And CombatEx just beat Destiny

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13
combatex is just a giant #!%!, i don't really care if hes very good if hes that much of a trash talker. i mean BM can be funny, but hes just ridiculous.
07/07/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Blasteroids
I think people assume he's bad because of his bm, but he's actually a respectable player once you get past the giant wall of bm he puts up.

no. just no. hes terrible
why is combat a better player if he wins once? i have seen destiny beat combat many times even thou combat stream cheats

i guess he could be considered a good player... if you consider cheesing every game a sign of a good player.
07/06/2011 09:54 PMPosted by TSLsSKS
CombatEX @%!!s destiny in macro games

yet combat is in masters and destiny is in grandmasters? and dont say destiny plays more because combat plays more.
anyone can beat someone if they're watching their stream and know exactly what their opponent is doing, which is exactly what combat does.
wtf u talking about DReamCrusher combat is in GM not that it means much.
ive beaten destiny.
am i better than destiny? no.

i dont really see the point in these treads. to me it just sounds like your jelous. kinda sad brah.
07/06/2011 10:04 PMPosted by Etra
Was he cheating? If you're in the GSL and your opponent is stupid enough to broadcast his games with less than a 30 second delay, wouldn't you watch it? What honor is there when your opponent is handing you the advantage?

no i wouldnt because i am not a d bag like you and combatex
i could beat the pros when i open their live stream and see what they're doing to
07/07/2011 01:42 PMPosted by DreamCrusher
yet combat is in masters and destiny is in grandmasters? and dont say destiny plays more because combat plays more.

Except that's wrong...~ Combatex is close in rank to destiny in grandmasters o.O~
07/07/2011 01:33 PMPosted by Mentallyafk
I think people assume he's bad because of his bm, but he's actually a respectable player once you get past the giant wall of bm he puts up.

no. just no. hes terrible

Explain to me how he is terrible?
If Destiny only knows two builds, how did he get to top 200 when infestor's sucked? Also, who gives a %!@@ if CombatEX beat Destiny once on ladder? Destiny beat Select once on ladder, and he still knows he is worse than Select. The one game every once in a while does not mean %!@@, all anyone should care about is a BO5 or BO7. I do not understand the obsession EVERYONE has over ONE game that happens every once in awhile.

Ladder doesn't matter at the high level, also. Why do you think a lot of the high high players, aren't high up on the ladder? Because they don't do it very often.
These 13 pages explain why North American is home to the biggest idiots world-wide. Arguing about people you will never meet,let alone see in real life. This thread is the reason why people laugh at e-sports and don't take it seriously.
CombatEx is still trash who will never go pro, or be able to compete on their level.
07/07/2011 05:33 PMPosted by Null
These 13 pages explain why North American is home to the biggest idiots world-wide. Arguing about people you will never meet,let alone see in real life. This thread is the reason why people laugh at e-sports and don't take it seriously.

So basically an extremely small group = the US as a whole? Last time I checked, Battle.net just attracts the lowest common denominator, like most gaming forums. They add nothing to any discussion. Though, you also fit that category with a post like that. Not sure why you're complaining, when all you can do is stereotype a whole country from a few unintelligent posts.
And thus... No @!@*s were given.
07/07/2011 06:19 PMPosted by Larnik

So basically an extremely small group = the US as a whole? Last time I checked, Battle.net just attracts the lowest common denominator, like most gaming forums. They add nothing to any discussion. Though, you also fit that category with a post like that. Not sure why you're complaining, when all you can do is stereotype a whole country from a few unintelligent posts.

Common human nature. I'm not complaining persay, just pointing out an observation.
So... Let's consolidate some facts.

1) Combatex is a BM @!#!%%! who openly admits to stream cheating.
2) You can't scout your opponent very effectively when they can see incoming muta/changeling scout etc.
3) I don't give one rat's ass about destiny. I'm a protoss player, and the only zerg I even vaguely watch is Spanishiwa when I'm really bored.
4) Stream cheating is technically bannable. My proof:

"Unapproved Third Party Software
A third party program is any file or program that is not a part of the StarCraft II software, but is used to gain an advantage in the game, such as increasing your resource gathering rate or map visibility."

<a href="http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=33806&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=4511">http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=33806&parentCategoryId&pageNumber=1&categoryId=4511</a>

It doesn't directly provide map visibility, but by Blizzard's own wording, watching the stream of a player you're against is providing you map visibility that you wouldn't otherwise have via third party software/application (Justin.tv/the internet).

It has nothing to do with destiny choosing not to delay his stream. Sure, he could delay his stream. In an extreme example, sure, I could lock my door at night, but if I don't, that isn't implicitly inviting somebody to rob me. It's still against the law. Of course there's something he could do about it, but the reason he doesn't is because 99% of players have the decency to not stream cheat. CombatEx is obligated but not forced to respect his opponent - he chooses not to. The burglar is obligated, but not forced, to respect a person's privacy. But they choose not to.

Note: I'm not saying that combatex is a burglar, it's a pretty effective analogy though. Just because I, for example, am well known in my neighborhood to leave the door unlocked, is not me saying "Please rob me." It might be stupid of me, but it doesn't mean I'm at fault.

If you'd like to argue that combatex isn't actually cheating, please explain how viewing another opponent's stream does NOT provide additional map visibility. Because it does.

Also: I don't care about destiny. Just wanna reiterate. Just givin my opinion.

stream sniping is not bannable. it is the same as talking with your opponent on skype and he tells you what he is doing. if you use like a hack than that is bannable. justin.tv is not a hack.
BUT it is still cheating according to the vast majority. i don't care if destiny asks for it or not but it is still cheating.
Yeah Destiny sucks, he doesnt scout, he doesn't know different builds or timings, or how to do drops/nydus/baneling drops, or all ins, or how to do super gosu macro like a good zerg should. He doesn't try to do sneeky builds or metagame builds, or try to do risky builds. No he knows how to find the 1 op unit and only build that. Props to him because now that the infestor is super crazy op and acts as a ht/sentrie/dt/marine/infestor he can somehow get as high as he does.