Im so tired of 360/PS3 generation graphics...

Off Topic Dicussion
How much longer do we have to wait until we get games like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgS67BwPfFY&hd=1

I mean c'mon... so far people always tell me to play crysis to see cutting edge graphics but that game was made in 2007...

Have there been any announcements at all from sony or microsoft?
I would rather we get an amazing game with xbox/ps3 graphics, than a crappy game with realistic graphics.

Considering there have been next to zero amazing games coming out recently. I just want a winner.

But on topic. Crysis 2 is about as far as we can go with graphics right now. The requirements to play that game on it's max settings are ludicrous, It's going to be a while.
You have your priorities misplaced Cini.Lets try to get some actual killer games instead.

Lotta games lately that are probably not up to snuff vs the worst of the NES generation.Who knows,maybe we'll see a new E.T. and "pacman" soon.
1. The next gen of consoles is coming fairly soon (Project Cafe).
2. High end PCs can already do that, so if you really care about graphics that much spend $2000 for one of those.
3. Graphics don't make the game. BroodWar should be a perfect example of that.
05/15/2011 07:32 PMPosted by DyFortea
I would rather we get an amazing game with xbox/ps3 graphics, than a crappy game with realistic graphics.

What's your point? are you saying that good graphics lead to a bad game? how do graphics correlate to game play?

Plus with the 360 your limited to playing an fps in a smaller corridor rather than a massive open space. And I want better graphics just for the hell of it. I get awestruck every time a next gen console comes out.

"We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting."
- Kahlil Gibran
All he said is gameplay is more important than graphics, but lets be honest that graphics can really complement gameplay.
05/21/2011 08:58 PMPosted by Flare
All he said is gameplay is more important than graphics, but lets be honest that graphics can really complement gameplay.

True, but many people think graphics are more important than they really are.
05/17/2011 10:25 AMPosted by IAreLemons
Graphics don't make the game. BroodWar should be a perfect example of that.

As well as Crash Bandicoot(PS1 era, though I think the newer ones are also good). We need more platformers these days(not Mario, you can just play Mario 64 and be done, cause nothing has really changed since then.) FPS is so veeerry overrated, I do like SW:Battlefront though.
05/26/2011 01:02 AMPosted by EvanorEthan
As well as Crash Bandicoot

Never really played Crash Bandicoot much.
Now Spyro on the other hand. Those games are awesome (the old ones; new ones are crap). I still play that !@@@.
Never really played Crash Bandicoot much.
Now Spyro on the other hand. Those games are awesome (the old ones; new ones are crap). I still play that !@@@.

Right there with you bro
05/26/2011 01:02 AMPosted by EvanorEthan
Graphics don't make the game. BroodWar should be a perfect example of that.

As well as Crash Bandicoot(PS1 era, though I think the newer ones are also good). We need more platformers these days(not Mario, you can just play Mario 64 and be done, cause nothing has really changed since then.) FPS is so veeerry overrated, I do like SW:Battlefront though.

Yeah, the only platformers I can think of nowadays that's not Mario are Metal Slug and Trine. Trine is really great though, so if you like platformers you should check it out.
I just got the Donkey Kong Country series and an emulator. Funtimes, loved those games as a kid.

Considering there have been next to zero amazing games coming out recently. I just want a winner.

But on topic. Crysis 2 is about as far as we can go with graphics right now. The requirements to play that game on it's max settings are ludicrous, It's going to be a while.

believe it or not, crysis 2 on max runs easier than Crysis 1 on max.

Crysis 2 was dumbed down hard to be ported over to consoles. Its extremely apparent if you look from Crysis 1 to crysis 2, especially since Crysis 2 is STILL without dx11 or mod tools. Crytek really abandoned its PC audience.
The better the graphics the higher the operation budget. There comes a point where they will lose profits if they increase the operation budget to have cutting edge graphics, so it is important that companies find that perfect ration of cost/sales to have the largest profits possible. If better graphics were directly proportional to increased profits, we'd see the graphics quality of games drastically increasing at a constant rate. However, that is not the case which is why games are not produced with the best top-level graphics.