How did you beat 7 INSANE ffa computers?

General Discussion
I used cannon mass to carriers max farm, what did you do?
Float my CC to an island and let them finish each other off. I would then run in with mass BCs to kill the remaining one before it could rebuild its forces.
you dont. because you can onlt FFA with 3 computers....
If you find out, let me know! I used Cannons and Void Rays... Was 99% complete and on my way to victory for the Very Hard FFA and my frickin' computer locked up... WTF!!!!!!!! :P
on the lava flow level lift ur CC off to the island let them finish eachother off and mass Bcs
07/08/2011 07:41 AMPosted by Roayer
on the lava flow level lift ur CC off to the island let them finish eachother off and mass Bcs

That's what I did too. Found it easiest to do when setting all the AI to protoss. They don't drop as much on your island that way.

Another tip, you can set this up with a human observer and still get the achievement. So do it with a friend and they can tell you what's going on with the AI and when is a good time to move out, etc.
07/08/2011 07:36 AMPosted by Sheppard
If you find out, let me know! I used Cannons and Void Rays... Was 99% complete and on my way to victory for the Very Hard FFA and my frickin' computer locked up... WTF!!!!!!!! :P

You probably overheated I recommend you open your case and point a household fan at your computer!
I massed voids and cannoned myself in. Waited for them to finish each other off enough to clean up the map with those. I had play a couple times before I didn't get aggro'd too much. I think it took me three tries.

Try to take an expand and once you have enough voids you should be able to clean things up because none of them have been able to build.
Lava flow, fly to the gold, mass scv, build 2 cc's fly to each island, keep using gold till they attack, fly away. By that point you should have 4-5 starports up, upgrades going and mass BC's. Took me about 25 minutes.
07/08/2011 07:34 AMPosted by oBLPoZim
you dont. because you can onlt FFA with 3 computers....

you fail at trolling yet failed at failing

not like the computers attack you, I also do not recommend selecting all zerg leave them at random
Abyss with mass tanks and thors
Cannon rush one player and take the base, then mass carriers.
07/08/2011 07:45 AMPosted by Leviathan
You probably overheated I recommend you open your case and point a household fan at your computer!

This... actually works. I've done it before. I've also contemplated using a refrigerator as a PC case before, but I fear that if moisture condenses that it might fry the parts.
Well it took me 4 or 5 tries but I did get that achievement. I use protoss and on a map where i could easily defend 2 bases with cannons and void rays. I got a cannon line up fast, maxed my mineral lines and cranked void rays like there was no tomorrow. Even then victory was not guaranteed. It all depended on the results of the computers fighting each other. If one computer emerged really strong then I would lose. I tried using terran one time but failed even with a good defensive line with tanks and stuff. A map with islands would be good too but make sure to build aa around the perimeter of the island or they will drop in on you in mid game.
There is one 8 player map with islands with double expos.

Play terran, lift off, expand, mass bc's and turrets until only one is left.

Make sure you know where its base is before it is the only one left and then kill it.
Three cannons, expanded after 2 were taken out, got 10 voids, took the gold, cannoned it off, continued to max voidrays. Proceed to destroy AI.

Map was... Some desert map. I forget. :\
Mass cattlebruisers by moving onto the island on that lava map.
07/08/2011 07:34 AMPosted by Fors
Float my CC to an island and let them finish each other off. I would then run in with mass BCs to kill the remaining one before it could rebuild its forces.

This, on that lava map.