Platinum is cheesier than Bronze - Gold?

General Discussion
I just had the DISpleasure of getting moved to Platinum. First 3 games. Proxy gateway. Void Ray Rush. Failed Cannon Rush. It is soooo cheesy. I need some crackers with my Starcraft 2.

*gags*
People are using tactics against me and I don't like it :(
Nothing wrong with cheese strats, imo, but a tooooon of folks threw their placements matches hoping A) to work their way up and improve their skill level without being roflstomped right off the bat, or B) to roflstomp people right off the bat.

The first couple weeks or so of multiplayer is gonna be a little wacky, obviously.
The only tactic I need to use apparently is send my COMMAND CENTER into my OPPONENT'S BASE in order to do a PLANETARY FORTRESS RUSH.
Yeah, it's cheesy but legitimate. You just have to counter it. Scout your base, scout around your base. Scout your enemy's base. Every time I lose it's for one reason: I didn't scout my opponent's base. You see his base, you see his buildings, you see the army he is making, and you can build a counter to that army. You see void rays, you build light AA aircraft. You see cannon rush? Take out the pylon. It's all about intelligence (in the military sense--in reality, the military has no intelligence).

For example, one time I held off an attack of zealots with marines. I didn't scout my opponent's base after that; a few minutes later, I saw a mere 2 or 3 collossi tear up my marine units, and I had to call GG because there was nothing else I could do fast enough to stop them. If I had scouted and seen them, I would have built the relatively cheap Vikings to take them out.
there are a lot of bad players in higher leagues right now that are there solely because they are doing the same cheesy tactics over and over again. I've been amazed how many absolutely terrible protoss are in diamond and Platinum that rely exclusively on Voidray rushes.

They don't even deviate once they see you've countered it. They just quit the game.
Those types of strats will remain widespread until the counters to them become common knowledge, at which point they'll fade to obscurity as they become more likely to result in a loss than a win.
The only tactic I need to use apparently is send my COMMAND CENTER into my OPPONENT'S BASE in order to do a PLANETARY FORTRESS RUSH.

So easily countered it's not even funny.
I've only had one person try to cheese me so far. It was a proxy gateway. I can't believe I forgot to scout my base, but it doenst matter. Since I 2 gated I had just as many units as him and 5 times the workers. He lost.

lol, I forgot that someone did this to me also. But he said he was just giving up because he cant beat protoss. I believed him at the time cause I seriously couldnt fathom him actually trying to win that way.

edit: so does the quote button not actually work for anyone else? I have to copy/paste and then put the text into quote brackets...

i might actually try this.

ROFMLAO
lol ur mad cuz ppl are using tactics and strats against you and u cant counter it

jk cheese is hard and belongs in this game