Help me keep my MacBookPro cool!

Mac Technical Support
Hey fellow mac users! I have a bit of a problem, my macbook really likes to get cooking while playing starcraft 2. When I play I have the fan (via smcfancontrol) blasting away at 6200 rpm and still my temps slowly rise up to 160 degrees which I consider to be in the danger zone. I thought it might be because my graphic settings, so i turned shaders down to low (and a couple other options) since i hear macs have issues with the shaders. That didn't seem to make a difference besides helping my frame rate.

The only solution Ive found that helps is litterally putting an ice pack under my computer which drops the temps by 20 degrees for like 30 minutes before they rise back up. I am playing on a perfectly flat surface (desk). Ive tried proping the fan end up on a book so the hot air has room to dissapate, but that seems to actually make it worse.

My computer specs are
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 ram
NVIDIA GeFore 320M w/ 256mb

If it helps, the computer seems to heat up with any game (even older ones like WC3) but keeping the fan speed at 6200rpm keeps temps at 140-150 for all other games except Starcraft 2.

Any suggestions for cooling pads, fan programs, "home-made" solutions, anything would be great. Thanks!
Notebook GPU's run at higher temperatures than desktop GPU's due to the enclosed space of notebooks and other factors. 71 degrees Celsius (your 160 F) is pretty cool compared to me. I consider 80 C a reasonable temperature at full load, and that was after I cleaned my fans and vents. Before that I would reach up to 100 C and my computer would auto standby due to heat.

Anyway, if you're concerned, you should either buy a cooling pad and/or get your fans and vents cleaned. My cooling pad is a Zalman NC3000.
160f is not a danger zone thats 71c. mine runs at 70c when playing sc2 its nothing to worrry about. Becasue if it gets to hot it will shutdown
Mine runs 180f to 200f at all times while in game, with a cooling pad and has no problems. Once you break 200f you'll start to see diminishing play though.
Is it really worth getting a cooling pad? Does it really help?
Is it really worth getting a cooling pad? Does it really help?

Yes
Notebook GPU's run at higher temperatures than desktop GPU's due to the enclosed space of notebooks and other factors. 71 degrees Celsius (your 160 F) is pretty cool compared to me. I consider 80 C a reasonable temperature at full load, and that was after I cleaned my fans and vents. Before that I would reach up to 100 C and my computer would auto standby due to heat.

Anyway, if you're concerned, you should either buy a cooling pad and/or get your fans and vents cleaned. My cooling pad is a Zalman NC3000.

Really? I always thought it was going to damage the computer if I got any higher than 160F because I could feel the heat through the keyboard and it worried me. Thanks for the information everyone! :)