy on TL who literally got to diamond JUST by macroing and massing stalkers to prove the point.
Macro will win you pretty much every match ever. Having that extra 1 clossi is a HUGE deal. With a bronze level of macro that is probably the difference between 3 clossi and 8 macro is huge and it is ALL you need to worry about until diamond/masters
How do you know you're really in high bronze? The new season started about 36 hours ago, any points you have just mean you've played more games than other bronze players
03/28/2011 12:01 AMPosted by iDontKnow
I get HTs, they laugh in my face and kill me with marienes

Are your high templars brain dead or something?
/elitist mode
LOL! @ the guy saying macro isn't enough in bronze. your macro clearly isn't very good then.

/nice guy mode
work on your macro and stop complaining about compositions.
03/30/2011 7:06 PMPosted by Rubix
Um...I have friends in bronze. And silver. And gold. Trust me, I can beat them all with macro and (mostly) a-moving. If you think macro isn't enough, you're not macroing well. There was a guy on TL who literally got to diamond JUST by macroing and massing stalkers to prove the point.

Yeah, ROOTDestiny did that also. All he did was macro effectively, and got bronze to masters again.

What I mean is, when you macro, you need to do it efficiently. Either that, or make up for it with micro/better decision making. I faced a diamond player in Mario's Obs in a PvZ and won with a 6 gate +1 timing push. I beat another 1 (though he mained toss) with warp prism harass. I did a 4gate robo +1 push. Protoss is incapable of winning a PvT in the first 7 minutes without 4gating/cannon rushing/2gating because of reactors. At a good timing push for 3rax, you should have about 8 marauders and 9 marines with stim on the way and conc. shells done.

You cannot pump out enough units for that with Toss that early in any league. You need to micro. I'll just pose a question to you: when you vs. your low league friends, do you use forcefields/guardian shields/any of those spells? Do you blink? Because that's micro. If you don't, that's great, so we lead on to this: Do your friends play very risky or play as aggressive as possible? If they play risky, that makes sense (because they know they will lose). If they play aggressive, like 7rr/3rax/4gate, and you don't 4gate, then you HAVE to be microing. Including if you do 3 gate robo/2gate robo/ any robo build.

I'm not saying you're wrong about macro, it's helluva important, what I mean is, surviving that early game is hard as balls without the correct unit composition and being able to play.

PvP is easy, no need to talk about that, since macro capabilities are effectively the same.
/elitist mode
LOL! @ the guy saying macro isn't enough in bronze. your macro clearly isn't very good then.

/nice guy mode
work on your macro and stop complaining about compositions.

I'm in silver, I've already beat bronze with my macro trollface.jpg.
LOL "high bronze" ............................. ... ..............................
Trust me..if you say"His push is killing cuz with the unit I have I need to micro to stop him"Then the problem lies with your macro.You may need some decision making in bronze,but good marco WILL put you ahead.The better marco you got,the less micro you will need.There is a point where your marco will be SO far ahead that all you gotta do is herp derp a-move.

While I agree you need some basic micro like ff,kite,etc..If you work on impoving marco,you will find less and less burden on microing.

Holdoing off say..2rauder+1raine conc rush is kinda hard with 1 zealot+some probe,but if you can get 1stalker+1 zealot out intime,you need lot less micro,and if you get 2stalker+zealot(pretty viable,without sacrfising any eco)then you don even need micro..just a-move.
03/28/2011 12:31 AMPosted by CGBonez
build more colussi