what did i miss? been away from 1v1 for 6 mth

Terran Discussion
are there any updated training vids i can watch? all the ones i fins are old.
anyone?
lol. watch some tournaments. see how the meta game has changed. keep palying
depends on the matchups. Sadly zerg has learned how to beat mm.
06/08/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Roayer
depends on the matchups. Sadly zerg has learned how to beat mm.

they have?
the whole metagame has changed tremendously. Nowadays everyone is back on the bandwagon about a 1 base fast reaper timing push against zergs, or a nuke expand vs protoss. It's kind of crazy compared with how simple it used to be. TvT still is kind of boring with tank vs viking but now the use of mass orbitals is replacing vikings for spotting. It's a strange time to be playing terran but hopefully this helped!
yes it did!
so where would i go to see updated build orders? i keep running into the old ones
Team Liquid or just watch pro level games really.

Although standard TvZ is marine/tank now.

TvP is still MMM.

And TvT is marine/tank again.

Of course, the way you play this game will depend on your style, but those are just general stepping stones.
06/09/2011 08:00 AMPosted by Dully
Terran is horribly UP. Welcome back.

How so?
if youre looking for high level replays, i provide :)

http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/news/download-mlg-dallas-sc2-rep-pack-1

There is a plethora of content to learn from here :)
Jim Raynor killed Bin Laden. Welcome back!
06/10/2011 04:45 AMPosted by MtlGuitarist
How so?

Zerg is able to hold off most of our early timing pushes now so we can't do damage early. This leaves us inevitable behind. Many people see this as Terran being UP. Infestors also got huge buffs so now they counter every single unit in the game. The new maps are also extremely Zerg favored. Just learn to micro and you'll be on even footing with an a--moving zerg :)

Make two medivacs with 8 mainres in them, shift queue one of them to go to his main, and another to go to his third. Once you drop the marines stim them and I guarentee you'll get at least 30 drones kills at your level, and unless your an idiot you won't lose both your medivacs.

Also, if you had the 10 IQ needed to realize that you should be focusing infestors with your tanks at the beginning of battles you'd only be getting fungled once ore twice at the beginning.
06/10/2011 09:33 AMPosted by Nurkas

Zerg is able to hold off most of our early timing pushes now so we can't do damage early. This leaves us inevitable behind. Many people see this as Terran being UP. Infestors also got huge buffs so now they counter every single unit in the game. The new maps are also extremely Zerg favored. Just learn to micro and you'll be on even footing with an a--moving zerg :)

Make two medivacs with 8 mainres in them, shift queue one of them to go to his main, and another to go to his third. Once you drop the marines stim them and I guarentee you'll get at least 30 drones kills at your level, and unless your an idiot you won't lose both your medivacs.

Also, if you had the 10 IQ needed to realize that you should be focusing infestors with your tanks at the beginning of battles you'd only be getting fungled once ore twice at the beginning.

Now they want us to perform drop play and micro down Infestors with tanks. That's a great idea, bro. I'll just learn to have the a massive amount of APM over the course of an entire battle while you A-Move with everything except your infestors, which require exactly one hotkey and 1 click each, with limited micro of any kinf while completely negating the use of micro for my units.

And while I do that I've lost 16 marines from my main army and you will now steamroll it with any equal mid / late game army you can possibly have. Overlord and Creep spread will instantly alert you to any drop play happening and a few quick mutalisks will shut that down entirely anyways. Thank you for your fantastic misunderstanding of terran micro.

Oh and while I'm doing that I also get to stim my Marines and move them away from banelings and speedlings which will catch up anyways and destroy them, after which any number of mutalisks will clean up the leftovers of my army.

Now it's the late game, somehow I've recovered and I have 4 stable bases (Absolutely not possible on most maps with mutalisks on the field). My army is 200/200, I have equal upgrades and I'm in a good position. Omg here come Brood Lords. I have to unsiege my tanks now or I am going to die. Oh, if I unsiege my tanks I'll die anyways.

Let me assume I've held off those Brood Lords with limited losses. I just happened to have some vikings with me because I'd thought this through pretty well. Now here comes an instant tech switch into maximum upgraded Ultralisks, backed by some banelings and speedlings. Woo gg "wp." Terran late game sucks, and Infestors shut down mid game pushes where Terran is supposed to be strong.

And at the same time I'm thinking about all of this let me just load of 16 marines in Medivacs and send them to your base arbitrarily. Sounds like a plan.

Zerg that are still crying "Terran OP" need to try TvZ from the Terran perspective sometime against unbiased opponents.
good luck, you now have to be a master player in order to beat a diamond zerg, and a grandmaster terran in order to beat a master zerg.

Terran is now the "take a risk and try and kill workers or lose" kind of race. :)

TvT has improved alot from back then... there are many more strats and cooler ways to deal with tanks, overall... I think TvT is my favorite matchup now.
Sadly theyve nerfed terran to hell and now its just Zerg that owns everything