Console gaming really does beat the PC

Off Topic Dicussion
Got duke nukem forever for my xbox, but my xbox freezes constantly even with the hard drive removed. It's also out of warrenty... so microsoft just f*cked me hard.

Why is my custom built PC more stable than a computer built by a multi billion dollar corp?
Your title makes no sense after reading your post.

As for the PC, when you built it there was no profit margin to think about so you used the best hardware for your money(hopefully) and all the money went toward the parts. When a OEM makes a PC they use the parts the can get in bulk for the cheapest then charge full price as to maximize profits.

As for Consoles, they are easier to program for as the specs are set. PCs come in many, many configurations and so its harder to make the game compatible for a majority of machines. Consoles are often behind on tech and its just the nature of the market. By the time a console hits the shelves, the tech has moved on. If anything, consoles are holding most games on the PC back as the companies are porting them from the old console to a possibly modern PC.

Have to respect Blizzard for not gimping their games for consoles. I'm happy D3 will be a PC game first and console game 2nd.
wait... what if I sold it at gamestop? They won't know it's broken unless they they run it for 15 minutes, then it's someone else's problem. How much do they give you for a used xbox?
Depends on if its a S model or Original if its Original its pretty much worthless. I think you can sell new games for more then an original Xbox.
found the problem... last time when M$ was fixing my red rings of death i guess they didn't apply enough thermal compound because the heat pipes on the cpu are too hot to touch...

seriously how did they #%%! up so badly with the design and overheating....

I called tech support and my only options were

A: pay 100$ for repair
B: tough sh!t pal, buy another xbox.

#%%! them im fixing this 200$ lemon myself
06/15/2011 02:17 PMPosted by CiniCraft
last time when M$ was fixing my red rings of death i guess they didn't apply enough thermal compound because the heat pipes on the cpu are too hot to touch...

Uhh... If the heatsink is getting 'too hot' that would mean the thermal compound is doing its job... The heat sink is meant to pull heat away from the chip.
If it's not hot when your box acts up, then you might have a thermal conductivity issue.
found the problem... last time when M$ was fixing my red rings of death i guess they didn't apply enough thermal compound because the heat pipes on the cpu are too hot to touch...

seriously how did they #%%! up so badly with the design and overheating....

I called tech support and my only options were

A: pay 100$ for repair
B: tough sh!t pal, buy another xbox.

#%%! them im fixing this 200$ lemon myself

There is a reason I support Microsuck as little as I possibly can. And a reason why I call them that. ;P
Got duke nukem forever for my xbox, but my xbox freezes constantly even with the hard drive removed. It's also out of warrenty... so microsoft just f*cked me hard.

Why is my custom built PC more stable than a computer built by a multi billion dollar corp?

Because a custom built computer isn't inherently unstable, assuming it was built correctly, and because, on occasion, hardware can just fail.
Your title is misleading...

Edit, edit, edit
maybe the console just couldnt handle a game as bad as duke nukem
sorry, had to :p