A discussion about Corruptors.

Zerg Discussion
I dont use the ability because ive never HAD to. The uses are few as it is right now.
Also im a plat level zerg player, i know what i'm doing.
I dont use the ability because ive never HAD to. The uses are few as it is right now.

That is the most ignorant thing I have every heard. The ability is flat percentage damage increase. That makes it one of the strongest in the game.
I use Corruptors quite a lot. They're a decent anti-air unit and the corruption ability ups their damage output a lotas well as upping the damage of ground ranged units (well, I suppose only the hydra, queen, and, uh, spore colonies I guess.

They ARE missing something. Mutas get shredded quite easily by anything so corruptors are the only o other option. They are especially weak vs. a multitude of light craft like vikings or void rays, even mutas. Since they are designed to take out the heavy hitters (bcs, carriers) there are probably some changes that need to be made.

Corruption doesn't make a difference when you're fighting stuff that can be knocked out of the air easily. By the time you cast it the target is dead. T3 air units don't often show up in 1v1 or 2v2 games. Perhaps get rid of corruption and give them a commensurate damage or RoF boost, or nerf corruption and make it autocast (one target exclusive, prevents multiple corruptors from wasting energy on same target like the queen) or something like that.

Their real weakness is that they can't deal with equal numbers of light aircraft in areas where ground support is impossible. Sure, they make a great force multiplier for mixed air/ground battles but on their own against other air-only units they're quite a pain to use.

Not a QQ, just an observation since I end up using them in just about everyu game to counter air before it destroys my gatherers.

That is the most ignorant thing I have every heard. The ability is flat percentage damage increase. That makes it one of the strongest in the game.

I think you misunderstood. There was never a time, where i would think "hey if i had corruptors and used corruption it would make my current army stronger than if i built more of X unit"

Even if i already have them on the field for collosi clean up they usually just hatched and dont have the energy to cast it or they're getting turned into broodlords.
There is just so rarely a time and place to use this ability. THAT is what i meant by saying ive never had to.

Even if i already have them on the field for collosi clean up they usually just hatched and dont have the energy to cast it or they're getting turned into broodlords.
There is just so rarely a time and place to use this ability. THAT is what i meant by saying ive never had to.

We're playing the same game, right? Every time I get corruptors, I'm using their ability. So to tell me that there has just never been an opportunity tells me you're doing something wrong.
Idk, but you're kind of arguing a moot point right now. The current corruption ability is underpowered and for the most part (aside from you and the few others like you) is under utilized.

I dont know what kind of battles you're fighting where you get corruptors and have them long enough to cast corruption as a constant but those moments honestly dont come around often.

I believe i've actually only gotten corruptors twice since the game came out (more in the beta but that was back when you could use it to disable air defenses, THAT was awesome) One time i turned em into broodlords right away, the other time i tried using corruption but again they had just hatched and didnt have the energy for it.

As far as times i have used it was in phase 2 mostly against collosi and that was only once or twice before again, transitioning into broodlords.
Give them AOE and I'd take them.
I was wondering, When you cast Corruption on a unit, is there a time delay for the unit to go back to normal or does it stick with the unit until it dies? AOE for corruption would make the corrupter a force to be reckoned with. just imagine, corruptions on a bio ball then fungal growth with 20% damage hehe. OP no?
No, I specifically remember that the main reason they were called corruptors is because they could take over what they killed in the air. Infestors had more abilities too, but that's for a different forum..
Corruptors have one awesome ability. They turn into broodlords.
I won a game by massing a bunch of corruptors, turning about five into brood lords, and breaking the seige in a terran players base. he had vikings and a few BCs, but I used zerg slime ot take out the BCs and pure numbers to take out the vikings. They are very good in numbers, but not when you have less than the opponents units.
Thor's are armored. Colossi are massive. That's why Corruptor's can attack Colossi and not Thor's.

Thor's are armored - massive. If you don't believe me try to pick one up with a pheonix.

Edit: ALSO coll are Armored - Mechanical - Massive plz dont spout BS and confuse ppl.