Civilization Sapphire

Map Showcase
Prev 1 2 3 4 20 Next
I was trying to give the ring to multiple creatures and accidentally tried to give it to the scv holding it, the ring then disapeared.
Funny. The description of the the birds flying around the map is "Suicidal Unit" Dodo brids or something? Just move your mouse over the portion to the left, not to the right.
They are scourge from scbw and were flying banelings.
This "hidden queen" that drops the red ruby is about to send me on another 3 hour long excursion through this game X.X can't wait! :D
UGH, apparently giving it to a bird is a terrible idea :( still have no idea where this queen would be. If it was an actual queen (the zerg unit) I would assume that it would be on the middle island with the weird bee hive and creep on it. But no such luck.
-edit hmmmm, it won't let me completely block off the "bee hive" with walls and so it leads me to believe that something is meant to spawn from it. I must be missing something.
If you make mistakes and the ring disappear you can just save game when you get the ring.
I tripled the number of upgrades and completely changed the nature of the diminishing returns on buildings.

Also walls can be upgraded to watch towers, which gives them a larger sight range and the ability to see over cliffs.

This "hidden queen" that drops the red ruby is about to send me on another 3 hour long excursion through this game X.X can't wait! :D
UGH, apparently giving it to a bird is a terrible idea :( still have no idea where this queen would be. If it was an actual queen (the zerg unit) I would assume that it would be on the middle island with the weird bee hive and creep on it. But no such luck.
-edit hmmmm, it won't let me completely block off the "bee hive" with walls and so it leads me to believe that something is meant to spawn from it. I must be missing something.
It's weird how you know about that without knowing about it. How does that work?
Game is unplayable, player 1 get's all of the mineral/terazine resource production in the game.
kenoli i found pretty broken exploit but i dont want to post it on these boards so it doesnt get abused. message me in game char code 181 and ill tell you
agree game is broken in its current patch - only player 1 gets any income
agreed, v0.31 is busted. great map though, bring it back!
lol i did a funny thing with this glitch. i did something called barbarian wars. where i was the host and the 7 other people kept selling off gas to make mins and such. all i did was mass archer and.. somehow. they broke through. i guess a trillion zealots will do that to a guy.
06/19/2011 06:10 AMPosted by Niaka
lol i did a funny thing with this glitch. i did something called barbarian wars. where i was the host and the 7 other people kept selling off gas to make mins and such. all i did was mass archer and.. somehow. they broke through. i guess a trillion zealots will do that to a guy.

Yup, no matter how strong... You cannot fend off against the might of an alliance.

Lol, thankfully someone already posted about this issue, hope it gets fixed soon. ^_^
Yep, newest version doesn't work. It's a pity because I was playing it just fine last night. My favorite custom game on b.net right now. :( Get it fixed quickly!
So did u fix it yet??? i Kinda wanna play it now
The game is glitched, but i took the liberty to test some of the new features.

Watch towers are great. But their sight range do not increase with the "increased sight range to all buildings" upgrade. Also the upgrade to increase its sight range does not work or the increase its barely noticeable.

Hoplites dont get increase on damage from "all melee weapon damage" upgrade.

Trebuchets don't get additional movement speed from its respective upgrades.

I also noticed that increase in movement speed and attack speed are fixated. For example, researching movement speed will give 0.12 extra to all melee units, and attacj rate will give 0.06 to all units. This can offset the balance quite a bit. Instead, make the increase be a percentage of their base value. Maybe 10% for attack speed and 20% for movement speed?

That way, if a unit moves t 1.5 speed x 1.20= 1.8 movement speed after upgrade

Archer attack speed 0.75 x 0.9 (because you want attack speed value to decrease, meaning it attacks faster)= 0.675.

Again, if you give a fixated 0.06 attack rate to all ranged units, then the archer would have 0.69 instead of 0.675. Which in the archer's particular case its better. But say, if a unit has an attack speed of 4, and give a fixated 0.06, the after upgrade total would be 3.94. Which its almost negligible. Whereas if its calculated from its base value 4 x 0.9 = 3.6. A whooping 0.4 increase in attack speed which you can now appreciate!.

On repeated building diminishing returns.

I don't understand what you tried to do with these new mechanics. Yes buildings don't ramp up in costs but after 2 or 3 repeated buildings they barely give any points.

Also farms are included in this, is this intentional? Because after your 5th farm, you will almost get no minerals!

One last thing, it would be great if you could give notice on the loading screen of the game about your new updates, or at least let us know that the game has been updated. That way if something like this happens again at least we can connect the dots and realize a glitch must have come with an update, and still retain player loyalty.
I just tested the map this morning. I have been playing this map almost non-stop for a few days and now Its officially broken. The patch I heard that was implemented last night has caused some issues with the game. Only one player was gaining minerals from all our farms. Tech was not gradually going up either. Might want to check your triggers to figure out the issue.

Another thing I noticed before your latest patch was that when I am the last civilization standing, I do not get a victory after I leave the game. Even after all the other players and barbarians bases and units are dead.
well i found the silver chain. but now i dont know what to do with it.
Game is unplayable, player 1 get's all of the mineral/terazine resource production in the game.
Oh dear.