Matchmaking is garbage

General Discussion
Here you go Blizzard, here is an example of your garbage program at work (Pun intended of course, cause majority of the time it doesn't even work.)

I was in THREE STRAIGHT games where a organized team was placed vs myself and randoms.
They picked 2 zerg and 1 terran all three games and did the same cheese all three games. 2 8 pools, followed with mass lings and rauders. And every time, we cannoned or turtled and still were crushed. Not only does this show how flawed your current game is, but the fact that I can't play a damn game for 30 minutes because I will be paired against their team and deal with the same cheese....is ridiculous. Congrats on a @*%*ty Battlenet.

If you would like the 3 replays, I will be happy to post them... But then again, do you even care about the community?.... Probably not.
Would you rather have waited a half an hour for the computer to find an RT that had the MMR it was looking for?
Play 1v1.
I have discovered the problem!!! You ready?

You play team games.

/troll
lol team games
06/29/2011 01:14 PMPosted by GrimZ
Would you rather have waited a half an hour for the computer to find an RT that had the MMR it was looking for?

Hence why this matchmaking system is pure %!!#.

As for the rest of the crowd, sorry I played team games in Broodwar.. Thought it would carry over into something respectable is SC2. Guess that's to hard for Blizzard.

So glad we all worked this out.
SC2 can only be played for 1v1s, the rest of the system is garbage.
Here you go Blizzard, here is an example of your garbage program at work (Pun intended of course, cause majority of the time it doesn't even work.)

I was in THREE STRAIGHT games where a organized team was placed vs myself and randoms.
They picked 2 zerg and 1 terran all three games and did the same cheese all three games. 2 8 pools, followed with mass lings and rauders. And every time, we cannoned or turtled and still were crushed. Not only does this show how flawed your current game is, but the fact that I can't play a damn game for 30 minutes because I will be paired against their team and deal with the same cheese....is ridiculous. Congrats on a @*%*ty Battlenet.

If you would like the 3 replays, I will be happy to post them... But then again, do you even care about the community?.... Probably not.

It isn't necessarily a problem. It found the nearest team to your mmr as quickly as possible.

Neither are the strats are cheese, its a rush.
06/29/2011 01:14 PMPosted by GrimZ

yes.

@OP - Why didn't you just commit to an early push? They are still weak if they 8pool. If you know the opponents strategy and can't stop it, you need to get better.
So you used a strategy that lost to a build.

Then the next time you saw the same build you used the same strategy?
06/29/2011 01:21 PMPosted by WoodShadow
SC2 can only be played for 1v1s, the rest of the system is garbage.
Now you're getting it.
06/29/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Dragon
Play 1v1.

Yesterday playing 1v1, I played about 15 games, and was matched up against the same player 3 separate times. With all the other players on Battlenet, I have to play the same player twice in a row, 3 times in a night?

Wow.
06/29/2011 01:44 PMPosted by JBangin
Play 1v1.

Yesterday playing 1v1, I played about 15 games, and was matched up against the same player 3 separate times. With all the other players on Battlenet, I have to play the same player twice in a row, 3 times in a night?

Wow.

This is exactly the point I'm making...

Let me reiterate.... Back in Starcraft Broodwar B.net 1.0, you could control your own games.... AKA, if a hacker or bad mannered or glitch exploiting opponent entered your game, you, yourself had the power to kick them, ban them, etc. Nowadays, Blizzard controls all of it. I tried playing 5 different games within an hour, and faced the same team who did the same cheese tactic. I had no choice but to play the game.. because as you know, once Blizzard picks the game, your stuck in it... Not like I could cancel once I saw who my opponent was... Unlike B.net 1.0 where that was never a problem. (However: in advance to the opposing argument of hackers and spoof names in B.net 1.0, there were programs designed to stop that. In fact, I was part of one that originated from Bghers.com. Therefore never had a problem with that issue.)

And we physically couldn't rush faster. We tried that one game, but my ally didn't produce as much as the opponent zergs, hence a random team vs an organized team...

5 straight games of the same cheese with the ability to do nothing but accept the loses. Sure, I could play 1v1. However, playing 6,000+ 3v3 games in BroodWar, I enjoy that style better than 1v1. And seeing how 3/4 of Starcraft is centered around team games (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) I think the system should be much much better than what it is. Therefore "Play 1v1" is irrelevant.
Don't worry, in time when Blizzard makes SC2 much more appealing than it is now, maybe more people will start playing 3v3's rather than the other 3 matches.
3v3 and 4v4's are ridiculous. I got diamond placement by playing with 2 teamates that have never played terran and we just 6 raxed 5 games in a row. 2v2 is a fun game but man, 3v3 and 4v4's might aswell be a ffa.
06/29/2011 01:44 PMPosted by JBangin
Play 1v1.

Wow.

The reason for that is simple. Of all the people on battle.net, how many are looking for 1v1 games? How many of those are in your general rating bracket? How many of those pressed the find match button within one minute of when you did?

There is an inherent flaw in the system where the people who just finished a game have all stars aligned to be matched again - they are close in rank and time and are looking for the same type of game. The system tries to avoid matching you with the same guy, but if there isn't anyone else available, he gets picked up at the "expanding search" part.

If you don't want to be matched with the same guy again and again, try waiting 5 minutes before pressing find match. That way he will have started his new game already and you'll be matched with someone new.
1st problem - team games

2nd problem - random teammates

the game is balanced around 1v1 and should always be balanced around 1v1.
this is why almost nobody takes team games seriously.
A game as balanced as Chess would appear imbalanced in a 2v2 setting.

yea, bughouse (team chess) is imbalanced, but like team games, its fun and not as stressful
In WC3 you could find regular RT 3v3 or AT 3v3 and both worked just fine and quickly..

Wow.

The reason for that is simple. Of all the people on battle.net, how many are looking for 1v1 games? How many of those are in your general rating bracket? How many of those pressed the find match button within one minute of when you did?

There is an inherent flaw in the system where the people who just finished a game have all stars aligned to be matched again - they are close in rank and time and are looking for the same type of game. The system tries to avoid matching you with the same guy, but if there isn't anyone else available, he gets picked up at the "expanding search" part.

If you don't want to be matched with the same guy again and again, try waiting 5 minutes before pressing find match. That way he will have started his new game already and you'll be matched with someone new.

Just as I mentioned earlier... I did wait different intervals trying to get away from their team. However got matched up 5 times straight in an hour. Flawed? Yes... B.Net 1.0 for the win! Furthermore, just goes to show you how many people Blizzard has lost with this #@#!. You never had the issue of getting the same players in B.Net 1.0, and you never had to wait as long as you do now to even find people to play with despite it just matching you with the same 6 people.