Diablo 3 and Playstation 3

Off Topic Dicussion
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6316972.html

if this is true im gonna throw my CPU off the edge of the world
"We're exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles and are currently looking to fill a few senior console-related positions on the Diablo III team," read a Blizzard statement.

Diablo-related concept =/= Diablo 3 port

Here, there's this thread on the d3 forums too.

Edit: I forgot the link. I'm so awesome.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=27607509731&sid=3000
This would be awesome, playing diablo with a controller on my 36 inch hd tv would be... something else. I'm not sure how it might work, with all the different skills and abilities.

Then again, Starcraft worked on the N64.
This would be awesome, playing diablo with a controller on my 36 inch hd tv would be... something else. I'm not sure how it might work, with all the different skills and abilities.

Probably like the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series. But still, they're not going to be porting d3 to consoles.

Or at the very least, "To further reiterate what’s posted on the home page: this is not an announcement of a console title. We are first and foremost developing Diablo III for Windows and Mac PCs, and we have no intention of allowing a console interpretation to delay or otherwise affect the release of the game. As always feel free to discuss this topic here, but please note that we don’t have any further details to share at this time. "

Probably like the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series. But still, they're not going to be porting d3 to consoles.

Or at the very least, "To further reiterate what’s posted on the home page: this is not an announcement of a console title. We are first and foremost developing Diablo III for Windows and Mac PCs, and we have no intention of allowing a console interpretation to delay or otherwise affect the release of the game. As always feel free to discuss this topic here, but please note that we don’t have any further details to share at this time. "

Why are you so certain that they won't make Diablo 3 for PS3 or 360? Because of that quote?

"this is not an announcement of a console title. " Mentioning that they currently are not announcing a seperate Diablo title for console. Simple enough.

"We are first and foremost developing Diablo III for Windows and Mac PCs" So, their main focus here is to push the game out for PC. Much like all the original Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft titles. Ports for systems came much later.

"and we have no intention of allowing a console interpretation to delay or otherwise affect the release of the game" Speaks for itself. I have my guesses that they will probably port Diablo III to PS3 and 360 eventually. But as they mentioned they're not going to allow it to delay the original release of the game.

Why are you so certain that they won't make Diablo 3 for PS3 or 360? Because of that quote?

"this is not an announcement of a console title. " Mentioning that they currently are not announcing a seperate Diablo title for console. Simple enough.

"We are first and foremost developing Diablo III for Windows and Mac PCs" So, their main focus here is to push the game out for PC. Much like all the original Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft titles. Ports for systems came much later.

"and we have no intention of allowing a console interpretation to delay or otherwise affect the release of the game" Speaks for itself. I have my guesses that they will probably port Diablo III to PS3 and 360 eventually. But as they mentioned they're not going to allow it to delay the original release of the game.

It's mostly because he says in his thread, "we’re currently exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles". What I'm trying to say is that Diablo-related concept =/= Diablo 3 port. If it were a port, he probably would have said a port.

It's mostly because he says in his thread, "we’re currently exploring a Diablo-related concept for consoles". What I'm trying to say is that Diablo-related concept =/= Diablo 3 port. If it were a port, he probably would have said a port.

A concept can be a port with modifications. I don't think it's likely that they're going to create a new-old idea and release it for consoles. It's more believable that they'll take out mouse/keyboard controls and throw in some radial menu and port it, but say it has a new twist to regular Diablo gameplay.

However if they do/did port it, it would certainly be at *least* a year after PC release date. Maybe half a year before the expansion since that would be a cheesey way for people to rebuy the game on console. Or grab a new audience through console, who will eventually buy the PC version so they can play the expansion when it's newly released for PC and not have to wait for the port on console.

Edit: fix mah quotez