Good news about TvZ

Zerg Discussion
Anyone who wasnt in the beta may not know this, and those who where might still not but it is pretty key in fighting Terran now.

The thors AA splash damage has been greatly reduced. Before 2 thors could annihilate ANY NUMBER of mutas in 2, maybe 3 volleys. And i really mean any number. I lost 35 mutas to 3 thors once. But no longer. So while muta's are not the best counter vs mech because of thors. If you notice they only have 2 or 3 and you have a good sized group of mutas, go for it.

Once their thors are dead you can go for the tanks.
The other option is to try to quick snipe the tanks and ling rush the remaining thors.

If you dont understand how helpful this is, i just dont know what to tell you.
I only recently found this out on accident durring a 2v2 match and then again to confirm in the single player challenges.
...Thor's have not changed.

The reality is, that the Thor's AA splash is really not that good. Minimal micro prevents Thors from taking out, "35 mutas to 3 thors."
Actually in beta Thors had increased size and bigger splash damage until around phase 2 when they changed it. I think there were some other changes but I don't remeber
Actually the radius was never nerfed. It's still 0.5. They do have 4 attacks though, so you can still splash 4 different units at once.

On a side note, I always do Sen's one-base muta build against terran. I can gain map control and do a lot of damage with my initial mutalisks and then switch to normal units.
I think i made a mistake thinking radius was the splash damage. Here was the patch notes I was referring to when I mentioned the thor changes .

http://wow.curse.com/blogs/sc2-en-news/archive/2010/05/13/starcraft-ii-beta-patch-notes-patch-12.aspx
I never said their splash was reduced, simply the damage of the splash. Like i said, before this 2-3 good volleys would annihilate any number of mutas. The other day i took out 3 thors with about 20-25 mutas. Something that would have been impossible in the beta.
I never said their splash was reduced, simply the damage of the splash. Like i said, before this 2-3 good volleys would annihilate any number of mutas. The other day i took out 3 thors with about 20-25 mutas. Something that would have been impossible in the beta.

The splash damage and splash radius have not changed since patch 7, when they introduced splash damage.
You can say that but the damage is clearly different from what it was in the beta (at least when i played in phase 1 and 2)