Civilization Sapphire

Map Showcase
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next
In order to get the last one, you must get the silver chain by giving the emerald ring that you got from the guardian of the temple to a bird
It will lead u to a tree where you get the silver chain
pick it up with the silver chain. Afterwards, fly over to the top right island, and kill 6 units(doesnt matter), giving one the chain, killing it, picking up the chain, give, kill, repeat until 6 fires light up on the piillars. Afterwards, you should get a celesital being. Pick it up with a hot air baloon, fly it over to the dead body to the right of the temple, kill the being there. and the body will explode, giving you the final shard, However, if you put it in the temple, it will kill everything on the map
i found the secret with the emerald ring and found the sapphire ring but do not know where to go from there
Ok for the red ring, you make a wall in the center of the island with zerg land scape, and you use collossos to attack it, and you will kill a queen in the process that drops the red ring.

for the green ring you kill the guy outside the temple.

For the silver chain you give a bird the green ring and it will fly to a giant tree, then after it goes in the tree, it will drop a silver chain.

For the alien you sacrifice 6 units or buildings in the stone circle in the top right and you will get him.

Giving the chain and red rings to birds do nothing, same with the other neutral mobs. You can't capture the temple, its invulnerable.

This is what I have discovered so far.

07/02/2011 11:50 AMPosted by FURIOUSprobe
I found a sapphire fragment, but i cant seem to find any others. I have the entity and the silver chain but i cant figure out what to do next!

Heres what I found. Killing every single enemy unit on the map gives you sapphire fragments. Go to the zerg islang and kill the larvae, it should drop a bronze key. Use the bronze key at the cave to release a leviathan. Kill the leviathan and it will drop more sapphire fragments.
OK, so here is what I have. I went here and compiled EVERYTHING, then tested it in a game.

• You get the green ring from the high templar (you kill him)
  • Give the green ring to a bird, it wil fly towards a large and very noticable tree at the bottom of the map
  • When the bird perches on the tree, it will drop the silver chain
  • Pick up the silver chain, then using a hot air balloon and 6 miners + barbarian, fly them over to the large rock island at the top right corner of the map. There should be 6 rocks lined up in a circle.
  • Give the chain to a worker, kill it. This will light one of the rocks on fire. Repeat 6 times. Recieve etherial entity
  • Carry the etherial entity (which is yours) to the big dead fella right next to the sapphire shrine. Sacrifice him there. It will remove the dead person and reveal sapphire fragments.
  • Kill all enemies on the map, recieve sapphire fragments
  • Use splash damage to kill the larvae in the zerg area (northwards of the map center). This will also kill the broodmother, recieve ruby pendant
  • Travel to the island at very bottomright of the map and destroy the seemingly-misplaced rocks there. Recieve bronze key.
  • Use the bronze key to unlock the abandoned mineshaft at the very topright of the map. Leviathan appears, kill it. recieve sapphire fragments.
  • Place all sapphire fragments in the sapphire shrine
  • This will kill all units on the map. Still no idea what the ruby does.
    i shall end this once and for all, there are 3 sapphire pieces, one is random location, one is on the corpse beside the sapphire citadel (killing the ascended being on that location will cause the corpse 2 explode) giving you your second piece, and the final piece you must get the key, from the rocks near the bottom right corner of the map, and bring it to the top left corner to unlock the door, giving the third piece, putting all three pieces in the citadel... well ill leave that to you to find. happy hunting
    08/20/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Pendragon
    one is random location

Kill every single enemy unit on the map. The very last one drops the sapphire.
    heres what i found out so far:
    Go to the left side of the map to the island shaped like a c destroy the rocks, they drop the bronze key.
    Bring the bronze key to the top right hand corner and give the bronze key to the gate there.
    A leviathan should pop out, kill it and a sapphire fragment drops at the gate.
    bring the sapphire fragment to the citadel.
    Kill the guy there he drops the emerald ring. Bring the ring to the place where the creep is.Bring a colossus with you. Attack the worker until a queen appears and dies, the queen drops a ruby pendant, bring the emerald ring to the giant tree in the middle, give it to one of the birds there, the bird becomes invunerable and goes into the tree and drops silver chain.

The next part is only a theory, i havent tested it.
    Bring the Ruby Pendant the dead ghost. Notice that he has a ruby sword in his back.
    Something appears...Kill it. it drops another sapphire fragment, bring it to the citadel.

Im not sure what the silver chain does, im guessing it has something to do with the entity,
    which i have never seen.

Thats all i know
    Ranged units are too powerful. A few minutes into the game it's all about marines and then hydras. Lame.
    OK, so here is what I have. I went here and compiled EVERYTHING, then tested it in a game.

• You get the green ring from the high templar (you kill him)
  • Give the green ring to a bird, it wil fly towards a large and very noticable tree at the bottom of the map
  • When the bird perches on the tree, it will drop the silver chain
  • Pick up the silver chain, then using a hot air balloon and 6 miners + barbarian, fly them over to the large rock island at the top right corner of the map. There should be 6 rocks lined up in a circle.
  • Give the chain to a worker, kill it. This will light one of the rocks on fire. Repeat 6 times. Recieve etherial entity
  • Carry the etherial entity (which is yours) to the big dead fella right next to the sapphire shrine. Sacrifice him there. It will remove the dead person and reveal sapphire fragments.
  • Kill all enemies on the map, recieve sapphire fragments
  • Use splash damage to kill the larvae in the zerg area (northwards of the map center). This will also kill the broodmother, recieve ruby pendant
  • Travel to the island at very bottomright of the map and destroy the seemingly-misplaced rocks there. Recieve bronze key.
  • Use the bronze key to unlock the abandoned mineshaft at the very topright of the map. Leviathan appears, kill it. recieve sapphire fragments.
  • Place all sapphire fragments in the sapphire shrine
  • This will kill all units on the map. Still no idea what the ruby does.

This will answer ALL your questions about the hidden secrets of the planet
    ALL my questions? What does the ruby pendant do?
    Oh yea, about that, It gives the holder a 40 Damage attack. Dont realy know the specifics of it yet, but it should be overpowered if you get it early enough.
    ummm, no... This doesn't answer everything about the map.

1. The chain isn't needed for the sacrifice and therefore it's use is still a mystery.

2. is it possible to get the queen visible? killing the larvae doesn't seem to work for me and it takes a lot longer to kill her without her being visible.

3. what does the ruby pendant do?

I'm thinking the pendant and chain do something more but we might still be missing another piece or at least noone seems to be able to figure out what to do with them.

Btw, I have blown up the world without using the chain or pendant, so I know they're not needed for that.
    Blowing up the world is jerk move yo.
    Im so glad to see this map have players again. I swear, half of its plays were me and my friends.
    Also a suggestion from a long time player:
    first, i like the old prices for farms/mines. Second, mass knight is retardedly OP. Biplane needs a nerf. Early All units should move slightly faster. And this one's the biggest one:
    WE NEED A BIGGER MAP PLEEEASE.

Not only will bigger maps provide for less cramped games, it will also provide people who are behind to catch up without dealing with other players. Larger maps will reduce the power of t1 and t2 allins. The main problem with the game now is that whoever gets the most land early on wins, because the resourcecs are so limited and close together. Eventually, it becomes impossible to break one's map presence, because their econemy is ahead when you have nowhere to go to catch up than to try your luck against someone with tons of entrenchments.

EDIT: and i LOVE the idea of a scouting unit suggested a few pages ago
    Well I'm back, found a game opened and tried it. It was updated again, IDK when.

From last time I played, making cities became harder due to supply, and farms are producing too much minerals. Gas became the biggest bottleneck, so expanding is more needed than ever!

At first this resources system looked unbalanced, I had enough minerals and no gas and still needed more farms to build more cities. But maybe it also allows more variety of gameplays. Somebody could early tech, rush marines and then expand, or rush army to expand then build a lot of farms and cities after having some gaysers.

But I also noticed marines are way stronger. I have no opinion about it, I played only 1 match and didn't try it too much.
    The secrets are above what happens when you can controll the citeadell?
    Okay, so using the Fragments killed me. Silver Chain and Ruby Pendant don't appear to do anything. Am I missing something?
    I think income from refineries and depots should be boosted but make it extremely hard to expand.

For example, where everyone starts there is usually a large clear space that has some hoplites, marines and zealots and is somewhat difficult to take out. Instead of having those low tier 1 units I would say build some walls and bunkers and put in some tanks and a lot more higher tier units. The same would go for those other areas currently with firebats and mini-lisks.

I also think changing it back to where you cant pull one unit at a time from a gas made the game more challenging. I liked the fact that if you tried to pull one, they would all come.

Also, ditch the 2 middle areas. Put a fortress of creeps of there and bump the map down from 8 players to 6.
    I couldn't disagree with Machschau more. Quicker expansion phase (especially relying on luring units away) does a lot for the map:

• makes early game more engaging, which you need since interaction is low
  • rewards practice, which keeps people coming back
  • gets people to interaction quicker

• The buff on units over the last couple months has probably been for the better because it may have been too easy before. It's a balance issue.

I think the biggest problem for the health of the game is the lack of diplomacy. Essentially there are two approaches to a map like this: be a (insert expletive here) who just wants to micro the opening properly and easykill the first player he meets and the people like me (probably few) who want to have a more interesting game with multiple fronts, etc. etc. I'll call the first group the FFAers and the second group the diploers. Right now the FFAers run the map because they're the only ones who take the time to learn game mechanics.

That's a problem because I think the really interesting games come from alliance situations that grow to control interesting combinations of territories and have to coordinate to defeat other players. The FFA side can keep the interest of those people who want to button mash and easykill other people, but it has a tough time providing the following things:

• novel strategic situations (since variations don't occur as much because easykill happens)
  • coordination or player interaction
  • long games
  • any reason for somebody who gets sandwiched to keep playing

• Having the NvS and EvW modes helps this situation somewhat, but I'd like to see more attempts to balance the community more. If I have more thoughts I'll rant more.

Cheers Kenoli, best wishes for the map.