Anyone ever wonder why

Protoss Discussion
Zeratul wears a shawl over his face?

Dude, you're a protoss... you don't have a mouth. You're not exactly hiding any facial features that way.
Maybe thats why ? because he have a mouth...
Why did cowboys wear a scarf around their neck? Maybe his neck/chin gets cold? He is in space after all. ;)
LOL, if you notice, he also has a loincloth.
He's hiding an embarrassing face tattoo he got because of a drunken dare back in college.
04/03/2011 10:37 AMPosted by FireBeard
He's hiding an embarrassing face tattoo he got because of a drunken dare back in college.

It was probably a tattoo of a mouth.
04/03/2011 01:21 PMPosted by KaBoom
It was probably a tattoo of a mouth.

Zing! Well, this thread's finished.

Dude, you're a protoss... you don't have a mouth. You're not exactly hiding any facial features that way.

It's ninja imagery and, yes, still stupid looking. I thought the original protoss hand with two thumbs was cool, but that second thumb got turned into a half@$$ed pseudo-pinky. That and the over-fantasy looking armor and shredded fabric isn't exactly a hallmark of an advanced civilization.
He has bad acne.
Because he's a BAMF and that's what BAMFs do.
leave britney alone
In fact why bother with a chin or jawline on the protoss at all? Now "minor details" like how organisms living off psionic energy are able to gain mass without metabolizing matter is something I'll just have to ignore. But the absense of a mouth but a prominate chin and only less so on the jaw makes no sense. The chin is only on human beings because it's a strong attach point for muscles that are used in speaking.
Zeratul actually had a mouth unlike every other protoss, its just that no one knows it.
The Nerazim lack the fashion sense of the Khalai. Artanis' armor is pretty sweet.

It's ninja imagery and, yes, still stupid looking. I thought the original protoss hand with two thumbs was cool, but that second thumb got turned into a half@$$ed pseudo-pinky. That and the over-fantasy looking armor and shredded fabric isn't exactly a hallmark of an advanced civilization.

I never noticed the Nerazim wearing any armor, and the zealots' armor isn't exactly frilly. Which over-fantasy stuff are you talking about?

EDIT: The Zer'atai (the DTs without veils in-game) deck themselves out in jewelery made from zerg bones. I don't remember any big thing about the Lenassa.
Cuz he looks like a damn baller with it on
04/03/2011 03:21 PMPosted by GrimZ
Because he's a BAMF and that's what BAMFs do.

he's a bamf that has 'bamf' as an ability
04/03/2011 09:59 PMPosted by Mav
Zeratul actually had a mouth unlike every other protoss, its just that no one knows it.

he actually didn't wear the scarf in sc1 or BW... it is a good question, i mean, no toss covered their face until they wanted to make this game look extra cool...
04/03/2011 09:57 PMPosted by Goyathla
In fact why bother with a chin or jawline on the protoss at all? Now "minor details" like how organisms living off psionic energy are able to gain mass without metabolizing matter is something I'll just have to ignore. But the absense of a mouth but a prominate chin and only less so on the jaw makes no sense. The chin is only on human beings because it's a strong attach point for muscles that are used in speaking.

/rant

all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration... we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves... here's tom with the weather...