Countering Toss Stalker/Colossus

Zerg Discussion
WTF counters mass Stalk/Col? Having a lot of trouble with this one. Mass Roach/Hydra die almost instantly. Mutas melt to the Stalkers. Muta/Hydra get thrashed. Hydra/Corruptor seem too resource intensive to be viable (Stalkers eat them alive). Brood Lords are too high up the tech tree to be viable in anything other than vs. a slow-@$$ Toss player who actually lets you get there.

I suck hard at Infestors, but that really might be the answer. If it is, lemme know and I'll just force myself to work on that. Anything else though?
Actually, when you see colossus early on, Brood lords are easy to tech to. They are very effective when combined with hydralisks. The colossi will be busy hitting the broodlings if your opponent doesn't micro them. Combined with Corruptors, the Colossus' nightmare, you can easily take the game right there. Infestors are not that hard to handle. You barely need to control them. Burrow them early and take them to a battle spot you know you'll be fighting in. Position them behind the Colossi and you'll be set for your battle.
broodlords are NOT early to tech to!

First you have to finish lair, then you have to build an infestation pit, and after it finishes, you can upgrade to hive, and once hive finishes, you can upgrade your spire, and once spire finishes, you can mutate a devourer into a broodlord

Now let's look at Protoss side: build Robotics Bay, as soon a it finishes, build Collosus tech building, and once that finishes, youcan make your first cholossues

broodlords are vulnerable units to blinking stalkers, they move slow too, it's another weakness
ZvP is mostly roach-speedling. If they get colossus, get some corruptors and/or infestors with neural parasite (infestors takes more planning an is more difficult). Always stay ahead in economy.

BLs are going to take too long to get to vs any colossus push.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je0gfLyRNk8
Getting your surrounds with your Zerglings helps a lot.

Also, keeping up a lot of early pressure so your opponent can't get too many units is also vital.

I'd recommend getting lots of Zerglings vs. Mass Stalkers and getting a surround. Also, throw in Hydralisks to back up the damage that your Zerglings are doing.

Also, if you can get to Ultralisks you can tear up a lot of Protoss. Ultralisks do splash damage and massive (46.5 damage per second) to armored units. Colossus and Stalkers are both armored so they will fall quick to Ultralisks.

Lastly, Corrupters and Brood Lords mess with Colossus really badly. The Brood Lords are best as the broodlings make Colossus target them (and not your other units) therefore saving a lot of your army.

Hope all of that helps. =)
If you can get infestors to neural parasite the stalkers the 2 should pretty much kill each other provided that your opponent wasn't expecting it, and you can let them do their thing as you go back to your base, mass lings, and then ambush what ever stalkers are left, and if you happen to have some arial units you can rip up the last few collosus if they're still around I think.

They have to have like 5 robotics bays and 5 gateways to keep up with you if you're using your queens and expansions correctly.
ultra/lings are very effective.
Why do people keep overlooking infestors? Those worms with *edit*#@!!*edit* poo trails are a zerg's best friend.

Battlecruisers? Get infestors with neural parasite.
Thors? neural parasite
colossus? neural parasite
M&M&M? Get infestors with fungal growth; get normal attacking units as well lings/hydra/roach
Stalkers? fungal growth
... just get infesters for those big and scary units; even if they swap builds, fungal growth is wonderful

When you take on that stalker/colossus ball, those infestors should be near the front neural parasite ASAP or your toast. Roaches in first followed by infestors and then hydras if you have them. if you have lings throw them in after the battle has started to get a good surround; if the lings go in first they will melt.

I'm no pro, but this works fine for me.

Btw on a side note... infested terrans in enemy base and no enemy aoe = gg.
Corrupters, Ultras, Infestors pops into mind
But when I play myself, I always forget to make them even if I already have to tech building haha
Stalker Colo= drop the usual raoch hydra play for ZvP and go to hydra ultra play. That whole ball is armored and 4-5 ultra's will take it apart in second and don't use infestors NP is not worth the effort atm and that gas your using to buy infestors is better off being used for upgrades for hydra's ultra's and roaches.
They prob with the ultralisk build, is that you need a hive in order to get them.

All the protoss needs to do is 3 gate -> robo bay, and he can have zealots and 2-3 colossus before attacking. While you are teching to get a hive, he will already have attacked you. If the colossus have thermal lance they can kite hydras to death, while his zealots poke you to death.

An infestor can be obtained with only a lair upgrade; by the time your opponent makes his first colossus, you should be able to make a infestor. If an infestor uses neural parasite on even just one or the 2-3 colossus, the battle will more than likely turn in your favor.

I would mass hydras only if the protoss went high templars, and even then you should stay on your creep highway to dodge storms... it's hard. The only thing I've found to be useful for killing high templars are Speedlings. STAY ON CREEP HIGHWAY.
Ultraling is the only viable option that i see and it's worked for me in mid-late game. but it's so damn frustrating to lose to that early stalker ball + 1 colossus after a 2 gate rush...

if you find any help on that let me know...
Ultras are T3 and there's no viable way to get to them unless the Toss player is ridiculously slow.

I need to try Infestors. The problem is, they're squishy soft and get ff immediately if not burrowed, and researching burrow isn't an automatic for me. Guess I'd better make it as such.

I really need to fart around with Infestors more. They seem to me to be like a DVR. People that use them swear they can't live without them. The ones that don't use them think they're useless. Time to give it a try...
WTF counters mass Stalk/Col? Having a lot of trouble with this one. Mass Roach/Hydra die almost instantly. Mutas melt to the Stalkers. Muta/Hydra get thrashed. Hydra/Corruptor seem too resource intensive to be viable (Stalkers eat them alive). Brood Lords are too high up the tech tree to be viable in anything other than vs. a slow-@$$ Toss player who actually lets you get there.

I suck hard at Infestors, but that really might be the answer. If it is, lemme know and I'll just force myself to work on that. Anything else though?

Ultra do ultimately. They also cancel the super annoying use of sentries and forcefield that are often combined with stalker/colossus.

Keep yourself in the game with Hydra/Ling and a few infestors until you can field Ultras. The Colossi aren't seriously dangerous to Hydras until they start to mass in number, at which point your Ultras should be hitting the dirt.
Ultras are T3 and there's no viable way to get to them unless the Toss player is ridiculously slow.

So are Colossus. If you scout his Robotics bay and know he's going heavy Colossus you can have Ultras hitting the dirt about the time his Colossus numbers start getting dangerous. Ultras are also super effective against stalkers... which Infestors/Broodlords/Corruptors/Mutas are not. The only ground unit of Toss Ultras aren't effective against is Immortals, and thats why you combine Ultras with lings.
I'll give Ultras a shot, but Zerg T3 I feel like is way slower than Toss T3...

Pool -> Lair -> Infestor -> Hive -> Ultra Cave
Gate -> Core -> Robo -> Bay

Build times are slower too. Toss is more resource heavy so maybe that's an advantage, especially with a FE, but I feel like Ultras ultimately aren't gonna hit the pavement till after he's got a couple Cols out and by then it's prolly gg since those aren't gonna be the only thing he's got with them.
Small muta ball to attack probes whenever you see his stalkers leave the base. Period. THey will divert back instantly if he didnt burn a crapload of money on cannons. In the process, build broodlords and a !#*@load of zerglings with your extra minerals. Suicide the mutas to get the last colossus if you haft to because once theres no colossus, the lings will feast.
Stalkers and Coll melt to ultras, brood just as good.
Stalkers and Coll melt to ultras, brood just as good.

Blink stalkers tear up Broodlords. You want to avoid them against Stalker/Col