All Games Run Fine Except SC2

Technical Support
Telaura wrote:
the solution is simple, every computer in the world is incapable of running this game decently. All our computers suck! problem solved!

Thanks for that..
Telaura wrote:
the solution is simple, every computer in the world is incapable of running this game decently. All our computers suck! problem solved!

Thanks for that..

insert sarcasm into my post in case it was missed....I have been trying to get this game to run decently since the phase 1 beta and it still runs like crap despite running better on my Laptop and suggesting Ultra all across the board on my desktop but failing on Low. IMO the game was released to early. I read that the Audigy 2 card was causing issues so I pulled that, no increase. I have tried so many diffrent drivers my fingers are bleeding, changed every setting. Tried the Variables text limitations and it still starts off at 30 fps and then just slowly drops every couple seconds untill it is retarded.
Yeah, there are definitely some unusual issues in this game. It shouldn't be this hard to get a game running decently.

haha I'm pretty sure even tho you are being sarcastic you are correct.
Yeah, there are definitely some unusual issues in this game. It shouldn't be this hard to get a game running decently.

The funny part is I know some people that can run this game on dinosaur computers much worse off then mine. I know my system is past its expiry date for gaming on high but it just irritates me when I see the game running on a system half as fast as mine and when I check forums and see that even if I went out and dropped $1500 on a nice shiney new quad core system it could still run like garbage.
Praise the Lord, finally someone who thinks my way. I am absolutely-beyond a doubt sure that there is nothing wrong with my CPU, there is something very wrong with the game.... It's; how they say.... "Thousand of dis-satisfied customers cannot be wrong". This is not an issue with thousands of computers, it's something wrong with the ONE game that all these users have bought. I have spent three hellish days trying to get this thing to work and am very dissatisfied with the support service I have been provided with.
It's obvious something is wrong with the game. Tons of people are getting the same bugs/crashes and blizzard keeps trying to blame dust/drivers/hardware. When they obviously can't, they ignore the thread. Let's look at the official answers we had so far.

-A thread asking us to post our DxDiags, fine most of us did that.
-A long wait
-Finally, they edited the "common issues" sticky thread, of whatever it's called blaming the issue on, you guessed it, us.

I mean, come on, the least they could do is post in this thread to let us know what's going on. Are they working on it, or are they planning to refund all of your copies? This is a total lack of professionalism. I've already sent an email to complain, I doubt it'll be answered.
Win 7. 6GB RAM. i3 Intel 2.93. NVIDIA GT 240. All OEM except for GPU. SC2 recommends medium through options settings. I run it on Ultra and as well as Ultra on Texture Quality. The new in game FPS says it runs about 20-30 early game and chops down to 6 or so when my mother ship pops out. Although it says the frame rate is extremely low, it doesn't look or feel so. Any other setting other than Ultra, the game runs extremely smooth other than that beastly mother ship. During campaign play, the game runs fine no matter what setting it's on. Only on Battle.net does the frames start to drop. I think Battle.net server is the most likely problem with online frame rate play. To be honest, I don't find the graphics to be a problem on my computer. It's just a little Gateway DX4831. Cost less than $500 after tax (excluding the GPU I bought). I went this route rather than building one new myself after lots of research and felt that I got the most bang for my buck. If I would not have found this computer for this price I would have a $1100-$1300 computer that I would hope wouldn't have the issues you guys are facing. I play mostly 2v2 at the moment. I played mostly 1v1 on beta. So I can't say how the frame rate is for me on 1v1, but 2v2 is playable on Ultra, and if I get a heavy graphic map (only one at the moment - Twilight Fortress) I can set the graphic settings to medium or high and have normal playable frame rates. So my system isn't at all anything to boast about, but don't have issues with graphic frame rates even though 30fps for this type of game is pretty funny to contemplate. The game runs just fine and if I want to tone it down to get 50-60 I can tweak a couple of settings to high and what not and bam FPS is consistent. I think low gives me about 70-90 but is extremely ugly. Might as well play SC 1. If there are several pylons on my base though, and I select one, all that blue "power" field can slow it down. This was an issue on date of purchase, but does not seem to be present any more. May have been in a patch fix or something. My problem is with my new mouse. I was using my regular wired mouse that came with my computer and I was able to use it at the highest sensitivity if I wanted with extreme accurate precision. Now with my new MS wireless mouse 5000, when I play SC2 it likes to jump around. I guess known as pixel jumping. If I move it from left to right across the screen it will jump or miss frames. I can no longer select or click things like I was able to before. The mouse works flawless and even better than the OEM mouse on Windows 7 as well as any other program; only SC2 gives my mouse a problem. I have tried all sorts of low settings, turning on/off mouse precision. Setting it to 6/11 and 50% sensitivity in game and doesn't help. I've used a mouse registry "fix" program that was supposed to help. No dice. This mouse doesn't do this consistently though. Sometimes it works just fine, but once it starts to "jump" around it stays that way for quite awhile and has cost me games, no doubt. When the mouse starts to do the "jump" thing, I immediately try to use my OLD mouse to see if it does the same thing and it doesn't do the jumping; it works just fine. So I don't know what the issue is with the mouse or if it's a Starcraft issue. Can't be a mouse driver as its brand new and I double checked to make sure. I haven't seen any posts yet about this so I figure I would start here. Hope someone has a fix or has the same problem so maybe we could troubleshoot it together as I would like to use one mouse rather than one for everything else and one for just Starcraft lol.
^ WALL OF TEXT. Did not read.

I agree with others in this thread. I ended up building a brand new PC just for Starcraft II and I STILL have issues with framedrops/skipping every few seconds on and offline and even when watching replays.

It's clear that we're not to blame; this is blizzard's fault and they obviously have no idea how to fix it.
and its definitely not the mouse. I use the MS wireless laser mouse 5000 and I do not have the issue. My other system specs are much higher but that should rule out the mouse as a cause.
I agree that there are problems, however I'm not having any of them. I'm running on a laptop, quad 2.1 phenom II x4 n950, 4 gigs of ram, mobility 5650. I'm running on high, with physics down to low and shadows/reflections medium(as I don't care that much). So obviously, it's that blizzard can't program the game right.

Edit: Oh, and I'm using a wireless mouse with no problems.
All of you upset with blizzard can blame one thing. WoW. It's that game that killed the once great company that was Blizzard and left us with this money %*!#% that we now know today that is the same as it was in name only.

Blizzard used to have awesome service, they used to care about the quality of the products they released and they cared about their customers. This husk of its former self has none of these traits, and they only prove it more and more with their lack of compassion towards these issues and the quality of the games they release.

If you bought WoW, you are partially to blame.
I would actually disagree quite a bit with that. I actually the money from WOW is what is funding the fact that blizzard is committing to two expansion for WoL as well as still working on Diablo III at the same time.

I've had a lot of fun with Starcraft II and have experienced only minor glitches myself. Turns out that ATI card owners can have random mouse corruption (its in the known issues list). Other than that any wierdness has been a one time thing.

About the only way I can see that WOW ruined Blizzard was that the number of active WOW accounts obviously generates a lot of work for their tech and account support staff. This does mean long waits on hold when you try to call them.

There's this really cool thing and its called email. There's also this other thing called Google. Doing a simple search I found tons of threads on other forums where people had similar problems and there were multiple different ways they got it fixed.
12/30/2010 5:01 AMPosted by Cretin
Turns out that ATI card owners can have random mouse corruption (its in the known issues list)

This was an issue with ATi's drivers. ATi fixed it with an update. Old news.

12/30/2010 5:01 AMPosted by Cretin
There's also this other thing called Google. Doing a simple search I found tons of threads on other forums where people had similar problems and there were multiple different ways they got it fixed.

Most of us have googled this to death already. Smug people who make assumptions like this really get on my nerves. If you don't have anything useful to add, don't post in a thread that has nothing to do with you.
Akumapro, can you describe your framerate problems in detail? I have a non-overclocked version of your system with a lower-end 5830 and the lowest I've seen StarCraft II drop to is around 25 FPS on a 4v4 game on a mix of High and Ultra setting.

Posted by Monster
I'm having the same issue. Although my system is not nearly as new or powerful as Akumapro's, my specs are well above minimum requirements and I can run games like Fallout 3, Borderlands and Dragon Age: Origins at max settings at a good framerate. My framerate in SC2 is low whether I play on low or ultra settings. There is definitely something going on here that's causing bad framerates beyond CPU or GPU speed. The graphics in SC2 aren't THAT advanced.

Pentium D 3ghz
2GB RAM
GeForce GTS 250
Soundblaster X-Fi
Windows XP
They are quite advanced in terms of using shaders, but it's something a G92 derivative can handle decently up to high or some Ultra (depending on how much memory it has). The others that have posted are correct about StarCraft II being more CPU-hungry. We've seen quite a few Pentium 4 and D systems drop to abysmal performances when the CPU starts reaching the 60 Celsius temperatures so you may want to check on that. Games that aren't CPU intensive won't feel it, or at least as bad. Higher settings tend to also need more RAM but you can keep an eye out by checking hard drive activity.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
[item="32727" /] http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
There was a thread on this problem that was 30 + pages long not more than a few days after launch. That was locked and un-stickied.

They then made this thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/933154144?page=1, which was also locked because there wasn't anything common with the dxdiags so basically "we give up".

It's kinda too bad we see all these small threads on the tech support forum popping up with some blue replies as opposed to just having left the other one open, or kept better contact with the community through it. I somehow doubt this issue will ever be fixed. I can understand on some lower systems FPS can be an issue, but it's the new ones that boggle my mind. No way should a gaming-built PC made around or after the release of SC2 have any of these problems.
<blockquote data-quote="17493183224"><div>Posted by Simian</div>[quote="null"]17493183128</blockquote>

This was an issue with ATi's drivers. ATi fixed it with an update. Old news.

[quote="null"]17493183128[/quote]

Most of us have googled this to death already. Smug people who make assumptions like this really get on my nerves. If you don't have anything useful to add, don't post in a thread that has nothing to do with you.[/quote]

Ummm ATI owner here who still has the mouse corruption issue. If ATI fixed it they didn't fix it all the way. I have to admit it does seem less now than when the game launched but I never identified that lessening with one of their driver updates.

All I was adding was that the OP obviously didn't do any research themselves. Its hard to help people who refuse to help themselves and who then turn around and demand answers. I've got 10+ years as a computer technician so on that I am speaking authoritatively.
I bought my buddy the game and he has a gateway p-173xl fx which may be a couple of years old but deff surpasses the minimum requirements and guess what? The game loads up and whether in the lobby or in the game within 5 minutes it completely shuts down the entire computer....no error message no blue screen no nothing. What does blizzard tech support say? Call Nvidia and have them run temp tests on your GPU, because it's over heating...oh this response is after doing that .txt thingy...

This is ridiculous.
the solution is ppl playing on high settings think they can play on !*%%ty computers, when will people learn buy new computer
Blizzard, I hope you realized this by know. Many of the people experiencing fps issues have other games on their PCs and they run just fine. Its only sc2 that is having issues.
This means that there is clearly something wrong with either your game or the drivers. Could you please acknowledge this and update us what is going on? Are we to wait for the next patch or should we be waiting for ati/nvidia to release better drivers?

He's right. Even if I don't have ''THE'' PC I run other games much faster.