Help With Void Rays

Zerg Discussion
Hi I play around the board with the races but what ive found is that i like zerg the most. Now I am in gold division for most of my matches but seem to have a huge problem with mass protoss voidrays are there any units that work amazingly well against them or what please help.
I find corruptors work well against them.
Corruptors, hydralisks, take your pick.
ok there key to deal with fast VR i to scout it. If you see double gas before the cybercore(and a lack of a second gateway after ccore keep your drone in his base running around so you havea consistant flow of info and sac and OL if needed) is down you know that VR's are coming your way. Once your pretty sure the VR is coming ( I almost always FE unless I see 2 gates before Ccore) fast track to lair and get hydra's out ASAP. Till then get 2-3 queens and a few spore's are both nat and main. This will easily repel the first wave of rays (usually 3). Then they usually try one more push of 5 VR's you'll easily have 10+ hydra's out by then to deal with it. Meanwhile tech to ultra's incase they go colo stalkers. Then push their base and win. Or you can just go mass roach hydra and push on 1/1 upgrade). I prefer tge ultra's because ultra hydra just @!##s everything short of high temps and a mothership which you can toss down a spire to deal with that.
A couple of corruptors to spread their ability with hydras to wipe the floor with them.

Pitting corruptors directly against void rays isn't an instant win, because void rays do +armor damage. But a couple to soak up some hits (tons of HP) and their ability combined with hydras high dps turns void rays into a pile of blue goo.
A couple of corruptors to spread their ability with hydras to wipe the floor with them.

Pitting corruptors directly against void rays isn't an instant win, because void rays do +armor damage. But a couple to soak up some hits (tons of HP) and their ability combined with hydras high dps turns void rays into a pile of blue goo.

Corruptors are a waste of minerals and gas in ZvP short of seeing a mothership or a metric tons of carriers. If your going air vs VR's your better off spending the min and gas on muta's that won't get ass %@%*d once the VR charges also by the time you get a spire up and corruptors and mutas the VR's will be kicking down your base. Thats why hydra's and queens are the early defense vs VR's and mass hydra or mass muta is the preferred mid and late game units vs VR's.

Corruptors are a waste of minerals and gas in ZvP short of seeing a mothership or a metric tons of carriers. If your going air vs VR's your better off spending the min and gas on muta's that won't get ass %@%*d once the VR charges also by the time you get a spire up and corruptors and mutas the VR's will be kicking down your base. Thats why hydra's and queens are the early defense vs VR's and mass hydra or mass muta is the preferred mid and late game units vs VR's.

Corruptors do better dps than mutas and have 80 more health and 2 more armor. They only cost 50 more minerals. Did you just decide to make some statistics up? Mutas are quite possibly the worst idea vs mass void rays.
You have to scout the base of your enemy to know if he is going for void rays or something else like Raptor said. I usually try to rush the enemy's base when I know that he is going for void rays. You can also get some hydralisks as fast as possible to counter the void rays.
Honestly why bother with either when hydra's are more effective than either both before and after dealing with the VR's and are not just going to have the toss swap to mass gate and make your corruptors look like a bunch of fools till you get BL's.

Side note you don't need to be an *%@!#!* Aurum I don't use corruptors for much and when I need them I don't bother looking at their cost. So I thought they cost more gas than Muta's my mistake there. As for muta's honestly I've never had issues with them dealing with VR's. But I tend to defer to hydra's these days due to my play and build style. Your view is not the only one.

Corruptors do better dps than mutas and have 80 more health and 2 more armor. They only cost 50 more minerals. Did you just decide to make some statistics up? Mutas are quite possibly the worst idea vs mass void rays.

Hmm, corruptors are also armored and therefore void rays deal bonus damage to them (like 20 damage instead of 5 on the first charge level). Mutas also move a lot faster which means that they can do hit and run tactics on the void rays, not letting them fully charge their beams.

Edit: Oh, and mutas deal 9+3+1 = 13 damage with a speed of 1.5246 while corruptors deal a straight 14 damage at a speed of 1.9. That means 8.53 dps for the muta compared to 7.37 dps for the corruptor. Of course that's assuming there are at least 3 void rays to deal damage to, and doesn't take into account upgrades. But void rays have 0 base armor, so they are actually a bit weak to the mutas bounce attack.

Hmm, corruptors are also armored and therefore void rays deal bonus damage to them (like 20 damage instead of 5 on the first charge level). Mutas also move a lot faster which means that they can do hit and run tactics on the void rays, not letting them fully charge their beams.

Hey look ma, RANDOM STATISTICS ARE BEING THROWN AROUND!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

The final charge does extra damage to armored units, not before that. Go ahead, try mass mutas vs void rays. Tell me how that works out for you.
Hydra pumping can easily deal with void rays.
Void Rays counter corrupters hard O_O unless u outnumber them like 10 to 3 or something. Just make sure u scout the starport and if u do see one make queens, like 2-3 extra should do. Then just mass mutas or hydras because those things own Void Rays